TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:24 am

Rylo Ken wrote:OH.MY.WORD!!
So.... Spent the afternoon/evening finishing off the Sirius grind. Finally got 'em to allied. Got the permit and flew straight to Sirius. Got the Qwent engineer mission straightaway. Completed the mission. Flew out to Wu Guinagi and ran some data missions for about an hour until I had 25 (28) Mod Terminals (got all 25 in about 50 minutes actually). Unlocked Qwent and spammed him with G1 rolls until I got the Palin and Jameson messages.

Palin requires 5k LY from start... meh.
No biggie, I'll unlock Jameson. I need her for various things. Oh... My.... her system is permitted. Performs googlefu to find out how to get the permit. YOU.HAVE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME!!!! Have to be ELITE in something. So I have 2 1/2 months of play time in the game. I AM 28% deadly for combat and 22% pioneer for exploration. Not even close in trade.

The grind is real, y'all.

RK

I think you are greatly overestimating the usefulness for Lori Jamesons mods.
Scanner mods are pretty useless.
Who cares about a long range KW scanner when it takes a month to finish.
Sure a fast kw sounds nice but it becomes so myopic using it on a corvette or conda means having to balance the target ON your nose before it can scan.

If you grind for elite because of Lori Jameson, you will be more disappointed.
Bill Turner has most of the same mods so why bother?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am

o7MJ wrote:
DarkMere wrote:So my way of thinking became Master Federal Drop Ship > Deadly Eagle and the likes, couldn't be more wrong. Maybe that was the right way before but sure isn't anymore.

The root cause of the confusion is probably that both trade and exploration elite boil down to how much money you made in terms of trade profits and exploration data. If you look at the discussion section of the Wiki page for the combat rank, you will find quite a few arguments if you need X or Y million credits in bounties to reach combat rank $whatever. So it seems that people simply assumed that there is a similar relation for combat, which is not the case: You get rank increases even if you do not get a bounty voucher, and promotions are awarded immediately after the kill, not when you cash in your bounties.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Rylo Ken » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 pm

TorTorden wrote:
Rylo Ken wrote:OH.MY.WORD!!
So.... Spent the afternoon/evening finishing off the Sirius grind. Finally got 'em to allied. Got the permit and flew straight to Sirius. Got the Qwent engineer mission straightaway. Completed the mission. Flew out to Wu Guinagi and ran some data missions for about an hour until I had 25 (28) Mod Terminals (got all 25 in about 50 minutes actually). Unlocked Qwent and spammed him with G1 rolls until I got the Palin and Jameson messages.

Palin requires 5k LY from start... meh.
No biggie, I'll unlock Jameson. I need her for various things. Oh... My.... her system is permitted. Performs googlefu to find out how to get the permit. YOU.HAVE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME!!!! Have to be ELITE in something. So I have 2 1/2 months of play time in the game. I AM 28% deadly for combat and 22% pioneer for exploration. Not even close in trade.

The grind is real, y'all.

RK

I think you are greatly overestimating the usefulness for Lori Jamesons mods.
Scanner mods are pretty useless.
Who cares about a long range KW scanner when it takes a month to finish.
Sure a fast kw sounds nice but it becomes so myopic using it on a corvette or conda means having to balance the target ON your nose before it can scan.

If you grind for elite because of Lori Jameson, you will be more disappointed.
Bill Turner has most of the same mods so why bother?

I dunno, Tor. Lori has a couple of mods that Turner doesn't. G4 lightweight life support. G3 Specialized SCB. Hadn't even really considered the fast scan stuff.

Not saying those are anything special. Just facts. I want to have ALL the engineers unlocked and ready so I can get all this grindy stuff out of the way.

Elite status will happen when it happens. Palin gets unlocked as a priority.

RK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Mostly engineering new ships:

2nd Corvette: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/995/241709/
2nd Cutter: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/995/249100/

Flick Montana
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Flick Montana

Postby Flick Montana » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Right now, I'm unlocking engineers. I stopped playing right around when Horizons released (started up again because the Oculus Rift completely changed my opinion of E:D). I have a lot of catching up to do before the Thargoids show up. I'm having a lot of fun in my Anaconda, but I'd like to get to a Corvette soon. Rep grinding just reminds me so much of why I hated World of Warcraft sometimes...

Ready Eagle
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ready Eagle

Re: Medusa's Rock ...

Postby Ready Eagle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:23 pm

thebs wrote:
thebs wrote:I'm starting to use the logging and on-line tools, including finally uploading all of my logs to EDSM. which go back to 2016-June.
- https://www.edsm.net/en/user/travel-map ... cmdr/TheBS
thebs wrote:Finally got these in ... recommend 'em!
- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8021

Made it to Medusa's Rock. Going to check out Ky Cygni before heading back to Colonia ... although I'm going to stop and hit a couple of Nebula along the way. I'm 1/3rd of the way to Elite Exploration, so the trip should take me over the edge.

I am 1/3 the way to Elite Exploration also, I want to finish in the same ship I started in. I am back in my Sidewinder no mods and no shield... :P

Ready Eagle in the Tweet over and out...

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 pm

In between running Order missions I've re-engineered the iCourier to stop it overheating, bumming around interdicting wanted NPCs just for the hell of it. It's a nice change from the Vette killing machine. Need to test out the new engineering on the FDL next, then back to missions.
Very much in a holding pattern waiting for 2.4.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:43 am

Surveying the Pleiades Nebula looking for scan data and evidence of Thargoids.

Ranger Captain
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ranger Captain

Postby Ranger Captain » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 am

Having finally finished the Empire Rank grind and reached the rank of Duke for the Imperial Cutter, I am currently searching/mining for Painite to fully engineer and prepare my anaconda for combat and bounty hunting, oh and to also be prepared for the supposed/eventual Thargoid attacks.

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:10 am

Trinity Star wrote:Mostly engineering new ships:

2nd Corvette: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/995/241709/
2nd Cutter: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/995/249100/

Sweet! :applause: !
"See you, ... out there."