Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:42 pm

I've been rescuing the lambs from the burning stations and just made my way to the CG for side bounty hunting.
It's been a while but that's a job for tomorrow.

Polynomial-C
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Polynomial-C

Postby Polynomial-C » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 am

Being indifferent to the Thargoid attacks and just testing my new Imperial Hammers on pirates.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:31 am

Bought the OMS SARISSA, a T10. A-rated it, Engineered it (Only DD5 to go)
Bought the OMS MAKEDON, Anaconda class, is also ready to fight the Thargoids.

Bought a third Anaconda the OMS HARMLESS for two purposes:

1. To store the extra modules I have
2. To put modules then need to be engineered and jump from engineer to engineer to do so.

Prepped my Vette for the upcoming war in Njiri
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

Bought a T-10, Nautilus. A-Rated it and took it for a spin. The shields really suck. Did a round of combat against an Elite FAS and realized that either the T-10 sucks at combat or I’m not used to flying big ships that take awhile to turn. I have no problems with the Vette and Cutter though. Hmmm...

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am

Falcon_D wrote:Bought a T-10, Nautilus. A-Rated it and took it for a spin. The shields really suck. Did a round of combat against an Elite FAS and realized that either the T-10 sucks at combat or I’m not used to flying big ships that take awhile to turn. I have no problems with the Vette and Cutter though. Hmmm...

The shields are Class 6. Even A Rated they are barely enough to cover the mass. Fine if you want to run a shielded trader that will Boost Boost Jump, but if you are going to fight with it, then there is a Class 7 and better yet, an 8 available. A rated 8's will let me ram Big ships to death without loosing shields.

The FSD is undersized. Shields Undersized. Power Distributor Undersized. At least stock. The Distributor cannot be up rated to a larger size, so you better engineer it. Other than that, its a Beast. Oh and FA off is a required skill to turn a raging T10.

Last night 2 Hippos (T9 is the space cow, the T10 I call a Hippo because more people are killed by Hippos every year than by Lions :P ), an FDL and a Python entered the Haz Res. Lets just say that you didn't want to get between the Hippos and their target with the amount pounding they give and in case they decide to charge. We were watching Elite Pythons Vaporize, Clippers Popping, and Anacondas with confused looks on their face as they died with the same veracity as if I was in my Corvette.

Yes, smaller ships were the pests because Hippos are about as maneuverable as a Sloth who has smoked a couple grams and eaten 4 bags of Doritos, and in those times our Pilots in Fighters helped immensely. Having the FDL popping opening shots with a PA and the Python bringing guns to bear, it was carnage at the best.

I ran a all Rapid Fire Multis with no Specials, and 2 small Beams to strip shields. Tor was hammering with Packhounds, multis and I think Cannons. Not sure as everything was happening so fast in a slow ship. Best fun in a Goofy Ship in a Long Time.

Pro Tip: If in SC you miss the point to throttle back to 75% to reach a station and decide to do a loop (be it a pitch loop or a yaw loop, both are equally slow in SC) and you do NOT throttle back to 50% or so, you will NEVER EVER bring the station back into alignment. At 75% you will loop out there endlessly until all the T9's are home and back in the barn, you have starved to death, drank yourself to death, ran out of fuel, or the ship has disintegrated around you. I speak from Experience. It is not reffered to a "Victory Lap" in the Hippo, but a "Stampede".

I will say this, The most fun I have had battling in a LARGE ship in a VERY LONG time. Oh and it helps when your Python Buddy (DAWG!"!!!) brings cargo into the Haz Res!
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Loriath wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Bought a T-10, Nautilus. A-Rated it and took it for a spin. The shields really suck. Did a round of combat against an Elite FAS and realized that either the T-10 sucks at combat or I’m not used to flying big ships that take awhile to turn. I have no problems with the Vette and Cutter though. Hmmm...

