Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby thebs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Shaitan wrote:
thebs wrote:
Shaitan wrote:Does it make me a engineering geek to say i read all of Thebs post on environmental engineering and started googling for more info.. i lived in Florida my whole life as well and know exactly what he is talking about, did a lot of cave diving in the swiss cheese lower half of the state and totally believe that is true...

Miami's freshwater wells are draining, and the salt is slowly creeping in. It's a mess down there. But people are still buying. WTF?!

And then there's Lake Okeechobee. It always floods. But because people there don't want their homes to flood, the US Army Corps of Engineers diverts it ... and then, no sh--, algae blooms in the Ocean! The simple solution is to just let the darn thing flood ... like it naturally does! But nooooo ...

Sigh ... no one should be living south of Melbourne in the best case, Titusville far more recommended, Daytona most ideal.

Yeah I was born and raised in St Augustine on about the only part of the state that doesn't have karst at the surface. It is sad because people are pumping so much water out of the aquifer that salt water intrusion is becoming a big problem. I doubt it will be much longer before people are leaving when the fresh water turns to salt, but they all want the dream of a warm tropical home and don't see the issue coming. Before going into IT i was actually hoping to become a geologist or hydrologist because Florida is such an awesome case study for movement of water - but my ex wife threw a fit when i got accepted to UF and I ended up turning it down...she was jealous of all the hot girls there. Notice the ex - I should have just gone for it

There's where you went wrong ... UF Gators. ;)

CHARGE ON!!!

In all seriousness, UF does have a great programs around water and environmental management.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:03 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Cometborne wrote: Started doing missions for the Order of Mobius and random factions outside OoM' sphere of interest with it, focussing on missions that gave either exquisite focus crystals or modular terminals.

I haven't searched for them for about two months, but I've had good luck in the past getting EFC's from missions in Dvorsi (I'm allied with all the locals there).

Might be worth taking a look.

Took some time until RNG Jesus got the hint, but both EFC and MT are now flowing steadily from various random factions in a sphere of about 40 LY around Azrael. Already handed over a first batch to another CMDR who could not believe his luck, and already got another 12 in my hold. Nice pirate bait :evil:

Seriously: If anybody needs MT to unlock Qwent, ping me in game. I don't want anything for them, but you will have to come down to Azrael to pick them up. First come, first serve.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Needed some Cadmium.........

Found that and Arsenic and Yttrium.......

Epilson ceti A1....

Land in a large crater.....

If anyone is interested.....

And WTF is Discord doing asking me to verify I'm human by asking for my mobile number......

Not even the boss in work has got that......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Ready to head back to Colonia

Postby thebs » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 am

Palin is all done. I know a lot of you guys like it dirty, but I went clean drive level 5.

I'm now ready to head back to Colonia with a pretty beefy Anaconda, instead of lightweight.
Jump range is exactly 45.00ly in this configuration.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 am

*Al* wrote:
Loriath wrote:Just an excerpt from the "Canadian Operational Manual":

"Operational temperatures for your Canadian are between -40C and ++20C.

-Sent from my bathtub on my iPad while drinking beer. Deal with it.

Harking back to a 'live/deal with it' of yester year......

Dear heartless poster; I will try to remember your advise to 'Deal with it' when I grieve my (insert something/one that used to be very close to me completely unrelated to this forum or the game) who suffered (insert death, pain, disfigurement or other nasty stuff)).

Because you are a very bad unfeeling person, even though are not in anyway referring to the sad thing that happened to me, your comment is obviously specifically designed to be hurtful about you knew nothing about.

Kharma, pass the wipped cream....

Al.. I have the wooden spoon here.. :)

Shall I forward it now or wait a little longer.. ;)

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am

Was in the middle of doing a rares run (for a change of pace) when the Lave CG popped up, so as I was getting a bit bored anyway, I popped over there and dumped my rares, making it into the top 25%, which was nice
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Xebeth wrote:Was in the middle of doing a rares run (for a change of pace) when the Lave CG popped up, so as I was getting a bit bored anyway, I popped over there and dumped my rares, making it into the top 25%, which was nice

Horizons acquired; T6 preped up for planetary landing. 5 by 5!

My first time on a SRV. This will be fun!

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm

I built and fully engineered an FDL this week. Took it to the Haz-RES at Exioce this morning using the Vive for the first time. I had forgotten how much glass there is on the canopy of an FDL! :shock: OMG, it was AMAZING in the Vive! 8-) :D I had a ton of fun chasing ships around while being able to visually track them from many, many angles.

God I wish the Vette had a large canopy like that.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 pm

JohnLuke wrote:I built and fully engineered an FDL this week. Took it to the Haz-RES at Exioce this morning using the Vive for the first time. I had forgotten how much glass there is on the canopy of an FDL! :shock: OMG, it was AMAZING in the Vive! 8-) :D I had a ton of fun chasing ships around while being able to visually track them from many, many angles.

God I wish the Vette had a large canopy like that.

Good for dog fighting hem?!

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Pertanga
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pertanga McFeet

Postby Pertanga » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Mooching around the Sadr and surrounding systems.

Return to “General Discussion”