Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby uvelius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:24 am

I played with my Krait loadaouts for CZ/Rez PvE currently.
Add a Taipan with Beams to all loadouts, plus Guardian SRB, a Shield Cell for emergencies, and 2-3 SRB (your shields are MASSIVE that way, while your hull is paper-thin, NEVER let your shields drop or run!). Dirty Drives G5, stripped down overcharged PP. G5 Fast recharge Power Distributor.

A combination to train skill, but too slow if you want a good time/kill ration (but FUN! And even quite versatile in PvP ...):
Plasma Krait:
3x Class 3 Plasma Acc, Grade 5 Efficient/Focused or similar
2x Rails, Grade 5 Cascade, Superpen

Easygoing variants:

Highly efficient PvE combo:
3x Class 3 Beams, 2x G3 Efficient, 1x G3 Long Range Thermal Vent
2x Class 2 Multis, Corrosive plus something of your choosing
All gimballed.

Same without ammunition issues:
3x Class 3 Beams, 2x G3 Efficient, 1x G3 Long Range Thermal Vent
1x Class 2 Beam
1x Class 2 Multi, G5 Corrosive
All gimballed.

You can fire the Beams indefinitely without heat issues, 1 Pip in Shields and 1 in Engines is enough so you have 4 for Weaps. You'll ust have to pause for a second now and then to let the guns themselves cool off.
Bukld 3 Corrosive Multi is only used until the corrosive effect bites (and again when it has worn off), you'll stay in the game much longer that way.

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby SCE2AUX » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:33 am

I’ve learned the only ways I enjoy making money are Robigo-Sothis runs and bounty hunting. My windows to play are typically short. So I basically get bored playing bus driver and leave my home station of Hauser’s Reach and go the couple seconds over to the RES right near the station and bounty hunt until I’m out of ammo or in big trouble etc. Then rinse repeat. I know Robigo Mines is “quicker” for the passenger stuff but with the bounty hunting I enjoy the quick flight times. Especially if the cockpit glass is compromised. Literally just several seconds and I’m parking.

Just lately I decided to give the FDL a shot. What a ship! So I’ve been going around the bubble upgrading, bounty hunting, and engineering my way until I’m happy with it for now. Then I’ll get in my DBX and jam back to Robigo and just pay the mafia rate to have the FDL shipped back. I’m impatient and like I said not a ton of time.

If anyone wants to bounty hunt near Hauser’s Reach just add me and come on by.

Oh and I just recently got the Guardian FSD booster and I am so glad I did. What a giant time saver. Do we have any youtubers on here? If so thanks, I watched tutorials a bunch of times. Especially D2ea and The Yamiks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Corvo Cardalis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Corvo Cardalis

Postby Corvo Cardalis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:42 am

I just finished outfitting and engineering my new Beluga! I gave it the Sheer Line 01 paint job, too:

Now I don't have to swap all my cargo bays and passenger cabins out of my Python depending on what I feel like hauling that session. :)
o7

-Corvo

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:44 am

SCE2AUX wrote:If anyone wants to bounty hunt near Hauser’s Reach just add me and come on by.

Been awhile since I have been out that way I may drop in to pick up some work. Current working the Vette in the Quince killing fields.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:47 am

Corvo Cardalis wrote:I just finished outfitting and engineering my new Beluga! I gave it the Sheer Line 01 paint job, too:

Now I don't have to swap all my cargo bays and passenger cabins out of my Python depending on what I feel like hauling that session. :)

Nice colours, slick ship, great view handles sweet. She is a whale of a time:)
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby SCE2AUX » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:41 am

Corvo Cardalis wrote:I just finished outfitting and engineering my new Beluga! I gave it the Sheer Line 01 paint job, too:

Very nice. I’ve been considering the same but I just blew most of my engineering materials and a ton of time to get my FDL where I want it.

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Corvo Cardalis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Corvo Cardalis

Postby Corvo Cardalis » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 am

SCE2AUX wrote:Very nice. I’ve been considering the same but I just blew most of my engineering materials and a ton of time to get my FDL where I want it.

Eh, I'm just using it for passengers, so I don't feel the need to get it ultra engineered. G4 increased range and mass manager on my 7A FSD, a few other upgrades but nothing else huge. Right now I'm getting about 32 LY maximum jump, which is fine with me.

My Mamba, on the other hand, is getting loads more engineering, so I understand wanting to get an FDL tuned just right.
o7

-Corvo

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby SCE2AUX » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:14 am

Corvo Cardalis wrote:
SCE2AUX wrote:Very nice. I’ve been considering the same but I just blew most of my engineering materials and a ton of time to get my FDL where I want it.

Eh, I'm just using it for passengers, so I don't feel the need to get it ultra engineered. G4 increased range and mass manager on my 7A FSD, a few other upgrades but nothing else huge. Right now I'm getting about 32 LY maximum jump, which is fine with me.

My Mamba, on the other hand, is getting loads more engineering, so I understand wanting to get an FDL tuned just right.

Im about to go bounty hunt the High RES outside Hauser’s Reach if anyone is so inclined to join in the fun.

Cant seem to get comms up but I’ll be able to do text chat. 07

Update: got back to Robigo from Deciat and had my FDL shipped in for time’s sake. Did some bounty hunting. Nice to be back home.

Skeffin_Amtikshaw_23
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Skeffin Amtikshaw

Postby Skeffin_Amtikshaw_23 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:51 pm

Taking Cmdr Sl33p3rs3rvic3's type 10 back from somewhere near the Mandala Nebula after he realised he hadn't actually been invited by any of the engineers in Colonia :oops:
Otherwise I'm looking forward to taking my nice pink Krait out for a spin around Mobia

Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine

Postby Engadine » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Decided to get myself a Guardian FSD Booster so have headed over to Synuefe NL-N c23-4 to source the required blueprint and components.

Never have been a great driver of the SRV and even worse at combat in it, certainly the latter hindered by the fact I never bothered to configure the keybindings properly :roll:

My first time around, the bindings were that bad in fact, that I recalled my ship and took care of the final four from the air :D

Think I'll be here a while doing the sourcing as those Sentinels are just a pain and having to get rid of them each time is a bore. Therefore I might as well grab as many blueprints as are needed for all the Guardian modules, which I think is 9?

Should anyone have any tips or advice they'd be most welcome.

o7

Return to “General Discussion”