Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Pembroke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:20 pm

decided to go look at one of the alien ship wrecks, but I guess I can't because they are underground? Blah.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Working on my Fed rank might as well max it out, then I may do Empire.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Ready to head back to Colonia

Postby thebs » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:47 am

thebs wrote:Palin is all done. I know a lot of you guys like it dirty, but I went clean drive level 5.

I'm now ready to head back to Colonia with a pretty beefy Anaconda, instead of lightweight.
Jump range is exactly 45.00ly in this configuration.

I think I'm going to engineer a few more components for a Vulture, in case I need one around Colonia. Can't do everything with an Anaconda round there I figure.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Pembroke wrote:decided to go look at one of the alien ship wrecks, but I guess I can't because they are underground? Blah.

That's the broken tourist beacon, land at the coordinates listed in the Wiki.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Thinking of jumping back to the bubble, and complete some tasks for gear and maybe a dropship.
Ive decided I do not like the Python or bigger ships. I see major grindage in my future :cry:

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:Thinking of jumping back to the bubble, and complete some tasks for gear and maybe a dropship.
Ive decided I do not like the Python or bigger ships. I see major grindage in my future :cry:

If you don't like the Python I'm not sure you'll like the Dropship, it's only marginally smaller 74x53x22 (vs. 88x58x18) but weighs more (580t vs. 350t), is slower and less manoeuvrable, has weaker shields, carries less cargo, and has less fire-power.

There's a reason the Python costs three times as much.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:Ive decided I do not like the Python or bigger ships. I see major grindage in my future :cry:

The Python is a lot of fun with engineering, but that brings some grindage to you :evil:
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Ready to head back to Colonia + cargo scooping in free-fall?

Postby thebs » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 pm

thebs wrote:
thebs wrote:Palin is all done. I know a lot of you guys like it dirty, but I went clean drive level 5.
I'm now ready to head back to Colonia with a pretty beefy Anaconda, instead of lightweight.
Jump range is exactly 45.00ly in this configuration.

I think I'm going to engineer a few more components for a Vulture, in case I need one around Colonia. Can't do everything with an Anaconda round there I figure.

Done with the grind ...

Vulture grinding is now done.

At some point in the future, I think I'll add a Diamondback Explorer. But for now, I have Large, Medium and Small.

At LTT 9864, pointed towards Skaudai ...

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks, but when I get back, I assume 2.3.10 will have hit. I'll be heading back out to Colonia at that time. Everything is parked at Geoffrey's Crash in LTT 9846.

The first neutron star is just under 1,500ly away, heading down another -800ly. This vector is heading towards Colonia, with a single stop at Sacaqwea Space Port, in the Skaudai sector.

It's almost exactly half-way (about 10,000ly) between Colonia and inhabited space. Both Sacaqwea and Colonia are below the galactic plane, hence why I took this route on the way back from Colonia. I took a far more indirect way on the way out the first time.

I'm also going to hit Skaude AA-A h294 after visiting Sacaqwea. It's back up towards the galactic plane, but I can take a quick detour.

Sometimes it's just best to enjoy the game, and not worry about the most efficient route.

Six (6) weeks of screenshots ...

I went ahead and uploaded forty-one (41) screenshots of all my exploits in May - June, and featured them on my Facebook Profile, so they are public.

One of weirdest things I did was low wake into an unidentified signal source (USS) near a planet, within orbit. Everything was in free fall, and I wish I would have started the video then and there. It was cool to see the wreckage falling from orbit, and not always staying together (slowly drifting apart). I couldn't manage to scoop anything in, and I wish I had some collector limpet drones, just to watch them struggle too.

Last edited by thebs on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Xebeth wrote:There's a reason the Python costs three times as much.

As is the case with many things in life.... you often get what you pay for. The Python is an amazing ship and worth every penny! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Ready Eagle
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ready Eagle

Postby Ready Eagle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm

yesterday I had this view over 3k light years above Coloina :)
the highest star my heavy engineered DBS could take me.
also now a new Pioneer with all that data :D
Attachments
top of universe above Colonia.jpg
top of universe above Colonia.jpg (139.39 KiB) Viewed 2142 times

Return to “General Discussion”