Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Engadine wrote:Decided to get myself a Guardian FSD Booster so have headed over to Synuefe NL-N c23-4 to source the required blueprint and components.

I recalled my ship and took care of the final four from the air :D
"A" for effort. Commander
Therefore I might as well grab as many blueprints as are needed for all the Guardian modules, which I think is 9?
yes may as well ; smart

Fun at the Guardian Ruins. A couple of tips; If your ship has Top Mount Point Defence do not dismiss her the PD will take care of some sentinel missiles; park close; (DBX has 3 nice top mounts); fight using the turret; use cover, fight on your beam (90 drgs) that way you can also move your ship in and out of cover; you can blast and hide; big fight near the end try to fight from the high ground; pip management 2 in shields 4 weapons. You can also hunt the sentinels when active we can see them there hiding especially at the end. I do not use the handbrake, others do; Point the SRV in the correct direction, use cover, move, fire, hide. Have fun.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:15 am

Engadine wrote:Decided to get myself a Guardian FSD Booster so have headed over to Synuefe NL-N c23-4 to source the required blueprint and components.

Never have been a great driver of the SRV and even worse at combat in it, certainly the latter hindered by the fact I never bothered to configure the keybindings properly :roll:

My first time around, the bindings were that bad in fact, that I recalled my ship and took care of the final four from the air :D

Think I'll be here a while doing the sourcing as those Sentinels are just a pain and having to get rid of them each time is a bore. Therefore I might as well grab as many blueprints as are needed for all the Guardian modules, which I think is 9?

Should anyone have any tips or advice they'd be most welcome.

o7

I just did the Guardian FSD booster, and trust me it is WELL worth it. Just go through the process a few times while you’re there. I had so much left I I’m thinking of knocking out another blueprint soon. Going from Robigo to the bubble in 6 jumps in my DBX never gets old.

This helped me immensely:

https://youtu.be/GzJJrfD7BHo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine

Postby Engadine » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:48 am

Thanks to you both for the replies and advice etc.

tinnitus wrote:Fun at the Guardian Ruins. A couple of tips; If your ship has Top Mount Point Defence do not dismiss her the PD will take care of some sentinel missiles; park close; (DBX has 3 nice top mounts); fight using the turret; use cover, fight on your beam (90 drgs) that way you can also move your ship in and out of cover; you can blast and hide; big fight near the end try to fight from the high ground; pip management 2 in shields 4 weapons. You can also hunt the sentinels when active we can see them there hiding especially at the end. I do not use the handbrake, others do; Point the SRV in the correct direction, use cover, move, fire, hide. Have fun.

Yes, I'd read about making use of the ships Point Defence, but this was once I was on site :roll: I'll certainly ensure I've got it the next time I visit.

Your advice regarding fighting the sentinels at the end on higher ground is a very valid piece of advice, which I managed to do inadvertently as a result of running away from them and then found myself on the higher ground which you can use to shield from their fire.

SCE2AUX wrote:I just did the Guardian FSD booster, and trust me it is WELL worth it. Just go through the process a few times while you’re there. I had so much left I I’m thinking of knocking out another blueprint soon. Going from Robigo to the bubble in 6 jumps in my DBX never gets old.

As it happens it was this video I used along with the Commanders Toolbox website :) I also will head back to try to grab some more, but after the frustration of trying to combat in the SRV, I'll leave it a short while!

I've now unlocked it etc. I just need to reconfigure and sort out the outfitting of my Python to make best use of it. It appears that over time the outfitting of my Python has just gone to rat sh*t. I've clearly numerous times quickly hopped into a station to re-configure it to suit a mission or CG's and it's now a bundle of everything and not one thing or the other.

I think I'll try to configure it for a general mission runner and purchase another to dip my toe into mining.

Should anyone have any Python loadouts lying around for me to browse over, I'd appreciate it. ;)

o7

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:39 pm

@Engadine

Just reread what I wrote about the handbrake apparently once set it may prevent the SRV from tipping over after a *blast*

Side note: Yes every commander needs a Python or three. Eventually you have one parked at a mine site. I have a "Porcupine* Python miner not certain if it helps but looks crazy cool. Lots of loadout choices for the Thon I have one that I like to fight with just for a different style mostly "A: rate and engineered mods including Prismatic Shields. Once upon a time when the Python first appeared she was King of killing.

