Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 am

Falcon_D wrote:24 jumps (11 in Möbius, 10 in Open and 3 in Solo) with a UA in the cargo hold and not 1 hyper-interdiction. Delivering Tantulum to Maia, get interdicted twice, consecutively.
The joys of RNG.

I envy you. 32 round trips for the Maia CGs, not a single Thargoid. 2 hours at the barnacle site in Pleiades Sector OI-T c3-7, also nada.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:52 am

Nothing.

That's what I have been doing in game. Nothing.

Life has stepped in and threw a shitstorm of stuff at me. With some luck, cursing, copious amounts of alcohol, and a little more time I should be back in the game by Wednesday.

Last thing on my list is Tuesday evening: pick up new car and drop P.O.S. off so they can sell that money pit to some other sucker.

In the meantime, I have running some ideas over in my head for when the Daisies start blooming. One is to ignore it like I do Power Play and Passenger missions. The other is from the whole A-Team to purge those allergy causing things from the galaxy.

Third option is to teach Kharma how to love exploring ...

My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:10 am

Cometborne wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:24 jumps (11 in Möbius, 10 in Open and 3 in Solo) with a UA in the cargo hold and not 1 hyper-interdiction. Delivering Tantulum to Maia, get interdicted twice, consecutively.
The joys of RNG.

I envy you. 32 round trips for the Maia CGs, not a single Thargoid. 2 hours at the barnacle site in Pleiades Sector OI-T c3-7, also nada.

I was up to around 150 jumps across all modes without one. And around 8 hours planetside with nothing.
So I've given up and tried not to rage quit over it lol

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 am

Loriath wrote:Nothing.

That's what I have been doing in game. Nothing.

Life has stepped in and threw a shitstorm of stuff at me. With some luck, cursing, copious amounts of alcohol, and a little more time I should be back in the game by Wednesday.

Last thing on my list is Tuesday evening: pick up new car and drop P.O.S. off so they can sell that money pit to some other sucker.

In the meantime, I have running some ideas over in my head for when the Daisies start blooming. One is to ignore it like I do Power Play and Passenger missions. The other is from the whole A-Team to purge those allergy causing things from the galaxy.

Third option is to teach Kharma how to love exploring ...

I am *Al* and I am a member of the 'Hay-Team'........ Nah..

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Loriath wrote:Third option is to teach Kharma how to love exploring ...

Yea like THAT will ever happen......

There's not enough alcohol or class A drugs on the whole planet to make that possible.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Doing some experimenting. Reinstalled my CH software and finally have full control of my throttle with no USB disconnects. :)

I think I'm going to clear my save and go back to being myself and having a go with the rngineeers (and maybe Thargoids). Starting over in Colonia as someone else didn't work out as hoped.

Now I'm mostly hoping to hear good things about the future of the game coming from Lavecon next weekend to help justify starting over.
It's time to give this another go.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Y'all got any more of them ...

Postby thebs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 am

Thanx for letting me rant the past week. It's been far, far more stable the last few days of play. I bet they were updating things on the backend that affected me here in the Southeast US. Either that or Spectrum was f'ing with things again, not that my ping time is ever good. The price one pays for cable with no bandwidth limits or overages, it works both ways.

I'm now gunning for Palin. Are there still unknown fragments out there? Or have most of them been cleaned up by others, at least the common, known sites? Or even disabled with the new 'visitors' to sites?

https://imgflip.com/i/1r4f5o
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Lavecon

Postby thebs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Now I'm mostly hoping to hear good things about the future of the game coming from Lavecon next weekend to help justify starting over.

I really want to make it to Lavecon next year. I've never been to the main, British isle, just Ireland (including Northern) and the continental EU. I've love to use Lavecon as an excuse next year. It might line up with one of my wife's conferences next year too.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Re: Y'all got any more of them ...

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 am

thebs wrote:Thanx for letting me rant the past week. It's been far, far more stable the last few days of play. I bet they were updating things on the backend that affected me here in the Southeast US. Either that or Spectrum was f'ing with things again, not that my ping time is ever good. The price one pays for cable with no bandwidth limits or overages, it works both ways.

I'm now gunning for Palin. Are there still unknown fragments out there? Or have most of them been cleaned up by others, at least the common, known sites? Or even disabled with the new 'visitors' to sites?

https://imgflip.com/i/1r4f5o

If you go to one of the alien crash sites, there are loads of UA's and UF's scattered around the wreckage. Go there in Solo and you won't have to wait for spawns etc.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: Y'all got any more of them ...

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am

thebs wrote:...Spectrum was f'ing with things again, not that my ping time is ever good. The price one pays for cable with no bandwidth limits or overages, it works both ways.

I have Spectrum and I reset power on my modem every day, otherwise my ping goes to crap and my d/l is throttled within a day or two. My ping is often in the single digits. Mind you, I'm only paying for their basic service (~20Mbps, throttles to 1-3 w/o a reset).
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”