Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Tifu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:50 am

wilderness wrote:Docked at Gnosis waiting for the jump, doing some exploration / planet resource collection.

Hope the jump goes well, luckily you don't have to worry about griefers on this side of ED.

unranked
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akemi Homura

Postby unranked » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Tifu wrote:Melted my beloved Sidey in order to finally get an Asp Explorer near Cubeo. Had completely forgotten that the golden skin was tranferable to other ships :P So here's a shot of my new golden trading/exploration vessel - just in time for the incoming exploration improvements slated for Q4.

Gosh, that is a wonderful looking ship there! Which paintjob pack it is if you don't mind?

I've got my first AspX yesterday morning, started an "alternate" RtR (from zero to hero), engineered the ship a bit, did some flying around, now I'm sitting at the E-something Blue Mafia's outpost, just unlocked Liz Ryder earlier today.
I love the Asp, it's a really neat looking ship, and it feels great to own one! I especially love that sweet, sweet 6A fuel scoop. By the time I've done my honk the fueltank is almost full, it's awesome!

JazHaz
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: JazHaz

Postby JazHaz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Fighting for The Order of Mobius against the SDC coalition trying to take over our last system of Ling Deti.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Cmdr JazHaz
aka James Haslam

Founder Pilots Association,

Only flying a Krait Mk.II these days.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 am

unranked wrote:
Tifu wrote:Melted my beloved Sidey in order to finally get an Asp Explorer near Cubeo. Had completely forgotten that the golden skin was tranferable to other ships :P So here's a shot of my new golden trading/exploration vessel - just in time for the incoming exploration improvements slated for Q4.

Gosh, that is a wonderful looking ship there! Which paintjob pack it is if you don't mind?

I've got my first AspX yesterday morning, started an "alternate" RtR (from zero to hero), engineered the ship a bit, did some flying around, now I'm sitting at the E-something Blue Mafia's outpost, just unlocked Liz Ryder earlier today.
I love the Asp, it's a really neat looking ship, and it feels great to own one! I especially love that sweet, sweet 6A fuel scoop. By the time I've done my honk the fueltank is almost full, it's awesome!

It was an early limited gold paint job released way back in 2016 alas. I searched the Frontier's store for something equivalent or at least close to it for the AspX but couldn't find any :(

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230150

Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Renown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

There are 2 gold skins, one called Golden and one called Gold. If you had the first you were gifted the update (at least I was). It was part of the Horizons pre-order before they rejigged their release. Although for me it's only for the Asp Explorer.

note about it here - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230150

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 am

Any store bought customisation or paint job is applicable to any suitable active ship.

Granted I can't use my viper mk3 paint job on a mk4, but if I have 334 mk3's stashed around they could all be draped in the same puke purple colour if I wanted.
Same with bobble heads, decal's weapon\engine colours etc.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Tifu wrote:
Sound good - let me know when you get back :) Hopefully I have my Asp better equipped by then. Cubeo is where I have ships too for now.

Weeeelll.... calling "Explorers" to a Thargoid battle.... grrrrreaaaat idea, coooolsies....
Well Tifu, looks like I'll be heading back for Cubeo tonight, since the whole Gnosis ride thingy went to shit -.-
Maybe I should just join the Thargoids and start kicking the ship with them, hehe.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

unranked
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akemi Homura

Postby unranked » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Tifu wrote:It was an early limited gold paint job released way back in 2016 alas. I searched the Frontier's store for something equivalent or at least close to it for the AspX but couldn't find any :(

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230150

That's a shame...

Renown wrote:There are 2 gold skins, one called Golden and one called Gold. If you had the first you were gifted the update (at least I was). It was part of the Horizons pre-order before they rejigged their release. Although for me it's only for the Asp Explorer.

note about it here - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230150

I missed that one pretty badly... Curiously though, I got the Horus pack yesterday, I skimmed over the gold skin for whatever reason...

TorTorden wrote:Any store bought customisation or paint job is applicable to any suitable active ship.

Huh, I thought the ship specific paint jobs only applied to that specific ship, for example if I buy a skin for the iCourier it would only apply to that one.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm

That's what he meant by "Suitable"........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 am

The Murphy wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Sound good - let me know when you get back :) Hopefully I have my Asp better equipped by then. Cubeo is where I have ships too for now.

Weeeelll.... calling "Explorers" to a Thargoid battle.... grrrrreaaaat idea, coooolsies....
Well Tifu, looks like I'll be heading back for Cubeo tonight, since the whole Gnosis ride thingy went to shit -.-
Maybe I should just join the Thargoids and start kicking the ship with them, hehe.

Yeah, I read about that fiasco. Was actually considering grinding for the Guardian FSD booster just in case there was a call for a rescue mission on this side of Mobius. Going to check out the Ling Deti area and if nothing exciting is going on may move to Cubeo soon.

Return to “General Discussion”