So I went all 'Zen and the art of....'

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Back in Skaudai sector

Postby thebs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 am

Back in Skaudai sector, just landed at Sacaqawea Space Port in Skaudai CH-B d14-34. Took a very indirect route from the bubble, and hit several POI:
- https://www.edsm.net/en/user/travel-map ... cmdr/TheBS

I'm still just a Pioneer, up to 55% towards Elite Exploration. Looks like I won't make it to Elite before I get to Colonia. But I'll keep on scanning all the way.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby charlie2alpha » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Bad luck today. Was a doing a mission for OoM and was unware of the Skimmer ramming bug as I haven't been active during summer. Result: my Cutter destroyed and payed 20mils rebuy. Support ticked filed, this is ridiculous.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Currently trying to get the last rank level in Fed and Empire Space. This way, if I get killed by the Bugs, which ever side survives (cause one of them is going to start the war, we all know that), give me a full Military or Monarchy burial.

59% more to get to King, and 38 to Admiral. Oh and in case its the Alliance, I am a Staunch Ally. And if no one survives, I have a few anarchy system friends that will shoot my dust into space.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

Loriath wrote:Currently trying to get the last rank level in Fed and Empire Space. This way, if I get killed by the Bugs, which ever side survives (cause one of them is going to start the war, we all know that), give me a full Military or Monarchy burial.

59% more to get to King, and 38 to Admiral. Oh and in case its the Alliance, I am a Staunch Ally. And if no one survives, I have a few anarchy system friends that will shoot my dust into space.

Kharma is having his sock shot into space, that'll learn em.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 am

*Al* wrote:
Loriath wrote:Currently trying to get the last rank level in Fed and Empire Space. This way, if I get killed by the Bugs, which ever side survives (cause one of them is going to start the war, we all know that), give me a full Military or Monarchy burial.

Kharma is having his sock shot into space, that'll learn em.

We need to intercept that, or we will get Kharma\Thargoid hybrids..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Doing very little in the game right now apart from the odd hour if I am lucky, due to a medical emergency. Have I broke my arm or leg? No, I have a boil on the butt :D but its in the perfect position to cause maximum discomfort when sitting. Please no one tell me I can play standing up. I was bounty hunting for oom this morning, and I am the type who detests going back to the station until I have exhausted my ammunition. I often curse my ammunition running out but this morning I was praying for it. I played a good 50% of the time standing up and trust me, it totally spoils the effect.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:Bad luck today. Was a doing a mission for OoM and was unware of the Skimmer ramming bug as I haven't been active during summer. Result: my Cutter destroyed and payed 20mils rebuy. Support ticked filed, this is ridiculous.

Did some bounty hunting at Azrael 6's High Rez and cashed in about 10mil. Also just got a reply from FDev's support, I got refunded and my bounty was cancelled regarding that encounter with the Skimmer and my Cutter. I think I'll avoid going down to planetary installations of any kind for now until 2.4 is out. Not many days to go after all.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:Did some bounty hunting at Azrael 6's High Rez and cashed in about 10mil. Also just got a reply from FDev's support, I got refunded and my bounty was cancelled regarding that encounter with the Skimmer and my Cutter. I think I'll avoid going down to planetary installations of any kind for now until 2.4 is out. Not many days to go after all.

Lost my Python about 3 weeks ago to same issue. They fall from the sky as you approach and if you hit them, dead. Oh well. I knew it was a reported bug but didn't contact support. Now I approach, get my pad assigned, then move out and come in low and slow till I see them on the ground. It adds about 30 seconds to the landing, no big deal, but still a pain in the arse.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Mr_McBride
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mr_McBride

Postby Mr_McBride » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

I approach the planetary bases from a low altitude, horizontally from assigned landing pad. I slow to a craw about 2.5km away and watch for the skimmer rain. Once they are on the ground i proceed in to land. Very easy to do and I've never been hit by one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”