Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby raorn » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:31 pm

They spawn after charging each pylon and after scanning final object. They don't re-spawn.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GreenViper » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm

The Murphy wrote:I actually added you to my friend list very soon after joining Mobius a few months ago :P
Ingame I'm Cmdr Shinkick Murphy. Still looking very much forward to that brandy you mentioned, hehe.

Ah, yes now I see... you're indeed on my list.
First thought Shinkick Murphy was another CMDR :lol:
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 am

GreenViper wrote:
Tifu wrote:
TorTorden wrote:You can start from scratch and get the needed stuff for a booster in about two-three hours.
Including travel time back and forth between the bubble and guardian space.

Might depend a little on how comfortable you are with SRV combat from the turret.
So bring two or more.

Another option is to bring something with a fighter bay.
Land close and when the guardian sentries spawn head back to ship and launch out in an slf.
The fixed beam variant would be my recommendation since you need to aim manual anyway.

Just wondering if I can leave the SLF piloting to my NPC fighter pilot. Also, have turrets on my Keelback - will setting them to fire at will help?

I destroyed the sentries with my SRV weapons, but parked my ship nearby having put two Point Defences on top utility slots.
That way the ship took out all of the missiles that the sentries fired at me, not one touched my srv :D

Very useful to know! Looks like I need to configure my Keelback properly once I start on those type of missions. Thanks a lot :D

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 am

Running Order missions out of Sabine. Ever since commanders have been able to partially complete missions I've quit doing CG's unless they're nearby where I'm operating. Profit is nearly the same.

Been taking out hostile NPC Vultures who've been interdicting me on my voyages by letting my SLF pilot take them on early ( aggresive stance helps) while lending fire support with missiles and (turret) burst lasers. By the time my shield is down (which is when I run :) ) the enemy's shield is down and hull is damaged as well. My fighter pilot crew has no problem finishing them off at that point.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

Taking back some reactive armor from Vanguard, the Federation megaship that isn't far from the frontlines of the war against the Thargoids. What worries me is that CD-62 234 (the system where Vanguard is) isn't that far off either from Azrael space.

For more information about the war you can check out this thread :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9390

ScruffyWolf
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ScruffyWolf

Postby ScruffyWolf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Currently running supplies back and forth, trying to get enough credits for a Python.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:13 am

Well, I finally got the Guardian FSD Booster unlocked, hehe. Took me a while, because either I read a wikia wrong about where to find the structures I was looking for, or because that info wasn't specific enough. I ended up accidentally unlocking possible Guardian weapon modules instead of the FSDB instead and had to relocate after I realized that... But hey, it finally worked out, my Exploraconda isn't quite at ease with the power requirements, but I can make it work by disabling not needed modules ;)

Here are a few pictures of that little adventure, hope you enjoy!
Cheers o7

This is the first structure I went to, it was the wrong one, alas!
I landed by night and went to sleep, then went on the adventure after the weekend.

These are some Guardian Ruins that were nearby. Didn't need to go there for the boosters, but since I already was there I naturally wanted to check them out ;)

Aaaaand finally, my departure from the CORRECT Guardian Structure, hehe.

PS: I obviously went there with my Anaconda and I really recommend taking something smaller if you are interested in doing this yourself. The landscape around those structures is pretty rocky and rugged and it's actually rather hard to find a good spot to land nearby with such a big ship.

Fly dangerously! o7

PPS: Thanks for all the good advice from you guys!! :)

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 am

Branching out to a bit of piracy with my new Cobra Mk3. The Krait would be ideal for this but aside from the astronomical cost I thought it would be good to get the basics mastered in a smaller & simpler ship. Taking her out for some engineering at Farseer's lab soon.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Halfway to a rendezvous with Farseer for much needed upgrades. Won't be back for a while in my usual hunting grounds.

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Hey there, calling in from the void.... buuut, first things first: what happened to the posted images here?

I've decided to go exploring for a while with no specific target. I'm just bumbling along in the general direction of the galactic core.
Forgot to repair the paint job on my Conda, so my trusted metal steed starts looking like a rust bucket... :roll:

Fly dangerously! o7

EDIT: after posting this, the images in this thread re-appeared again.... super weird ^^

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

Return to “General Discussion”