What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Def Munky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Def Munky » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 pm

My ship is sitting in Felicity Farseer's port waiting for me to get back home tonight and figure out how engineering works. lol

Worse case scenario, I'll get bored and go mining a bit, maybe buy a couple of ships to try out and possibly even get blowed up real good in.

Bluesynapse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ruri Hoshino

Postby Bluesynapse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:13 am

New Mobius player.. currently omw to Maia to start engineer farseer..
I'd love to connect with someone I can ask the occasional question from.. like it took me 2 days to figure out that nickle came from the outcrops and other things on planets.. I wasnt sure till I saw it get looted in a video

Vortex-5
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vortex-5

Postby Vortex-5 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Doing soming mining for void opals and painte calling it the celebration / victory lap until the jan 14 update.

After that I think I'm going to start working on my empire rank and federal rank. Might head back to one of those stations I can help passengers evacuate.

Bender
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bender Rodriguez
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Bender » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Running cargo - working on Engineers

Trying to make some money

philcart
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PHILCART

Postby philcart » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:27 am

On my way back to Shinrata Dezra to hopefully pick up an Anaconda.

Kraken-keeper
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KRAKEN-KEEPER

Postby Kraken-keeper » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Dang, I am totally unorganized, compared to most of the post.
So I am didn't watch any of the "how to start Elite off right / get rich quick" vids.
So after playing around, leaving "Trainer" space the first day I got the game, picked up a courier that took me out, arrived at destination, logged for the night (played all of 2 hours at most), then next night found out I couldn't go back....lol
So mostly courier missions, with the money, bought different ships. Got me a Dolphin, going to try to do some tourist missions. Again, learning as I go, got me a short distance tourist, worked my way to his spot, then seen he wanted some clothes on the way to his second spot. Like an idiot, I didn't realize have to bring him all the way back to the starting station. Brought him back, got paid, looked closer, seen there are some that are round trip, some are one-way. So pick up some one ways. Watch some youtube vids (very few). Stop at a station (don't remember name), hey this group of 10 want to go to station close to the center of the galaxy, "well that can't be to hard, and be good to go sightseeing myself", they give a full week to get there. I should be able to do that. Pick them up, then every minor faction in the station had a courier mission to the same system, heck I pick them all up. Make some real money.

I head off, I got my fuel scoop, my destination, well I can't get the map to work right, and can't plot a route cause it to far away, so I plot that direction. I am jumping along, not getting very far. After 3 hours of jumping while watching a show with my wife, I realize my plot is having me jump 3 to 5 ly at a time. Ugh, I change that plot to fastest, there I go I am jumping now, all 20-23 ly. 2 days later, I am only about a 4th of the way there, got 4 days left on my missions. I start really looking for info on all this, my calculations says I need to be making over 200 jumps a day to make it there. I also come to realize, I haven't seen a station or settlement in a while. I have a wife who wants me to play games with her, rather than the next 4 days straight playing ED only. So I look at how to "honk" a system as I found I wasn't doing that. How to FSS a system aslo.
So I am out in Scutum Dark Region, just now learning how to search a system. I not going to reach the Colonia area quickly. I abandon my missions. I don't know what to do with the passengers. So I abandon the mission. I think, I will drop them off at next station. I get an immediate mission critical message that states they want me to drop them off at closest station. I think, "Sure, when I get back to the Bubble". Nope they think it should happen in 14 mins. 14 mins later, I get message that escape pods have been used. And a mail message that they have taken matters in their own hands. (Next time, if I am going to abandon a taxi mission, I wait til I am closer to stations.)

So now I am trying to redo my keybinding controls, do some mapping of systems and maybe some DSS of a few planets on my way back to the bubble. (I was drawn to the game because of exploration of space.)

NathanEx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NATHAN EX

Postby NathanEx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

After a 'false start', where I was following one of those get-rich-and-buy-anaconda-in-three-days how-to's, I felt I was going to miss the experiences of building my warchest and fleet naturally, as well as flying around in a huge ship with no idea what I was doing. So I restarted and doing things the old fashioned way with hard work. The explorer in me is always looking from something off the beaten path to go investigate though, and I'm learning the game systems as I go along. Stayed in the Pilot's Fed for a good while, taking advantage of the different systems' tutorials before finally heading to Diaguandri and Ray Gateway for those sweet discounts Yong-Rui systems offer. I may be doing things slowly but I'm not a masochist who will turn down a good deal. Been extremely busy with all the boom systems in and around the area, especially Ebor. Found a nice uninhabited system nearby with pristine icy rings to practice my deep core mining without pirate interruptions. Made a few missteps, like accidentally turning myself in and winding up in a penitentiary instead of finding an Interstellar contact to pay the fine; all part of the learning experience. I currently have 4 ships in my fleet - A Viper MkIV for trading and combat practice; Cobra MkIII for mining; the Adder I flew out of the Pilot's Fed with for long distance travel and exploring; and my starting Sidey of course. I'm at Midshipman rank with the Feds, so I'll probably make the pilgrimage to Sol once I gain the next rank, then branch out from there. The stars quite literally await.

Thebovin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CPT BOVINE

Postby Thebovin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 pm

NathanEx, i know of a vid you can watch to get to an anaconda in 2 days flat. I know it works because i am flying a fully outfitted anaconada right now and i only played 2-3 days to get it.

mindriot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Antares A Scorpii

Postby mindriot » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:31 pm

You should not aim to rush to an Anaconda, but work your way up the range ships, learn how to equip and engineer them properly, learn how you like to play and what you like to do. Every ship has roles its suited to, roles they were intended for, and some unusual uses people might not expect, and some theyre utterly useless at.

Besides lol, the question shouldnt be how quick can I buy an Anaconda, but how quick can I afford to equip one in a useful and balanced manner. :D Tip, youll need at least half a billion credits lol. Better to first buy a decent miner, essentially a Python after the latest patch, equip that. learn to mine and sell profitably, then earn yourself the credits to get suitably decent ships and go unlock the engineers first, because flying the big 3 without engineering, well, youll see...

rob1plessis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ROB1-OF-PLES

Postby rob1plessis » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi everyone.
There is a war in NJIRI system order of mobius need help, so I'm fighting ^^

Return to “General Discussion”