Friends call me pargy

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Pembroke » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Bigmaec wrote:I finally grinded enough and got me that sweet sweet Cutter (named MCGrindisover :D)... Yeah

How did you do this? I have not found a place that is truly good for grinding empire.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 am

I've taken time off grinding Combat rank (now at Dangerous + 88% toward Deadly) to come home and help the Order with defend itself.

This isn't exactly the best Corvette build, but it still makes PvE bounty hunting in a Haz-RES almost easy. It's only partially engineering, with focus on the things that were important to me:
* 7A Thrusters with G5 DDT
* 7C Bi-Weave shields with Thermal Resistance
* 8B PP (can't afford 8A and 8C not enough) Overcharged
* 8A Distributor, Weapon Focused
* 2x 4A Pulse, gimballed, Long Range
* 2x 1G Burst Turrets, Rapid Fire
* 2x 2B Rail Guns, fixed, Lightweight
* 3C Multi-Cannon, gimballed, OC + Corrosive

The most important thing, though, seems to be the fighter. This is the first time I've used one. My crewperson, Izabella Potter, is now up to Master. With her on my wing, I haven't found any individual NPC ship to be a challenge (although I haven't seen an NPC Corvette). I've only taken damage when I've tried to handle a wing of 3 high-ranked large ships.

I had also never previously used turrets. Having those guns put constant pressure on a target while I turn this thing also seems to help a good bit.

It's nice to have the NPC crew talking to me. It makes the ship seem less empty. I do wish that she would appear on the bridge, though.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Bigmaec
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BigMaec

Postby Bigmaec » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Pembroke wrote:
Bigmaec wrote:I finally grinded enough and got me that sweet sweet Cutter (named MCGrindisover :D)... Yeah

How did you do this? I have not found a place that is truly good for grinding empire.

Best I found was Hickam Survey/Ngalinn to Mies van der Rohes Claim/Mainani running Data Missions and donations.

wooleyx64
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: wooley-x64

Postby wooleyx64 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm

I am working on BH for the current Alliance CG. Rolling in my FDL trying to survive Haz RES sites in and around the CG system. (I am a terrible combat pilot) I figured if I keep at it I might make some money as well as advance my combat rank. I still need to unlock some more engineers. (22% into master)

I am currently in California Sector HR-W d1-28

Update: I am now just doing exploring to gain back some money...I was leaving Ford Research Lab in my conda, with the plans to hit the CG system and turn in some well earned BH vouchers. (I do not remember how many million lol) In my haste and in the wonderful mechanic I attempted to Hyperspace jump off the planets surface to save myself a few minutes of being mass locked again by jumping into supercruise...HORRENDOUS MISTAKE.

This planet has a massive gravity force, which caused my ship to wobble so much that FSD would not engage. I tried to boost to straighten er out...Next thing I know without warning I am slammed onto the planets surface. 10mil rebuy and however many mill lost for the CG...Oh well

The saddest part of this game is that the combat is not as dangerous as the mechanics of being allowed to hyperspace jump off the planets surface. I asked once on the fdev forums why it is that you can break mass lock at 2km+ but once your in supercruise again your mass locked for what seems like forever? I was honestly curious how the FSD can overcome the planets gravity so close to a large mass...but not a little bit further away from the planets mass moving at a much faster velocity. PPL said to save time...I don't think I saved any time...Let this be a warning to others to be weary of hyperspace jumping directly off the face of a very large rock with big Gs. :(

-Wooley-x64

Polynomial-C
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Polynomial-C

Postby Polynomial-C » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 am

Had a nice little holiday at Mitterand Hollow and Jackson's Lighthouse, had to see what it was about. Now it's back to the old bounty hunts and serving my illustrious Emperor :lol:

Happy 3304 to all commanders!

NIVEUS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: NIVEUS
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby NIVEUS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 am

Road trip lol

LHS 278 to Ratraii in an eagle
~FRIENDSHIP DRIVE CHARGING.....

mxpower76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mxpower76

Postby mxpower76 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Bigmaec wrote:
Pembroke wrote:

Best I found was Hickam Survey/Ngalinn to Mies van der Rohes Claim/Mainani running Data Missions and donations.

I just finished this run myself. Talk about a painful & expensive grind. According to my logs it took about 7hrs and almost 200mil to go from Baron to Duke. And I was avoiding the 1mil donations for the first few ranks. But I'm glad it's done. I'm Lieutenant for the Feds but I don't think I'm going to grind like this for a little while. :roll:

Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown

Postby Renown » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:43 pm

Empire data missions, Achenar, Bell Terminal if you have the permit. There are 7 Empire factions all providing data missions to the neighbouring systems.

4 factions in boom - https://inara.cz/galaxy-starsystem/983/ the others are internal data mission delivery

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm

18K ly left to go until I'm back in Azrael
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”