2.2 Missions and Other Opportunities HELP !!

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

2.2 Missions and Other Opportunities HELP !!

Postby Hossyman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Until 2.2 arrived, I had a trade routes that netted me about 10 to 15 mil an hour. After the update, I am still an Ally and have all my reps and ranks, but am lucky to find a mission higher than 10k much less 1 mil +. Strangely enough, the last mission I ran before the update was for 1.9 mil. After the update, the exact same mission showed up and was only offering 2k. This has been the case for everything I have seen or done since the update. Am I missing something here ?
Thanks

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: 2.2 Missions and Other Opportunities HELP !!

Postby TorTorden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:05 pm

They have adjusted long range hauling missions, it's been a known adjustment since the launch of beta.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Kurok
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kurok

Postby Kurok » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Glad I came on to this game 1 1/2 weeks prior to this update for I was able to make just enough to upgrade to a Cobra using the long haul delivery, seems now that they nerfed it I will have to look and search for other means for a quick profit to try and catch up.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Kurok wrote:Glad I came on to this game 1 1/2 weeks prior to this update for I was able to make just enough to upgrade to a Cobra using the long haul delivery, seems now that they nerfed it I will have to look and search for other means for a quick profit to try and catch up.

Don't rush to "catch up", there's nothing to catch up to, have fun doing what you're doing would be my advice, there's many a player who started at launch who still just fly Cobras or Asps because they enjoy it.

Play for the fun, not the grind
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Kurok wrote:Glad I came on to this game 1 1/2 weeks prior to this update for I was able to make just enough to upgrade to a Cobra using the long haul delivery, seems now that they nerfed it I will have to look and search for other means for a quick profit to try and catch up.

there's many a player who started at launch who still just fly Cobras or Asps because they enjoy it.

*Puts hand up*

Before launch actually.......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:18 pm

I only saw a handful of mission boards in my limited playtime tonight so it may just be the RNG but the missions I was being offered were terrible - 8k boom data missions from allied factions for example.
I hope this is just my luck tonight because although you're never going to get rich doing missions, some reward would be nice.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Yep....

Once again I think missions are borked....Well delivery ones anyway....

Really low rewards....As you say, even from allied factions...

Lori said in game tonight that Michael brooks said something about it and I think they are looking into it....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Kurok
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kurok

Postby Kurok » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:34 am

Xebeth wrote:

Don't rush to "catch up", there's nothing to catch up to, have fun doing what you're doing would be my advice, there's many a player who started at launch who still just fly Cobras or Asps because they enjoy it.

Play for the fun, not the grind

I understand, just tough I needed to be with an anaconda asap but after reading a bit more about shipyards and how you have to go back to change ships and all I think a good all around ship for now will be the ticket. I even love the grind at this time :)

Tojo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tojo Silmar

Postby Tojo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:38 am

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:26 am

Think it has to do with FDev trying to nerf Sothis/Ceos.

Return to “General Discussion”