Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Zetr0 wrote:@Commander Trinity Star - o7

Thats some fine work!

And an impressive speed to obtain an Elite Profession - since the Epic accounts have been out barely two weeks.

Impressive work indeed - o7

meh. Guessing I'm not in the loop - what's Epic accounts ?
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:14 am

Greetings Commander tinnitus - o7

It is very unfortunate to infor, you now that EPIC GAMES had been giving away a free copy of Elite Dangerous ( With Horizons ) to anyone who wanted one and downloaded their "Epic Launcher"

This Freebee was only available for a week up until the 26th of November when then moved back to a defacto amount. Many Commanders have taken the opportunity to pick up a second or third account.

I for one have been using my Elite Epic Account as a nefarious Pirate ( RPG'ing this one ) - should be hillarious since I so poor at combat =)

Truly sorry that you missed this opportunity Commander

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:33 am

Well gosh darn no big deal but free is free. Anyway have 2 PC games on the go not including Poker busy enough flying two games and finding new ways to lose at poker. Thanks Commander.
o7
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Rick H
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GITMAN

Postby Rick H » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Screenshot (518).jpg
Screenshot (518).jpg (153.31 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
I am doing some loop route trading in corvette. It's fun because I can submit to interdictions and then use collector limpets to pick up the salvage. I can only hold 406 cargo but that's ok, making about 8 mil. per round trip. It's fun.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:13 pm

@Commander Rick H - o7

Nice, cleaning up the systems one at a time and making a profit!

I was just wondering what I could do with my 'Vette ;)

What on terra firma are the NPC pilots are thinking when trying to interdict a fully armed Federal Corvett - I suppose it doesn't matter becasue I am pretty sure that once the vessel is inderdicted they arn't thinking "PayDay" lol

Keep up the good work Commander - o7

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:15 pm

Prismatic Shield Generators 8,7,6,5,4,3 done. Engineered. Worth it? Slow buggers to charged back up. Not bad raw shield strength. Nice colour, increase mass and power - don't care and do not really need them. Swapped back to the standard shields on the FDL they are better and only use her to fight.

Back in FDL killing big ships in shipping lanes for MATS LOL.
Image]

Rick H
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Rick H » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 am

Half way to Colonia now. Man this is a long trip hehe.

Rick H
Harmless
Harmless

~q!

Postby Rick H » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:04 am

o7 Zetr0, thanks. Yeah, after getting bored mining with the cutter I decided to do some trading with the cutter at first.

I wound up arming it and putting a big shield on it so I could attack the interdictors but just couldn't turn the damn thing fast enough, so started to put turrets on it then stopped myself and realized the 'vette holds about as much cargo as the cutter with a big shield.

Corvette rules as a fightin' trader. I really liked doing the multi-hop routes on eddb because you get to visit a lot of different places and build rep everywhere you go, great fun.

I just got the urge to explore so I decided to take my first trip to Colonia and see the engineers. Only 6400 ly to go. Thinking about a Sag-A trip after that.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:57 am

o7 - Commander Rick H

Currenly I am 11,000 Light Years from the Bubble with a small team of Elite and expert commanders researching more into the Dynasty Expedition.

Fleet Commander : Comdor77
Expedition Commander : Logic_me
Expedition Commander : Insane McManiac
Expedition Commander : JimBoyy

Yesterday evening when inspecting a heavy gravity planet in the PLAA AEC TU-G system we had Commander Salamander Join us in a Telepresence Fighter.

Fun, Hilarity and a few fighter craft later, much discovery ensued. I belive that Commander Logic_Me will be making a report to Mobius Command shortly.

We have completed our survey of Hawkings Gap and the few sites that they have left. Fleet Command is pressing on for a further 3,000 light years but its an amazing place out here, I can see why some never return.

I have Funds set aside for a big Run & Gun Covette build for when I get back home, sadly I am limited to engineer access nor do I have access to Weapon upgrades / Guardian Weapons at the moment.

In my down time I have been synthesising / modeling the build on the Coriolis Mainframe When we return to the bubble I would enjoy meeting up and comparing notes Commander.

Until then - Stay sharp out there Admiral and please take my best regards to Colonia -

Oh, and ensure that any pirate scum should you encounter, meet the vacuum that they deserve!

o7- Commander Rick H
Last edited by Zetr0 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:04 am

@Commander Tinnitus - o7

I want Prismatic Shields so bad, but the fact I have to simp for an imperial princess is the bit that wrenches my soul.
But I really really really want them shields, I have fleet that needs them and some Thargoids that are going to regret that they were even.... er... hatched?... ( lets put a pin in that one for later ;) )

Thats a 4 week grind, and a big cost at the end, since you only get a week to purchase what you want/need - I can see some trips at Robigo to Sirius Atmospherics to help pay off the purchases.

Impressive stuff Commander - o7

Return to “General Discussion”