Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Cometborne wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Well that's Delphyne the Python all Engineered up for the moment (well until I unlock Broo and Didi), Lv5 DDs, Lv5 Thermal Res Shields, 3 x Lv5 Rapid fire Multis, Lv5 FSD, everything else at Lv3, efficient beams with vent.

How bad is the jitter on the multis? I have three large gimballed MC overcharged L5 (corrosive/2xincendiary), which make nice holes in shields and hulls, but the spin-up and reload times are annoying.

The jitter is fine, hardly notice it. The reload time is decreased using the rapid fire mod, and according to Coriolis the damage is slightly high on the rapid over the overcharged.

Oh, and because capacitor draw is reduced on both the multis and the beams, coupled with the vent special effect, I can fire almost constantly.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Cometborne wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Well that's Delphyne the Python all Engineered up for the moment (well until I unlock Broo and Didi), Lv5 DDs, Lv5 Thermal Res Shields, 3 x Lv5 Rapid fire Multis, Lv5 FSD, everything else at Lv3, efficient beams with vent.

How bad is the jitter on the multis? I have three large gimballed MC overcharged L5 (corrosive/2xincendiary), which make nice holes in shields and hulls, but the spin-up and reload times are annoying.

The jitter is fine, hardly notice it. The reload time is decreased using the rapid fire mod, and according to Coriolis the damage is slightly high on the rapid over the overcharged.

Seems I found my next engineering project. Thanks for the information

Xebeth wrote:, and because capacitor draw is reduced on both the multis and the beams, coupled with the vent special effect, I can fire almost constantly.

I have regen and concordant sequence on my beams, which is nice in a wing, but does give me some heat issues.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Cometborne wrote:I have regen and concordant sequence on my beams, which is nice in a wing, but does give me some heat issues.

This may sound silly, but why have both? You're costing yourself DPS.

I use one large beam with regen and it heals my wingmen quite quickly.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Cometborne wrote:
I have regen and concordant sequence on my beams, which is nice in a wing, but does give me some heat issues.

One of my recent alterations was buying a second set of class 4 fixed beams.
And go for efficient heat vent instead of my regens.

And the damage is definitely higher but the main feature is heat vent.
Even going full blast in a cz, if I'm hitting targets with the beams I rarely go over 50% heat unless I also go dry in wep capacitor.

They are my new mainstay now and as for the rest of the team.
They can sort themselves unless we go for something completely nuts, like see how many internal security ships we can kill before they get us again.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:31 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Cometborne wrote:I have regen and concordant sequence on my beams, which is nice in a wing, but does give me some heat issues.

This may sound silly, but why have both? You're costing yourself DPS.

I use one large beam with regen and it heals my wingmen quite quickly.

Initially, because I was not sure which one is better. Afterwards, because the synergy between the two is nice, especially since the regeneration sequence was nerfed recently: After being abused by the usual suspects, the healing effect is now reduced by the target's thermal resistance. As far as I can tell, concordant sequence still works as in 2.1.

On the DPS side, concordant sequence does not seem to have a DPS penalty, at least for the gimballed versions: test build with large and medium beams and test build with huge beams.

The beams on both ships are all g5 efficient, best roll. Experimental effects on the cutter are in this order from top to bottom, concord and regen on the large, no effect, thermal vent, concord, regen on the mediums. On the corvette, it's concord and regen. For all, regen has a DPS penalty, the others don't.

Time for some field testing during the NLTT war? Since I am currently grinding towards combat elite (32% to go), I converted my trade cutter to an aux warship by replacing the 6A shield with an 8A shield, I should just be able to fit the regen and concord medium beams on it.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Uploaded logs to EDSM ... and my return to HIP 3582 ...

Postby thebs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:09 am

I'm starting to use the logging and on-line tools, including finally uploading all of my logs to EDSM. which go back to 2016-June.
- https://www.edsm.net/en/user/travel-map ... cmdr/TheBS

That said, revisiting something I posted in this thread back on 2016-May-14 ...
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=598&p=61038&hilit=HIP+3582#p61038
thebs wrote:
thebs wrote:BTW, I also found 2 completely undiscovered systems on the way back, under 300ly out (from the nearest, full station), and sold those 2 (holding all other data for when he's on). In the case of one system, the system was worth closing in on 300K (over 400K w/first-discovery bonuses) in just planets alone! My very first Earth-like discovery, along with the entire system almost all being metallic cores, one with Nitrogen, another being an Amonia-Oxygen world. All added up very quickly ... just for that one system, another +13% towards Pathfinder for me just from that 1 system (yep, I'm way behind most of you'all).

Put a little video together. Yes, rather pathetic given most CMDRs these days have been to the core and discovered many Earth-likes. But still, so close and so missed, hence ...

"I declare these worlds in the name of Casual, Late-to-the-Party, D-List CMDRs and Gamers everywhere!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpgJSNpnGac

And yes, I really need to get an editing suite that does transitions and add some text. ;)

I'm still shocked no one had passed thru HIP 3582 and uploaded their logs to EDSM, as it's one of the closet systems to the bubble that has a natural Earth-like (virtually no terraforming needed). It was less than 500ly from Sol, previously under 300ly from the bubble when I discovered it in 2016-May of last year in my ~20ly Python, and now less than 200ly from the growing bubble.

So I've re-visited it (it only took 6 jumps in my Anaconda), so the log entries were added to EDSM, since my logs only started in 2016-June.
- https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/14382 ... e/HIP+3582

Took a screenshot of the system map for my notes at EDSM.

I wish I would have taken other screenshots in the past of the various systems (including a dual neutron star system with 4 water worlds), and put them to EDSM too. Oh well, better late starting than never.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Average jump distance: 66.47 ly

Postby thebs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Love this nugget of my profile on EDSM ...

Average jump distance: 66.47 ly

Neutron Star boost much? ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Currently taking a break from the combat elite grind because it has gotten too boring. As I needed a change of scenery anyway, I am now back in my old stomping grounds, the Pleiades sector. There are a lot of minor factions I am not allied with (yet), Professor Palin is handing out interesting missions if you dock at Obsidian Orbital with CRCR on board, and I have not seen quite a few of new starports and outposts in the area. Time to visit them before the Thargoids return.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 am

What kind of missions, Comet?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly