Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:02 am

TorTorden wrote:
Cometborne wrote:
I have regen and concordant sequence on my beams, which is nice in a wing, but does give me some heat issues.

One of my recent alterations was buying a second set of class 4 fixed beams.
And go for efficient heat vent instead of my regens.

And the damage is definitely higher but the main feature is heat vent.
Even going full blast in a cz, if I'm hitting targets with the beams I rarely go over 50% heat unless I also go dry in wep capacitor.

They are my new mainstay now and as for the rest of the team.
They can sort themselves unless we go for something completely nuts, like see how many internal security ships we can kill before they get us again.

Been running five efficient beams (G&T) on the Vette for a while with great effect, get in close and open up with the huge multis. Chew through CZs at a rate of knots. If Tor and Dawg are there too it's War over. It's a stunning set-up!

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:39 pm

RD-83 wrote:What kind of missions, Comet?

It seems to be the 'replacement' for the Ram Tah mission. Palin asks for 1/2/4 tons of Unknown Biological Matter, Unknown Technology Samples, or Unknown Resin. While you cannot stack these missions, you can take it again by launching and docking again. Payment is about 350k-400k per ton. Not much, but I can squeeze 7 CRCR for a total capacity of 14 tons into my cutter. According to the Canonn sheet, the nearest site (Pleiades Sector OD-S B4-1, 2 A, 62.8175 // 137.8808) is just one jump away, so all I need is a SRV and a shield. Larger amounts of the stuff tends to summon pirates, so bring guns for some extra fun, and a KWS for some extra profit. Maia is an anarchy, so no bounties except with KWS.

Compared to Ram Tah's 101 obelisk four week mission, this is very basic stuff, but the implications are interesting.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Meegler
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Meegler

Postby Meegler » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Hey all!

Currently I'm holding steady in the top 10 commanders for shipping commodities to Abroin for the CG. It's one hell of a grind but I'm loving every minitue of it. I love the python.

CMDR Meegler

Edit: I am at 35,411tons atm
Last edited by Meegler on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fly safe commanders o7

ModishNouns
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ModishNouns

Postby ModishNouns » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Meegler wrote:Hey all!

Currently I'm holding steady in the top 10 commanders for shipping commodities to Abroin for the CG. It's one hell of a grind but I'm loving every minitue of it. I love the python.

CMDR Meegler

How many tons have you shifted to get into the top 10?

I'm top 10% with about 4000t. Also, Python - Soda Dreamer - the perfect CG hauler :)

ModishNouns
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ModishNouns

Postby ModishNouns » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

A short break from the CG to grind Fed rank for the Sol permit. Midshipman + 75%, so almost there!

Also need to look out for DWEs and CMs for the level 5 FSD mod, but I've taken my eye off the ball a bit there. Must scan more wakes!

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 am

Got an itch to switch up my weapons on Lady Jayne (my Python) a few weeks ago.
Tried a setup with 3 x Large Fixed Multi canons (Rapid Fire, 2 with auto loader and 1 with corrosive rounds) and 2 x Medium Turreted Pulses (also rapid fire, 1 with scramble spectrum.) The Multis were devastating if and when I managed to get them on target. The turreted pulses were pretty cool too. The scramble spectrum kept messing up enemy ships. But I decided to change it up as I realized that I kept spraying my multi canon rounds around the place trying to get a hit. Basically, wasting rounds. Also, the way the canons are mounted on the Python, if I was in a heads on shooting match, most of my rounds would miss the ship unless it was one of the big 3.
Decided to change it up to 2 x Large Gimballed Multis (Rapid Fire, 1 with corrosive, 1 with incendiary), 1 x Large Gimballed Multi (Overcharged, with corrosive, cause I had this already) and 2 x Gimballed Pulses (Rapid Fire, 1 with Thermal shock). Not too bad, but the heat build up sucked and caused me more damage than the NPCs did.
Then I tried 2 x Large Gimballed Pulses (Rapid Fire, 1 with scramble spectrum), 1 Large Gimballed Multi (Rapid Fire with corrosive) and 2 x Medium Multi canons (Rapid fire, both with auto-loaders). Not too bad. But again heat build-up was a PITA.
So now I've decided to change back to the 2nd setup, but reconfigure the Multis to all Rapid fire with one corrosive and the other 2 auto-loaded. And to also reconfigure one of the pulses to take out the thermal shock but still be rapid fire.

In all of this, I learned that trying to find Configurable Components and Technetium is a real PITA.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Rylo Ken » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:28 pm

So I decided to unlock Prismatic shields... So I ran 750 tons of media material for AD this morning... SO GRATEFUL for my Cutter and her 760t capacity (yes, 760)

RK

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Doing Broo Tarquin unlock, I hope he drowns in his tea.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:04 pm

After drifting at the outer edge of the arm beyond The Rift since October, I'm slowly making my way back to civilization. I'm also reworking my log book, to include more details so I can more easily reference my findings, first discoveries, and such.

Return to “General Discussion”