Porky

Not at home not my ship.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby SCE2AUX » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:56 pm

Engadine wrote:Thanks to you both for the replies and advice etc.

tinnitus wrote:Fun at the Guardian Ruins. A couple of tips; If your ship has Top Mount Point Defence do not dismiss her the PD will take care of some sentinel missiles; park close; (DBX has 3 nice top mounts); fight using the turret; use cover, fight on your beam (90 drgs) that way you can also move your ship in and out of cover; you can blast and hide; big fight near the end try to fight from the high ground; pip management 2 in shields 4 weapons. You can also hunt the sentinels when active we can see them there hiding especially at the end. I do not use the handbrake, others do; Point the SRV in the correct direction, use cover, move, fire, hide. Have fun.

Yes, I'd read about making use of the ships Point Defence, but this was once I was on site :roll: I'll certainly ensure I've got it the next time I visit.

Your advice regarding fighting the sentinels at the end on higher ground is a very valid piece of advice, which I managed to do inadvertently as a result of running away from them and then found myself on the higher ground which you can use to shield from their fire.

SCE2AUX wrote:I just did the Guardian FSD booster, and trust me it is WELL worth it. Just go through the process a few times while you’re there. I had so much left I I’m thinking of knocking out another blueprint soon. Going from Robigo to the bubble in 6 jumps in my DBX never gets old.

As it happens it was this video I used along with the Commanders Toolbox website :) I also will head back to try to grab some more, but after the frustration of trying to combat in the SRV, I'll leave it a short while!

I've now unlocked it etc. I just need to reconfigure and sort out the outfitting of my Python to make best use of it. It appears that over time the outfitting of my Python has just gone to rat sh*t. I've clearly numerous times quickly hopped into a station to re-configure it to suit a mission or CG's and it's now a bundle of everything and not one thing or the other.

I think I'll try to configure it for a general mission runner and purchase another to dip my toe into mining.

Should anyone have any Python loadouts lying around for me to browse over, I'd appreciate it. ;)

o7

My Python with Guardian FSD booster is my main income source. I can do Robigo-Sothos runs in 2 jumps (each way). I dont miss the extra passenger space, this shaves so much time. I’ve never enjoyed mining so I would be utterly useless with build help there. Good luck! Hope to see you out there.

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 am

Greetings Commanders -o7-

Recently got back from a week in Colonia, still feels that I have unfinished business there, so I am looking forward to going back someday soon.

I have read a lot of Commander activity in Robigo, I also run a small enterprise / travel service with Sirius Atmospheric Tours from Robigo Mines to Soothis.

#> "Gloria" Robigo Tours - Passenger Python

#> Robigo Mines Tour De' Force : With Luxurious Frist, Business and Economy Classes we have YOU Covered, book YOUR tour today!

"... and remember this liner is certainly in the top... few percent of all liners out there" ;)

If I can be so bold as to recommend outfitting your Passenger Pythons with the FSD V1 Class 5 Frame ship Drive module, you can get this with just some materials from the Human Technology Broker - I would recommend taking this Drive to Felicity Farseer to get the "Mass Manager" effect put on it so you can get 1862 effecitve Optimal Mass Multiplyer, as "Gloria" achieves 34.71 Light Year Jump - perfect for a two hop trip to Soothis.

There are some "choice" Class drops alongside some D and A rated Core Modules

Using this - Python build - it only has 1 engineered component, the FSD V1 - of course this build is all about earning the $pace buck$, there is no shield, there is no super-cruise, there are no utilities or weapons, and most of all there is NO boost. Of course with some *choice* Enginnering you can get the boost back atleast and have a higher top cruising speed, yet I have made about Billion and a quarter $pace Credit$ with this enterprising little Python, leaving from Robogi Mines to Sirius Atmospherics, aproximately $24,000,000 per run ( about 14 minutes round trip ) - most of the time is taken filling Gloria's Passenger Cabins, but she earns over $100,000,000 an hour and well worth the time and investment in such a venture...

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:25 pm

13:10 Arrived Robigo humped the Vette out here, and I already want to leave spent so much time here it makes be almost want to puke same for Ceos and Sothis we used to haul cargo using the Cutter into the Bubble before engineers only a gazillion more klicks to go (hehe). I have a Python parked nearby needs a wash and a little wax only have economy passengers. When I get bored with the vette that should do.
Image]

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby SCE2AUX » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:23 am

Zetr0 wrote:Greetings Commanders -o7-

Recently got back from a week in Colonia, still feels that I have unfinished business there, so I am looking forward to going back someday soon.

I have read a lot of Commander activity in Robigo, I also run a small enterprise / travel service with Sirius Atmospheric Tours from Robigo Mines to Soothis.

#> "Gloria" Robigo Tours - Passenger Python

#> Robigo Mines Tour De' Force : With Luxurious Frist, Business and Economy Classes we have YOU Covered, book YOUR tour today!

"... and remember this liner is certainly in the top... few percent of all liners out there" ;)

If I can be so bold as to recommend outfitting your Passenger Pythons with the FSD V1 Class 5 Frame ship Drive module, you can get this with just some materials from the Human Technology Broker - I would recommend taking this Drive to Felicity Farseer to get the "Mass Manager" effect put on it so you can get 1862 effecitve Optimal Mass Multiplyer, as "Gloria" achieves 34.71 Light Year Jump - perfect for a two hop trip to Soothis.

There are some "choice" Class drops alongside some D and A rated Core Modules

Using this - Python build - it only has 1 engineered component, the FSD V1 - of course this build is all about earning the $pace buck$, there is no shield, there is no super-cruise, there are no utilities or weapons, and most of all there is NO boost. Of course with some *choice* Enginnering you can get the boost back atleast and have a higher top cruising speed, yet I have made about Billion and a quarter $pace Credit$ with this enterprising little Python, leaving from Robogi Mines to Sirius Atmospherics, aproximately $24,000,000 per run ( about 14 minutes round trip ) - most of the time is taken filling Gloria's Passenger Cabins, but she earns over $100,000,000 an hour and well worth the time and investment in such a venture...

We have very similar setups! I did the G5 FSD booster as well. Are first class cabins always “better”? I’m a little confused there. I’d like to squeeze a little more out of each run but I’m not too worried about time shaves since I always work out of Hauser’s Reach and it’s a bit slower to begin with.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 am

Greetings Commander SCE2AUX -o7-

Its good to read you once again.

SCE2AUX wrote:We have very similar setups! I did the G5 FSD booster as well. Are first class cabins always “better”? I’m a little confused there. I’d like to squeeze a little more out of each run but I’m not too worried about time shaves since I always work out of Hauser’s Reach and it’s a bit slower to begin with.

Since my Runs are from Robigo-Mines ( medium landing pad only ) to the Sirius Atmospheric Tourist Beacon in Soothis - they bounce through one other system to get there, being that Soothis is 52 (ish) Light Years from Robigo's Prime star, This means you only need a 32 Light Year Jump range so you can get to Soothis in 2 jumps.

This is why the Robigo-Tours Python has mainly dropped Class A and D Rated modules - I used to run the Guardian FSD Booster in the Class 2 Module slot, as the FSD was a bit too week to achieve this ( since this was built at time I had little in regards to Engineering Materials ).

Once the FSD V1 ( Class 5A Double Engineered FSD ) became available I grinded mats ( mainly RAW ) to obtain 4 of these units from the Human Technology Broker. One of these was sent to Robigo-Mines and installed into the Python - thus giving her a substantially increased FSD Range - because of this she no longer needed the 2H Guardian FSD Booster.. So I swapped that out for an additional Class 2 Eco-class Cabin.

In all honesty Commander, this particular load out of Cabins did take a while to smooth out for maximum profit -

Cabin Loadouts
    6C [ 12 Passengers ] FIRST CLASS
    6D [ 16 Passengers ] BUSINESS CLASS
    6D [ 16 Passengers ] BUSINESS CLASS
    5D [ 10 Passengers ] BUSINESS CLASS
    5E [ 16 Passengers ] ECONOMY CLASS
    4E [ 8 Passengers ] ECONOMY CLASS
    3E [ 4 Passengers ] ECONOMY CLASS
    3E [ 4 Passengers ] ECONOMY CLASS
    2E [ 2 Passengers ] ECONOMY CLASS

Initially Gloria's Optional load-out was nothing like that, it had eveolved over two hours worth of runs to take the best advantage of the Robigo Mines Passenger Boards. The above is designed for "best payout" - however I am sure there is some wiggle room for additional optimisation.

The main reason I run from Robigo Mines is because at this site, they ( passengers ) pretty much ALL want to got to Sirius Atmospherics so it becomes a game of taking the most "lucrative" contracts first from the "First and Business Classes" and then "Economy Classes" - the rest is then padding ;).

As you can "put eco-class passengers in the higher class cabins" - its best to get as many First and Business passengers as they pay-more, again you can also put Business Class Passengers into First Class if you run shy of the first group.

The idea is simply, I give myself 5-6 minutes to Load the vessel of Passengers and take off - Jump 2 Stars, fly 1,600 LS to the destination, drop out of super-cruise, scan the Tourist Beacon, Jump two Stars back and then land at Robigo Mines - then rinse and repeat.

I hope that helps Commander, may profits be good and the galaxy spin in your direction -o7-

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Image]

Return to “General Discussion”