Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sylveria
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sylveria
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Sylveria » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Finally prepared and ready to take my long awaited journey to Eta Carinae...

Only real debate I had was whether I wanted to use my Asp Explorer or DB Explorer. Was a tough decision, but ultimately came down to speed/utility in making the journey. I decided that the view from the Asp was also more worthwhile. The cockpit of the DBX leaves a lot to be desired in views.

Taking my time, soaking in the views and exploring the stars/planets in between. Can't wait to see it up close!
"It's not you... it's me. I just need my space."

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby pargyrak » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Bought, outfitted and engineered a Guship for Thargoid defense. Just to be ready
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:50 pm

pargyrak wrote:Bought, outfitted and engineered a Guship for Thargoid defense. Just to be ready

Same, but going to 'hold fire' for the moment, after seeing the FX17 video I wonder if there is going to be two groups of 'Goids and maybe, just maybe, we haven't seen the real enemy yet.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Xebeth wrote:
pargyrak wrote:Bought, outfitted and engineered a Guship for Thargoid defense. Just to be ready

Same, but going to 'hold fire' for the moment, after seeing the FX17 video I wonder if there is going to be two groups of 'Goids and maybe, just maybe, we haven't seen the real enemy yet.

Has it been hinted at that killing thargoids could affect your future standing with them?

If so, that'd be awesome. E:D having a 3.x expansion that's focused on xeno piloting would be mind blowingly cool.

On topic: Doing nothing in game, as hand is still fubar and I can't hold the stick for longer than a few minutes. Maybe I'll be back in next year.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Xebeth wrote:

Stored mine at Raffs. If the goids appear near our domain I will take out OMS Sarissa for a spin :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 am

Darr Valen wrote:
Xebeth wrote:

Has it been hinted at that killing thargoids could affect your future standing with them?

If so, that'd be awesome. E:D having a 3.x expansion that's focused on xeno piloting would be mind blowingly cool.

Well, after I got hyperdicted in 2.4, there was a new section in my statistics panel:
stats.png
stats.png (126.15 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

I had dropped into NHSS before without this showing up, looks it needed the hyperdiction. The numbers have been decoded already, the time is a Unix style timestamp (seconds since 1.1.1970 00:00 UTC), the "last seen" number is the in-game ID64 of the star system in question. The value shown here equals Merope.

However, what worries me more is the display from another commander who has killed a Thargoid:
stats2.png
stats2.png (73.94 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

Note the Thargoid Imprint line... Karma system v0.1?

Since I find the whole storyline and FDev's rather heavy-handed approach of ramming it down our throats quite off-putting, I am currently moving my fleet out of the Pleiades back into the bubble. I am not 100% sure if I am going to use one of the asteroid bases, Diaguandri, or Alioth as my main base. The asteroid bases are cool, Diaguandri has good outfitting at LYR rates, and from what we have seen at the expo, the Alliance might become interesting.

Darr Valen wrote:On topic: Doing nothing in game, as hand is still fubar and I can't hold the stick for longer than a few minutes. Maybe I'll be back in next year.

Ouch, best wishes for your recovery.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Cometborne wrote:However, what worries me more is the display from another commander who has killed a Thargoid:
stats2.png

That is interesting! I wonder if giving Meta-alloys will remove that imprint? Like a balancing effect.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Making 70m+ per bulk economy passenger runs, single jump station 480k from star. Two billion profit made since 2.4.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Trinity Star wrote:Making 70m+ per bulk economy passenger runs, single jump station 480k from star. Two billion profit made since 2.4.

And people are complaining that all the ways to make money are gone, nicely done there :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Cometborne wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:
Xebeth wrote:

Well, after I got hyperdicted in 2.4, there was a new section in my statistics panel:
stats.png

I had dropped into NHSS before without this showing up, looks it needed the hyperdiction. The numbers have been decoded already, the time is a Unix style timestamp (seconds since 1.1.1970 00:00 UTC), the "last seen" number is the in-game ID64 of the star system in question. The value shown here equals Merope.

However, what worries me more is the display from another commander who has killed a Thargoid:
stats2.png

Since I find the whole storyline and FDev's rather heavy-handed approach of ramming it down our throats quite off-putting, I am currently moving my fleet out of the Pleiades back into the bubble. I am not 100% sure if I am going to use one of the asteroid bases, Diaguandri, or Alioth as my main base. The asteroid bases are cool, Diaguandri has good outfitting at LYR rates, and from what we have seen at the expo, the Alliance might become interesting.

Darr Valen wrote:On topic: Doing nothing in game, as hand is still fubar and I can't hold the stick for longer than a few minutes. Maybe I'll be back in next year.

Ouch, best wishes for your recovery.

Oddly mine doesn't show any of the time stamps, I wonder if it's ship specific

Screenshot_0340.jpg
Screenshot_0340.jpg (105.89 KiB) Viewed 2247 times

Return to “General Discussion”