The shields are Class 6. Even A Rated they are barely enough to cover the mass. Fine if you want to run a shielded trader that will Boost Boost Jump, but if you are going to fight with it, then there is a Class 7 and better yet, an 8 available. A rated 8's will let me ram Big ships to death without loosing shields.

The FSD is undersized. Shields Undersized. Power Distributor Undersized. At least stock. The Distributor cannot be up rated to a larger size, so you better engineer it. Other than that, its a Beast. Oh and FA off is a required skill to turn a raging T10.

Last night 2 Hippos (T9 is the space cow, the T10 I call a Hippo because more people are killed by Hippos every year than by Lions :P ), an FDL and a Python entered the Haz Res. Lets just say that you didn't want to get between the Hippos and their target with the amount pounding they give and in case they decide to charge. We were watching Elite Pythons Vaporize, Clippers Popping, and Anacondas with confused looks on their face as they died with the same veracity as if I was in my Corvette.

Yes, smaller ships were the pests because Hippos are about as maneuverable as a Sloth who has smoked a couple grams and eaten 4 bags of Doritos, and in those times our Pilots in Fighters helped immensely. Having the FDL popping opening shots with a PA and the Python bringing guns to bear, it was carnage at the best.

I ran a all Rapid Fire Multis with no Specials, and 2 small Beams to strip shields. Tor was hammering with Packhounds, multis and I think Cannons. Not sure as everything was happening so fast in a slow ship. Best fun in a Goofy Ship in a Long Time.

Pro Tip: If in SC you miss the point to throttle back to 75% to reach a station and decide to do a loop (be it a pitch loop or a yaw loop, both are equally slow in SC) and you do NOT throttle back to 50% or so, you will NEVER EVER bring the station back into alignment. At 75% you will loop out there endlessly until all the T9's are home and back in the barn, you have starved to death, drank yourself to death, ran out of fuel, or the ship has disintegrated around you. I speak from Experience. It is not reffered to a "Victory Lap" in the Hippo, but a "Stampede".

I will say this, The most fun I have had battling in a LARGE ship in a VERY LONG time. Oh and it helps when your Python Buddy (DAWG!"!!!) brings cargo into the Haz Res!

Was comparing a 7A to a 6A for shields. Decided to stick with the 6As. Both still suck. Haven’t fitted an 8A yet. Want to be able to do some cargo runs. Currently running turreted bursts, gimballed beams, gimballed multis and 2 small gimballed canons. The weapons are all engineered except for the canons. But the rest of the ship is not engineered.
Have the FA-off thing down. And found out about the SC thing just recently trying to land at Raffs.
Will fly and mod the T-10 again after the war. Now it’s my fullly engineered Vette and Python.

Oh and a C3 efficient PAC under the cockpit.

Bigmaec
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BigMaec

Postby Bigmaec » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Did a-rate and engineer my T-10 "McHauler" and am now cargo hauling to Klimuk for the CG. Planning to get an reduced FDS and FAS for later engineering. It's quite nice there... some people around. Got my Vulture there, too, for some bounty hunting fun.

o7

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 pm

I am going to slap Dawg........

And I don't mean in game..........

I am going to drive/fly/train it up there.......

And fecking slap him..........

That's all I'll say.............

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:36 am

Just made it to rear admiral tonight, and started engineering that Corvette... The grind is real.. i need sleep... lots of it.

Davlin Nyx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Davlin Nyx

Postby Davlin Nyx » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:55 am

Currently I'm in the Maia system doing missions that Engineer Palin gives once you dock with Obsidian Station. They pay well between 5m-23m credits. Its a simple mission asking for Thargoid materials like Bio matter samples and technology samples. It requires some board hoping but Im currently making between 50m-60m credits an hour. I get the materials at the HIP 17125 Planet A 3, Moon 3 or HIP17125 A3A. Coordinates -65.8193 and 48.8662. The Thargoid cash site is the closes place to grab these lovely corrosive materials. The around 36ly from Maia. An SRV is a must. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “General Discussion”