JamdJedi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: JamdJedi
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JamdJedi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:31 pm

raorn wrote:
JamdJedi wrote:mission running, unlocking Engineers on my pimped out AspX or just pew-pewing on my Viper III. I need to make 30+ jumps to get the engineered thrusters for my Viper :|
Don't forget to pin blueprint at Palin. Then you can apply special effect at Farseer and then remotely upgrade to G5.

thanks!!!

ok me being the n00b what is Farseer ? I'm currently working out of Sol-since I've just unlocked. I pinned my 2nd unlock but will have to jump to her so I can pinn tier 2 once that opens (one more). So when I jump to the pew pew Engineer I will pin the available blueprint. Do I just randomly upgrade my current gear simply to get them all to 5? Then once 5 I go 'all in'?? I'm targeting Engineering a FDL but thats still a waaaays off.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn

Postby raorn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:23 pm

JamdJedi wrote:ok me being the n00b what is Farseer ?

It's "who", not "what". Felicity Farseer is an engineer, she can do G5 upgades on FSD, G3 upgrades on Thrusters and G1 upgrades on Power Plant. It is worth unlocking her in the first place, so you fly around with FSD engineered for best range.

Now, as you already unlocking Palin, be sure to get to Level 5 reputation with him by doing upgrades. You need to perform 3 grade N rolls to get to level N+1, so just do 3 rolls in each grade while you upgrade your first Thrusters (and don't forget to apply special effect). Next, pin your favorite blueprint. You'll definitely want Dirty Drives. Now you can return to the Bubble with your G5 DD Thrusters (+Drag Drives). From now on you can apply Ditry Drives upgrade to any unmodified Thrusters at Remote Workchop facility.

To apply special effect you may upgrade your trusters, but don't go above G3. Go to Farseer and apply preffered special effect. Then you may continue using Remote workshop to upgrade Thrusters to G5 keeping special effect.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby blazingmaniac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:15 am

Killing bugs and making cash (not from killing bugs particularly ) but sure feels good when they howl and die. Trying different load outs and ships.
Happy to wing up with folk to bring more pain to the goids. Give me a shout in game.

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos

Postby Edddelos » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 am

Out exploring in the lagoon nebula, fun, fun, fun.

Piloting my jumpa-conda Starscream, when I named the ship I had totally forgotten about said name, totally awares.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn

Postby raorn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am

This week I'll be hanging out in Svaroo 1 HazRES doing CG bounty hunt in my Chieftan. Everyone is welcome to join.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm

For any people new to the game......Set a base at some point and don't flit around.....

It really does pay to work the system and any adjoining systems with the same factions.....

Two missions I took tonight....(Not played all week...Coz RL sucks.....But it's Friday had a beer and thought fuck it...Keep my hand in.....)

Also the reason why wing missions are utterly and completely bollocks...........

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

One jump each mission.....

Now pass me another beer......Unless anyone want's to discus GLN's and GS1

Nah scrub that.......I've just about had a fecking nuff.............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Ajax 5
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ajax 5

Postby Ajax 5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 am

I finally got around to unlocking my last engineer Lori Jameson, 56 total jumps @4t / trip... if we had space legs i would of jumped out of the mail slot.

Fully engineered my Beluga (i bought on a whim ((42ly)) and probably push for explorer rank with some sightseeing missions out of Cubeo.

STOP shooting me !!

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Also the reason why wing missions are utterly and completely bollocks...........

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

One jump each mission.....

Wish i had that kind of offers... best cargo runs i stumbled upon were never over 2mil. More often than none under a mil, even with full rep on the faction.

Only massacre missions get that high, but with stupid amount of kills like "Kill 175 pirates in said system"

You are trade elite?

Effnaught
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Effnaught
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Effnaught » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm getting one jump PAX missions in the OoM area earning over 5M. Trade Elite, Cutter and about 60 first class seats, made about 60M last night :)

Return to “General Discussion”