Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby de Carabas » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:34 am

Doing missions for the Order in Njiri. First time I've come across delivery missions with a payout of 4 million creds which helps the recovery from recent 'condo loss and keeps my trader rank ticking along nicely.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 am

JohnLuke wrote:
RD-83 wrote:Having a night off because the thought of taking Fujin Tea to Broo 9 at a time doesn't appeal to me today lol

Ugggg..... that sounds painful. I should be on tomorrow around this time if you can use a hand loading up on Tea.

Thanks JL, very kind!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 am

RD-83 wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:
RD-83 wrote:Having a night off because the thought of taking Fujin Tea to Broo 9 at a time doesn't appeal to me today lol

Ugggg..... that sounds painful. I should be on tomorrow around this time if you can use a hand loading up on Tea.

Thanks JL, very kind!

Give me a shout if you see me on game today and we will caddy it

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 pm

*Al* wrote:Give me a shout if you see me on game today and we will caddy it

Thanks Al, did a couple of hours this evening and the Tea allocation has dropped to 5 pmsl.

I'm feeling the grind in this game for the first time. I always mix up what I'm doing if I get bored but unlocking some of these engineers is rather tedious.
I must have visited 10-15 convoy beacons and scanned hundreds of ships there and found one occurrence of classified scan data-bank. Not to mention the many haulage/passenger ships I've scanned in SC and around stations. I don't think the advice online to visit outbreak systems is valid anymore as I've gotten more outside of them; one from a Python leaving a planet!

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:54 am

RD-83 wrote:I must have visited 10-15 convoy beacons and scanned hundreds of ships there and found one occurrence of classified scan data-bank.

I got all my CSD from planetary settlements, using EDPathFinder to give me a list of settlements that can be scanned for them. This made the whole process relatively painless, and figuring out how to scan the data beacons of the larger bases quick enough was a nice mini-game.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ScytheKnight

Postby ScytheKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Cometborne wrote:
ScytheKnight wrote:Got to Allied with Alioth Independents last night. So next step is to do my permit mission then modify my Python for mining to get 50 Bromelite.

Been there, done that. Bromelite is more elusive than Painite, bring a big prospector limpet controller and lots of limpets. I went out with a cutter, class 5A prospector (4 active limpets), dual class 3D collectors, and 512 tons of limpets. Three hours and 200 limpets later, I had my 50 tons of Bromelite.

Nearest icy ring with pristine reserves is around LHS 2522 6 B, 18.44 LY from Alioth, 5200 Ls out. The system is a white dwarf and unpopulated, so caution on entry and do a recon run with ADS&DSS first to locate the planet and "learn" that it has pristine reserves, then come back with the mining gear.

Got it done eventually... took me two trips as I completely ran out of limpets with 49 tons.

Still, three large G5 Efficient Plasma Accelerators with Thermal Conduit was worth the hassle... just last night I did 72% hull damage to a python with a single ~150% heat salvo.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Cometborne wrote:I got all my CSD from planetary settlements, using EDPathFinder to give me a list of settlements that can be scanned for them. This made the whole process relatively painless, and figuring out how to scan the data beacons of the larger bases quick enough was a nice mini-game.

Wow, this is great, thanks! I've never done any planetary scanning before. And I agree, its more entertaining than just scanning ship after ship.
First outpost, I got some CSD's but the next 3 didn't, unfortunately.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Now.....

The team....

Breaking beta......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Been a while......

Sitting in Riff Raffs......

Shooting the breeze with barkeep and abusing the locals......

The small of monkey seems to have disappeared.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Been giving NPC piracy a bit of a go in Beta, never tried it before. Set up a clipper with the requisite equipment and took her to a Anarchy system.

Interdicted a hauler then realised I'd forgotten to buy any limpets, went back, got some limpets and then had a go at a federal courier but it was just full of leaflets. However, third times a charm and a T6 kindly "donated" a bunch of low temperature diamonds.

Quite good fun
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”