Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:02 pm

12 game hours yesterday working to rep and milk this sector took the first run out this morning clipped a shield-less Adder on a Cutter Wing it goes boom I boost right smack into a Viper while trying to get out of Dodge got the security shit kicked out of me Wanted for a week not a cheap Cutter Day.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:09 pm

TorTorden wrote:
LeDoyen wrote:We still managed to make a pretty penny. I banked around 5 millions cr with 10 tons of ore only. Can be really profitable in solo i guess

Yeah been doing that on the alt this week.
An hours worth of mining would be 120mil easy.

Took me a while, but after a few sessions I learned to recognise the good from all the test using the pulse wave scanner.

I came back to the same planet yesterday and made around 50 Mil cracking only a handful of asteroids. Only 32 tons of cargo but all i could find was void opals and low temp diamonds. Not complaining, that thing definitely works :)
I will have to make me a mining build it seems

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 pm

I just used my python.

Just swapped out the class 2 multi's for a seismic charge launcher and an abrasion blaster.
And a refinery.
A 3 limpets controller was plenty. And you could probably get away with a smaller refinery as well.

A small prospector limpet controller is needed and a DSS for finding hotspots is nice to have.

I hoesntly think anything bigger than the python would simply get in the way too.

My last few sessions usually ended up with 60-70 void opals and 30 or so grandiderite or low temp diamonds.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:44 am

Doing some core mining to see what fuss is about.

Annoying gankers on FD forum by laughing at them. Its a hobby.

Not seen many CMDR's about. Guess theyre all at DW2.

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

StellarObserver
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Deathinator

Postby StellarObserver » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 am

Arrived at Colonia this morning (around midnight UTC) and turned in about 1.5 billion in exploration data (about 3.5k systems and 40kLY).
Now at a loss as to what is next. :lol:

I think maybe returning to the bubble might be in order to work on engineers, buy some new ships and whatever else comes with that.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:11 am

StellarObserver wrote:Arrived at Colonia this morning (around midnight UTC) and turned in about 1.5 billion in exploration data (about 3.5k systems and 40kLY).

I think maybe returning to the bubble might be in order to work on engineers, buy some new ships and whatever else comes with that.

Long way from home but a very nice payment for you travels. I spent a few months there returning when passengers missions were paying huge credits.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Kentai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arryn Royce

Postby Kentai » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm

StellarObserver wrote:Arrived at Colonia this morning (around midnight UTC) and turned in about 1.5 billion in exploration data (about 3.5k systems and 40kLY).

If that didn't get you to Elite Explorer (if you weren't already there) I'd rage quit for a few days lol.

StellarObserver
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Deathinator

Postby StellarObserver » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 am

Kentai wrote:

If that didn't get you to Elite Explorer (if you weren't already there) I'd rage quit for a few days lol.

I was ranger rank before setting out on this voyage. After submitting all that data, I'm now Elite.

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am

Trying powerplay for the first time to see if all the fuss about prismatic shields is worth a look! Now in week 2 of 4. It took a while to get my head around the preparation/expansion phases and the humdrum routine of ferrying crap back and forth to gain merits :/

Decided to break up the monotony by doing a bit of res farming between media material runs to try and get my combat rank up from dangerous. Decided to leave the big ships behind and run an A rated viper build to hunt smaller ships in high and haz res and am really enjoying it! Learning how to use fixed weapons properly is a whole different ballgame and I'm finding its much better with a small ship when you can stay nose on to the target a lot easier than with a big ship.

ominus101
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Winter Black

Postby ominus101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:24 am

I wonder where are the PVE America CMDRs are hanging out. Im currently shacked up at Nahuaru

Return to “General Discussion”