Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:30 pm

Tempting to go back mining and drag a FC there but decided not to I wish it appealed to me tried it out during beta period but for now no carrier appeal plus I have enough coins glad to have that period behind me. Using the Cutter to haul weapons (at a lost) may as well be for free just to piss of the Void Walkers. Also attempting to determine what 3 FC are doing in sector I have been visiting for 5 years. Not a mining system the 7 mining sectors a jump or 2 nearby are semi okay obliviously I' must have missed one or two think I try and sort that out. May be Trinity Star will open a bank and permit qualified customer 0.001% Fleet Carrier loans :)
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

mononoaware
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mono No Aware

Postby mononoaware » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 pm

4kly from Beagle Point in my AspX after 2 months exploring East of the Galactic Centre and it shows! First thing I'll do when I get back to the Bubble is have a big mug of Tanmark Tranquil Tea and sleep for a week!

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby SCE2AUX » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:33 pm

Just got back to Sol after another hop to Betelgeuse but with proper scanners. Managed to get my name on my first set of planets too. Crossed off seeing my first Neutron Star and Black Hole in the process. Also picked up my first non human signal source once I got into the Pleiades area. (Where the black hole I visited was). Lot’s of 1st’s crossed off the list on this trip. Next I plan to visit my first Thargoid sight. Do you guys recommend a combat ship or should I be ok in a DBX?

(Tough to get screenshots to be as clear as the HMD)

Exiting hyperspace to this in VR was a spooky moment:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Lucian Latenne
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lucian Latenne

Postby Lucian Latenne » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:30 am

Currently halfway through a mini expedition, orbiting the Hawkings Gap Beta site.

Started off at the Frontier Crater, before heading due East to the ETA Carina Guardian Ruins, onwards to the NGC Guardian ruins then North-West to Hawkings Gap.

Next on to The Egret 6 Pulsars, the conflux, the home hopefully in time for Odyssey.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Just rebuilt my Keybinds and managed to get out of the station. 3 attempts tp get down to a planet. I feel lost.....
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Redeye
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Redeye Hellcat

Postby Redeye » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:52 pm

Participating in the evacuation of Mackenzie Relay. Stripped down my Orca and filled it with passenger compartments. Got the first load to the rescue ship, only to find another CMDR had parked his Orca on the only large pad and fell asleep, got drunk, or simply walked away from his/her computer. After multiple messages pleading to be allowed to land, I logged out of the Mobius group and played in solo the rest of the night. I won't mention the CMDRs name, but it was an all blue Orca named "Bluz Spacelines."

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Hanging in lawless open space collecting mats and other junk from ships attacking new miners. Lost the Chief twice and clipper once but so far the Lance is holding it's own, Vulture more fun but I'm greedy requiring a mount for warrant scanner to get more cash from kills, never forget to have that escape jump locked I'm good at forgetting getting better shooting with fixed but use gimbal frags.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Just got a Beluga Liner for those times when evacuation of stations are a thing.
Named her Rescue-1. For the sole purpose of rescuing people. Will be engineering the crap out of her.
Only problem is that there are no paint jobs or decals to indicate that the the ship is an SNR ship.
Think it’s been asked of FDev before to add the paint jobs and decals in but so far nothing.

nikolispotempkin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: nikolis potempkin

Postby nikolispotempkin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 pm

I've been putting off gaining combat rating so my trade mission interdictions stay at a low level lolol starting to figure it out in my Challenger

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Sadly stuck in the Seediansi system - awaiting Mobius Travel Clearance.

While spending time chilling at Grover Orbital, counting my space credits and appling yet another ARX paint job and or spoiler kit to my Anaconda - I have been brushing up on on the systems codex factions, allegances and lore - that "New Horizons" that I recently got has most certainly broadend the galaxy horizon indeed.

Once I have receieved Mobius Clearance I would be interested in finding a community active sector where I can work with fellow Commanders in a trade-wing run capacity, as well as exploration, mining and finally landing on planets =D

I am curious to know how many NPC Pilots I can have at anyone one time in fighter rcraft - I find it interesting if I could have a Type 9 with 3 fighter bays and 3 NPC pilots at the same time.

In my previous attempt at such large cargo runs, it was initially profitable for me and my friends on my wing - earning me many space credits and the rank of tycoon... however this golden time turned sour as the ever increasing numbers of pirates put that venture out of business I couldn't go to a system without 3 or more elite level pirates attacking my ship....

despite some valliant efforts of my wing mates, 9 times in a row... my vessel was destroyed...

financially I was crucified and this was on jus on the loss of insurance credits.... In the end I knew I had no choice but to scale back operations and risks considerably. Only a basic sidewinder with a heavily upgraded Asp Explora and Anaconda remain....

So waiting in Seedansi.... plotting my revenge against them pirates at a future dayte.... learning more and more from the codex.... information is power.... oh, and of course... space credits =)

Return to “General Discussion”