Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cometborne » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 am

TorTorden wrote:
Xebeth wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
They must have seriously boosted the repair limpets then cause last time I tried one it was about three limpets to repair 7%

Possibly, first time I've ever used one. One limpet took the hull from 52% to 100% in about a minute on a Krait Phantom, I guess it would take more on larger ship.

Nah it was like three-four limpets to repair 10-15% on a barely upgraded Cobra mk3.

The amount of hull repaired depends on the limpet controller class, the rating only controls how fast the repair is. Sounds like you used a class 1 controller. I recently went on a rescue run for a fellow explorer who had 17% hull left on his Krait. One limpet from a 7D controller was enough to restore the hull to 100%, with about half the capacity of the limpet left.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby The Murphy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello fellow Cmdrs,

I've got myself a shiny new Krait Phantom and immediately made it into my new exploration vessel and ventured out into the black again.
I love it as an explorer, it already does about 63Ly which is good enough for me, but most of all it handles much better than my
Exploraconda. It works so well that in fact last night I spontaneously decided to actually go to Colonia, since it's only about 13kLy from my current position.

Now, I've posted the following question into another old thread here in the forum but I'm not sure it will get noticed, so: is there any specific station at Colonia atm where exploration data is needed for Mobius? If so, please let me know and I will bring my stuff there. I expect to arrive in Colonia by the end of the week or maybe sometime next week. If I don't hear back from anyone on that topic I will just dump the stuff at wherever I dock first when I get there.

Here are a fwe impressions from my current journey :)

Fly dangerously, Cmdrs o7

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

Hawkeyeg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gerald Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeyeg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 pm

I just did a 35 jump to find the crash alien scout ship it only took me six hours once I got to the system. I thought there would be more to it but I did get some pictures so no problem. In a few weeks I will be going on the distance world 2 expedition on January 13 so I trying to keep busy till then.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:33 am

Logged in last night for the first time in Eons!

Made sure that my binds still worked, and headed out of the station and down to a planet to drive around and test stuff. Here is what I learned.

1) A wheel is not ideal for the SRV unless it is only a 270 degree or so. Since the steering is not linear, a 1080 degree wheel is a Spin Spin Spin aggravation.

2) I need to update my HCS voicepacks or Astra/Verity will kill me woth out of date commands.

3) Tor still can't fly an SLF and killed me in the SRV within 10m of the surface by ramming into me.

4) Dawg still spends more time Barking commands at Voice Attack than it would take to press the button on the stick 50 times. Each and every time.

5) Some Muscle memory remains intact, but the panel changes causes a lot of confusion.

6) I can still fly.

7) I got stuck in the Turret till I figured out which button gets me out... Like old times from other people (Dawg, Kharma, both) :P

I need to relearn a lot, but it was ok. May come back in a little more often. Even Mikey D logged in last night, but still missing Kharma, Al, and Socks to make it a Reunion.

Oh and 8) Xebeth called me a T**T :D
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

[quote="The Murphy"]Hello fellow Cmdrs,

I've got myself a shiny new Krait Phantom and immediately made it into my new exploration vessel and ventured out into the black again.
I love it as an explorer, it already does about 63Ly which is good enough for me, but most of all it handles much better than my
Exploraconda. It works so well that in fact last night I spontaneously decided to actually go to Colonia, since it's only about 13kLy from my current position.

Now, I've posted the following question into another old thread here in the forum but I'm not sure it will get noticed, so: is there any specific station at Colonia atm where exploration data is needed for Mobius? If so, please let me know and I will bring my stuff there. I expect to arrive in Colonia by the end of the week or maybe sometime next week. If I don't hear back from anyone on that topic I will just dump the stuff at wherever I dock first when I get there.

Hi mate

https://eddb.io/faction/75258

The above link should give you some info as to which systems in Colonia are controlled by the Mobius Colonial republican navy (MCRN), which is the Colonia branch of Mobius. Its my understanding, and i will hopefully be corrected if i'm wrong, that its only systems where MCRN are the controlling faction that will be helped by a data drop if the intention is to support the mobius community.

Fly safe CMDR, o7

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Loriath wrote:3) Tor still can't fly an SLF and killed me in the SRV within 10m of the surface by ramming into me.

It was a Mamba not an SLF, and you hit me. Just happens I was 10m above you. Doing 600ms at the time.
Loriath wrote:4) Dawg still spends more time Barking commands at Voice Attack than it would take to press the button on the stick 50 times. Each and every time.

Strong coming from the guy who sat outside a bugged settlement for five minutes before going to the station in close orbit.
Yes the AI is still fucked in the head.
Loriath wrote:5) Some Muscle memory remains intact, but the panel changes causes a lot of confusion.

Yes. Reading is hard :roll:

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 pm

TorTorden wrote:It was a Mamba not an SLF, and you hit me. Just happens I was 10m above you. Doing 600ms at the time.

See? YOUR Fault for incompetent flying.
Strong coming from the guy who sat outside a bugged settlement for five minutes before going to the station in close orbit.

It was not a Settlement, it was a Port. And it was full. So they said repeatedly.

Yes the AI is still fucked in the head.

Some things never change.

Yes. Reading is hard :roll:

It wasn't the reading, it was seeing where they moved things.

Oh, and its good to have the gang back together sorta... Missed Kharma being there, and could do without Tor and his lack of ability, but its still good :P
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:19 am

lafzy wrote:
The Murphy wrote:Hello fellow Cmdrs,

Hi mate

https://eddb.io/faction/75258

The above link should give you some info as to which systems in Colonia are controlled by the Mobius Colonial republican navy (MCRN), which is the Colonia branch of Mobius. Its my understanding, and i will hopefully be corrected if i'm wrong, that its only systems where MCRN are the controlling faction that will be helped by a data drop if the intention is to support the mobius community.

Fly safe CMDR, o7

Thx very much, Commander!
Looks like I'll arrive tonight or sometime tomorrow, that info you provided just came at the right time.
I should have a nice and juicy chunk of data in my battered flight computers, now I know where to unburden them ;)

Fly dangerously, Cmdr o7

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Cometborne wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
Xebeth wrote:
Possibly, first time I've ever used one. One limpet took the hull from 52% to 100% in about a minute on a Krait Phantom, I guess it would take more on larger ship.

Nah it was like three-four limpets to repair 10-15% on a barely upgraded Cobra mk3.

The amount of hull repaired depends on the limpet controller class, the rating only controls how fast the repair is. Sounds like you used a class 1 controller. I recently went on a rescue run for a fellow explorer who had 17% hull left on his Krait. One limpet from a 7D controller was enough to restore the hull to 100%, with about half the capacity of the limpet left.

Class 3D - perhaps it's a bug
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Due to manufacturing defect (aka: cheap parts) I have been forced to switch to a GamePad from my trusty Joystick.

Hilarity ensued, as well as cursing, hair pulling, and screams of frustration. But I think I got it working.

And it sucks. But less suck than a ship that can only do NASCAR corners (left turn clyde).
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “General Discussion”