Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Passenger Transportation Missions

Postby tinnitus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Am I correct here? There are two flavors for Passengers Transport Missions, stack-able and non-stack-able, passengers in the same cabin - contracts that display "hostiles may be sent" are cabin stack-able the others are not. Yes you pick up a few extra small number of credits for those but the loss is empty seats. I assume that it is working as intended. One cost other than revenue lost is it takes more game, traveling, time sorting through the list and or waiting 5 minutes to get a new list. Cargo stuffs in nicely but not these Transportation missions. Why have it that way?
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: Passenger Transportation Missions

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm

tinnitus wrote:Am I correct here? There are two flavors for Passengers Transport Missions, stack-able and non-stack-able, passengers in the same cabin - contracts that display "hostiles may be sent" are cabin stack-able the others are not. Yes you pick up a few extra small number of credits for those but the loss is empty seats. I assume that it is working as intended. One cost other than revenue lost is it takes more game, traveling, time sorting through the list and or waiting 5 minutes to get a new list. Cargo stuffs in nicely but not these Transportation missions. Why have it that way?

I believe there are basically two types of passengers, bulk and VIP. The VIP ones have the little star on the mission logo, these guys will not share a cabin with anyone else. The bulk passengers will share cabins, but cannot be split across cabin types.

So basically if you stick a party of 5 VIPs in your 16 passenger class 6 business cabin you can't put anyone else in the remaining slots, this is basically because VIPs are dicks with over inflated egos and sense of self importance, however you could put two bulk parties of 8 in there.

You can split a single group of 16 bulk passengers across two 8 person business cabins, but not across an 8 business and an 8 economy.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Yup, what Xebeth said. ^^^^ :) Transport (stackable) PAX missions are the best, since you can get a few missions worth of people in one cabin.

Those dam VIP's think they're special, that's for sure. BTW, I never submit to their demands during the flight. Just don't "X" out of the message in the in-box and all is well.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 am

The only good thing about VIP transport missions is that they typically are rep+++. So if you are new to a system and need to grind rep with the local factions, concentrate on VIP missions to improve your standing. Once you are allied, switch to bulk passengers in Tokio subway rush hour mode.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 pm

192 economy cabins in a conda, last trip to a station 1.8m ls from the star made 137m.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Been doing the rares CG for something different. Nice to use a small ship for something like this for a change, especially when its a 54LY DBX

Trinity Star
Master
Master

Postby Trinity Star » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Made 4 runs on a new route total profit 636m, past 11billion credits.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Long time no see, for those whom it may concern.. o7 Been away from the game quite some time.

But yeah, I'm making my way back to Colonia from Sag A. Last time I was there I died before turning in the exploration data so maybe second time's the charm.

Although, situation seems a bit bleak as I finally caved in and got myself Horizons and of course while landing on some 2.5G planet I forgot to watch my speed/altitude and smacked right into the surface and hull integrity went from 98 to 11 in a blink of an eye :roll: Luckily all other systems remained unscathed. But I'm afraid the pesky pirates with their tricked out weapons will eat right through my shields and whatever hull I have left once I get to Colonia. Assuming they manage to interdict me and land some shots, that is.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Aw c'mon Swiss.. it ain't that difficult.. in fact, in many ways, avoiding pirates is very much like making love to a beautiful woman..

Always make them believe they are in control, submit, and let them go to town on you, and when they least suspect it, get behind, and ram em hard.. then run away as fast as you can without leaving your number.

Trinity Star
Master
Master

Postby Trinity Star » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 pm

776m profit today, nudging 12 billion credits.

Return to “General Discussion”