TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:03 pm

tinnitus wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Don't know about a nerf. Just ran a total 10mil cr mission to a station 275ly from Azrael and about 275k ls from entry. Had some bounties to add to that number. Also, just ran a 1.4mil cr, delivery mission to Gula Wu from Azrael, station 175ls from entry.

So delivery missions seem to be back to some good paying stuff with 2.4.02. Maybe not as many missions on the board as when 2.4.0. But better payouts that 2.4.01.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Since 2.4 dropped been doing missions 60Ly with a 22000ls run to the planet for a bit over 7 million, sometimes you could stack a couple smaller contracts but today same run is 1.2 Million. Most of the Passengers runs are Wanted not that is a problem but so far 700k appears to be the average which is down almost half. I still have many places to check so that is why I said NERF after 3 Systems.

We had a bus route where before last patch paid over 1 million per passenger.
After patch it was barely 100k per head.
And missions per factions has gone from about 30 to 10.

This and the AX missiles blunder makes me call this last patch less of a nerf hammer. This was a nerf nuke.
And I'm absolutely certain they never intended to hit the AX missiles the way they did.
I'm sure they will buff it back up once they figure out what the hell happened.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm

TorTorden wrote:And I'm absolutely certain they never intended to hit the AX missiles the way they did.

I agree and maybe the people play testing are useless and they've underestimated how good some of the players can be :lol:

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Alaindelon wrote:Just started out trying to understand the game and earning some CR whilst doing it. heading out to the Mobius HQ once i am more settled in.

The image gallery in this thread is very helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7858

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:
TorTorden wrote:And I'm absolutely certain they never intended to hit the AX missiles the way they did.

I agree and maybe the people play testing are useless and they've underestimated how good some of the players can be :lol:

Well if their livestreams are anything to go by FD thinks an xbx controller is a top notch control instrument....

I'm not the best pilot, I'll admit to that but I managed to dodge most of the damage from the Daffodil, in the fdl with not too much effort.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:35 pm

On a side note.

I'm back in the RES sites now, nowhere near the profitability of days yonder but it's still about 4-5 million per restock.
And I'm seeing conda's range from 100k to almost 500k each.
Might also just be luck but the last few sessions I haven't been waiting around for targets much either.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Alaindelon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alaindelon

Postby Alaindelon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:
Alaindelon wrote:Just started out trying to understand the game and earning some CR whilst doing it. heading out to the Mobius HQ once i am more settled in.

The image gallery in this thread is very helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7858

Aye thanks, i had seen that one been a good help.

On a side note, did they recently changed the rewards for bounty?
I used to get around +150k, now its 800 >.<
Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm

TorTorden wrote:Well if their livestreams are anything to go by FD thinks an xbx controller is a top notch control instrument....

Dont get me started on the live streams, they are cringe! And you are so right, my dog can pilot better than them :lol:

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 pm

TorTorden wrote:
tinnitus wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Don't know about a nerf. Just ran a total 10mil cr mission to a station 275ly from Azrael and about 275k ls from entry. Had some bounties to add to that number. Also, just ran a 1.4mil cr, delivery mission to Gula Wu from Azrael, station 175ls from entry.

So delivery missions seem to be back to some good paying stuff with 2.4.02. Maybe not as many missions on the board as when 2.4.0. But better payouts that 2.4.01.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Since 2.4 dropped been doing missions 60Ly with a 22000ls run to the planet for a bit over 7 million, sometimes you could stack a couple smaller contracts but today same run is 1.2 Million. Most of the Passengers runs are Wanted not that is a problem but so far 700k appears to be the average which is down almost half. I still have many places to check so that is why I said NERF after 3 Systems.

We had a bus route where before last patch paid over 1 million per passenger.
After patch it was barely 100k per head.
And missions per factions has gone from about 30 to 10.

This and the AX missiles blunder makes me call this last patch less of a nerf hammer. This was a nerf nuke.
And I'm absolutely certain they never intended to hit the AX missiles the way they did.

Nerf nuke sounds about right. I had a little milk run that dropped down to 1.25 from 22 Mil. Not sure why we have been going down this bug path since May 2016. Anyway some say Elite is not about Credits - well it can become not about credits when you have enough to play your way. Sure you can enjoy Elite in a Sidewinder but for me I see the goal post and head for them.

Oh just failed a full stack. My fault entirely when my new PC parts arrived I stripped the guts from the old one popped then into a friends PC and started to build my Ryzen until Oops no CPU they forgot to ship it and I forgot to measure twice, cut once. Oh well back up today. The Geforce GTX 1080 is so sweet.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Well having finally finished fitting out the gunship for bug hunting, and changing out a couple of the missile racks for the new multis, I though I give it a run, but I guess it's shear awesomeness ;) has scared of the 'Goids, as I spent a good 20+ mins without seeing a single non-human signal source.

Oh well, war won, glad I could be of help :P
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:49 pm

I've been through a weird one.. the kind of actions where you just go "what just happened?"

Was in a black ops mission, having to kill a bunch of civilians.. scanning ships, interdicting and shooting.. boring as fuck but what the heck, i wanted to give it a try.
my 5 first targets were harmless to novice so it was a quick job.
The 6th one was a deadly Viper MKIV. I was in an imperial courrier (amongst other things, long range multicannons, eng shields and 2 shield boosters).

That fight was a bit longer but not really hard, just a bit of power management here and there. He was at 50% hull and i still had 1/3 of my shields. By then i had quite a big bounty in that system, and two system authority vipers arrived, but before they were able to shoot, i started hearing the canopy cracking noise, and just blew up.

I still had shields.. but poof..

Since i never do combat, i am not really aware of all the weapons upgrade. Is it possible that that viper had some sort of projectile tweak that was killing my modules? i can only see power plant damage to cause me to go off like that. He almost never had clear shots on me but he had what looked like a class 1 turreted multicannon that was tickling me.

Not a big deal really it was not painful to rebuy but i am really curious :p

Return to “General Discussion”