What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Myrm

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Myrm » Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 am

Feeling pretty stupid as I didn't realise you could select economical route or fast route when planning a journey. I was 31 jumps from Sol. Noticed the fast route option, clicked it and that 31 jump journey was reduced to 4 jumps.

:oops:

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun May 03, 2015 8:42 am

Myrm wrote:Feeling pretty stupid as I didn't realise you could select economical route or fast route when planning a journey. I was 31 jumps from Sol. Noticed the fast route option, clicked it and that 31 jump journey was reduced to 4 jumps.

Hey we all realize things that we missed in the game. Be glad, it saved you LOTS of money on Fuel. Oh Wait, they fixed that a while back. Well, you still have your Pride :)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Flip » Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 am

Don't forget that economical routes calculations will take into account the size of your fuel tank and the classes of the stars to make sure you don't run out of fuel on the way, but that won't be done for the fast routes. So when you use fast routes with a small jumper, make sure to check that.

Also, fast routes will increase the wear and damage on your ship more than economical ones, although that's not much of a problem when you have some money in the bank.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun May 03, 2015 9:20 am

Flip wrote:Also, fast routes will increase the wear and damage on your ship more than economical ones, although that's not much of a problem when you have some money in the bank.

Though it does make a difference when you are 100,000 ly from civilized space and your ship is starting to creak and groan just sitting still ;)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 03, 2015 9:45 am

I had an up and down day yesterday in my bounty hunting equipped Cobra (current value $7.1m) .....

The Good: I was promoted to the Combat Pilot rank of Competent. I'm glad to see that the Federation realizes that I can kill a squirrel or two. ;)

The Bad: Leaving a Coriolis Starport to do another round of RES bounty hunting, I was exiting quickly.... as usual..... but got distracted and slammed my Cobbie into the wall! :shock: For what it's worth.... I was close to the exit at least. :cry:

I sat there in disbelief, as I watched my pretty little killing machine blow up into a million bits. I went to slap myself for being stupid but the wife gave me a weird look, so I stopped. :roll: Thank God for insurance!! $$

Now we will resume our previously scheduled programming. Carry on, Commanders. :mrgreen:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Archer_McGinty
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Archer McGinty

Postby Archer_McGinty » Sun May 03, 2015 9:49 am

Re-rolled cause of a friend starting out and thought since I been playing this Cmdr since start of Beta I would re-roll for something different.

Decided my goals are,

I am not trading (other than possible Community Goal I may work on)
Bounty hunting and Exploring are my avenues of income this time around.

Funny thing though after my friend got the game and I assisted getting him underway, 2 weeks later he quit "Doesn't like the game" - So oh well its just me playing Newbie pilot once again, but I am actually having a blast, and truly its much easier this time around with the increases in bounty hunting etc.

Cya's in space Cmdr's :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun May 03, 2015 10:16 am

Gravespawn wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Been fighting the good fight for the little man in Quivira, only in the top 40% so far though.
Tried to take out an Elite Annie on my own and got my arse handed to me, managed to bail out before it was too late and my Wingman took him down in his FDL, cripes those things are fast.

That wingman being me... and it was not an Elite Anaconda that ship was actually being piloted by a CMDR but he was sided with Patreus' lackeys and the victory is ours both. You gave me my opening as i told you.

Hi there, was it, wow, could have sworn it was an Elite NPC, but then I was rapidly scrolling through targets and when I saw Anaconda the red mist took over :D

You are very kind, you saved my arse that day man ;)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Steel Talon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steel Talon

Postby Steel Talon » Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 am

Trying to capture some neat footage with the Debug Camera. I want put my love for this game and its future into a video, but its so hard to find ships flying in formation past your camera because they dodge when they or you come too close :/

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun May 03, 2015 10:41 am

Loriath wrote:
Myrm wrote:Feeling pretty stupid as I didn't realise you could select economical route or fast route when planning a journey. I was 31 jumps from Sol. Noticed the fast route option, clicked it and that 31 jump journey was reduced to 4 jumps.

Hey we all realize things that we missed in the game. Be glad, it saved you LOTS of money on Fuel. Oh Wait, they fixed that a while back. Well, you still have your Pride :)

Yes :D

It's like I also just noticed that some of the background features out there get closer as you travel through the star systems, like that red cloud thing and the butterfly looking Galaxy. I must fly round with my eyes closed :Mrgreen:

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 am

@Myrm , if you select jumps that are about half your max range yourself it also gives you economy on fuel use and wear and tear, for my Asp (jump range 30 ly ish) I select between 11 and 18 ly generally.

Fly safe :)

Return to “General Discussion”