Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby DarkMere » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:57 am

Well in my humble opinion the Mk3 is the best ship in the price range by far, and its a ship I will always keep. Nothing in the game that's not been modified can keep up with it. A great ship for someone like me who often has to turn tail and run ;)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Drives off-line ... in deep space

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:22 am

thebs wrote:The Adjudication Server connection issues have been on and off all the past week. I used to think it was my Internet, Router, some various DNS caching at my Router or Windows DNS settings. But no.

It's gotta something at Frontier. They're farting with server-side crap. Why do I think such?

Because I now have the most dreaded regression of all ... the inability to bring drives on-line. But I'm not at some planetary base or on the ground. That was the prior problem. No. This is different.

After getting kicked out, I came back to the sound of my Drives trying to start like they are coming on-line -- just a brief click -- but are not. And sure enough, in the Modules panel, they are off-line. I cannot bring them on-line.

Had this issue before ... but on a planet. Not in deep space.

UPDATE: Using the up lateral, the drives came on-line. Weird.

Not wierd.
It's been normal since 2.1 that thrusters offline when landed and have a power on sequence run when you first thrust up to take off.
It does however keep the thrusters on when docked at settlements, apart from engineer bases for some weird reason.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 pm

I hate when that happens! :roll:

I had a go in the Viper Mk IV when it came out and remember it as being pretty good - no Vulture, mind you.
It's time to give this another go.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Just moved my fleet over to MacMillan Depot in Exioce. Now that we can BH in Exioce and support OoM at the same time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

I already ran into a couple of other commanders at the station. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:11 pm

RD-83 wrote:I haven't flown a MK IV but I believe it handles works than a Mk3 so I'll give it a miss lol

Wise move.....

I tried to give it some love......TWICE.......

I stuck with it....And stuck with it......And stuck with it the second time to see if I was missing something....

But nah just could not get on with it......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah the mk4 viper is an odd duck.

Best I can describe it as is a center seated, more combat focused multipurpose ship than the cobra.
But with slightly less cargo, jump range, and flat line speed.
Sure the hardpoint alignment is better in combat but I found the cockpit visibility far to limited to be worth it.

Your in total better off with a cobra mk3 and a viper mk3 for dedicated combat.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Drives off-line ... in deep space

Postby thebs » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 am

TorTorden wrote:
thebs wrote:The Adjudication Server connection issues have been on and off all the past week. I used to think it was my Internet, Router, some various DNS caching at my Router or Windows DNS settings. But no.

It's gotta something at Frontier. They're farting with server-side crap. Why do I think such?

Because I now have the most dreaded regression of all ... the inability to bring drives on-line. But I'm not at some planetary base or on the ground. That was the prior problem. No. This is different.

After getting kicked out, I came back to the sound of my Drives trying to start like they are coming on-line -- just a brief click -- but are not. And sure enough, in the Modules panel, they are off-line. I cannot bring them on-line.

Had this issue before ... but on a planet. Not in deep space.

UPDATE: Using the up lateral, the drives came on-line. Weird.

Not wierd.
It's been normal since 2.1 that thrusters offline when landed and have a power on sequence run when you first thrust up to take off.
It does however keep the thrusters on when docked at settlements, apart from engineer bases for some weird reason.

No, you missed my point, because ...

A) It's weird that was in the middle of space!

And ...

B) I had to close out Elite entirely, and come back in, to do it, before the lateral thrusters finally worked

I probably should have clarified that last point ... they didn't work until I exited, and came back in.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Well, I took a quick walkabout, and ended up in colonia.

Tried to use as many neutron jumps as possible, not really for efficiency but to alleviate the boredom, hehe.
Just filtering away all but non-sequence stars in the map, and sometimes picking a black hole instead.

Fun times.

Well, I made to colonia just now, stripped the asp, and sold the 33 mil 6a fuel scoop and the other bits and bobs, and promptly took the suicidewinder back to the bubble.

Now it's time for food.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Taking the slow route back from the center, approx 8Kly to go.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 am

24 jumps (11 in Möbius, 10 in Open and 3 in Solo) with a UA in the cargo hold and not 1 hyper-interdiction. Delivering Tantulum to Maia, get interdicted twice, consecutively.
The joys of RNG.

Have fun, fly safe <o

Return to “General Discussion”