Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Skipp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 am

I'm sure he ment that his guns "won't work" just because they've been piling up dust since he's been out exploring :)
ImageImage

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:04 pm

i just bought a cupboard for 4.9 million credits

i wanted to temporarily swap my C3 beam for a C3 pulse, but didn't want to lose the beam. bought a Vulture and fitted the beam to that, and stowed it in the hangar. it's worth the 490k i'll lose selling the ship to not have to waste an hour trying to find another beam when i need it back.

i'm currently looking for a new home, as i haven't had a decent RES spawn in well over a week - seen nothing bigger than a Cobra. even Fusang didn't give me anything decent to shoot at. the search continues.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Just moved my fleet to Azrael. Took a day to relocate but I am now set up ready for the mobius faction when it appears.
Gotta say.... 3 ships available to buy at the station. ... really! !??? Lol. We need better stock of everything there.

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby robfm81 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 pm

clivewil wrote:i just bought a cupboard for 4.9 million credits

i wanted to temporarily swap my C3 beam for a C3 pulse, but didn't want to lose the beam. bought a Vulture and fitted the beam to that, and stowed it in the hangar. it's worth the 490k i'll lose selling the ship to not have to waste an hour trying to find another beam when i need it back.

i'm currently looking for a new home, as i haven't had a decent RES spawn in well over a week - seen nothing bigger than a Cobra. even Fusang didn't give me anything decent to shoot at. the search continues.

EXIOCE is one jump from AZRAEL and has good res sites - went on for 10 minutes this morning and got 300k in 2 kills.

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Yup, moved mine over to Azrael as well, and yea, the outfitting in that glorious shiny station is honestly sparser than some outpost's I have been at :S

There should be a high-tech system not to far though (one jump for most ships).
Maybe this could be our first CG.
To raise tech level in our home :P
well, after we take over of course.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 am

That would be really good as a CG for sure.
I did indeed find a high tech 1 jump away but even that wasn't great. Not to worry. I'm new in the neighbourhood so will get to grips with things :)

Will be up for some wings play if anyone facies it at some point. I'll start getting on TS as well to make it easier.

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:35 am

TorTorden wrote:the outfitting in that glorious shiny station is honestly sparser than some outpost's I have been at

i thought the entire area was a bit underwhelming myself, just outfitting a simple Cobra took much longer than usual to track down the parts among the adjoining systems

i'm willing to move my non-elite pilot down there and operate out of there as a home base, as long as there are sufficient opportunities in the area. i'm happy to support the system but i want him to progress in rank etc. too - i didn't see much of note during my last visit

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:07 am

clivewil wrote:
TorTorden wrote:the outfitting in that glorious shiny station is honestly sparser than some outpost's I have been at

i thought the entire area was a bit underwhelming myself, just outfitting a simple Cobra took much longer than usual to track down the parts among the adjoining systems

i'm willing to move my non-elite pilot down there and operate out of there as a home base, as long as there are sufficient opportunities in the area. i'm happy to support the system but i want him to progress in rank etc. too - i didn't see much of note during my last visit

True, but its more about what we can make of it, not what it is.
And all you need to setup is a decent u-haul shuttle, you then hop up to diaguandri or lembava and buy/outfit your ship there :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 am

I've been working an area of space quite close to AZRAEL for quite a while now. Here are my suggestions for outfitting in the surrounding area: (sorry about the all caps, I copied and pasted from my list of station notes in Inara)

DVORSI- CHERNYKH RING & FOWLER ORBITAL (also great shipyards!)
GUUGUYNI-SHEN TERMINAL
LTT 9810 - KERIMOV DOCK (3C-G Beams can be found here)
UGRIVIRII - JEFFERIES PORT

-JL
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:11 am

TorTorden wrote:True, but its more about what we can make of it, not what it is.
And all you need to setup is a decent u-haul shuttle, you then hop up to diaguandri or lembava and buy/outfit your ship there :P

ah perhaps you misunderstand me, i already have the gear i need to get up and running and some of it is already there waiting - what i'm referring to by 'sufficient opportunities in the area' is a reasonably constant stream of worthy missions at the Mobius BB and some decent nearby target systems for those missions.

there was only a couple available last time i was there, whereas most stations have between 10 - 20 at any given time.

on topic - today i was using my original commander over in the HIP 93377 system, trying to flip it from a pirate clan to Federal rule. saw Dropships and Clippers in the RES for the first time in ages. killed them. one of them was worth 140k, which makes a nice change from the usual 5k - 25k insects i usually fight

Return to “General Discussion”