Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Well.......Whilst listening to Lori bitch about level 1 rolls......

Got a crew invite from the psycho.......

There is NO WAY the T9's can be structurally sound.......All that view......NO way.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 pm

I wish I could switch seats in my own ships to try out the different views.
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm

tinnitus wrote:good luck hunting rocks, Tor usually has a few beers on-board.

Handed in 6K in bounties and nothing changed. Another 85 rolls to get to level 5. But it's done till the next time.
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well.......Whilst listening to Lori bitch about level 1 rolls......

There is NO WAY the T9's can be structurally sound.......All that view......NO way.......

After I was done, tested the Regens on Tor. Apparently 3 Large healing beams on the Space Cow is not enough to keep the sheilds up with 4 pips and a full boost nose first in the dirt. 10% hull gone. I did it in the Conda and never lost shields. Proof than a Conda is tougher than a Cow :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Loriath wrote: After I was done, tested the Regens on Tor. Apparently 3 Large healing beams on the Space Cow is not enough to keep the sheilds up with 4 pips and a full boost nose first in the dirt. 10% hull gone. I did it in the Conda and never lost shields. Proof than a Conda is tougher than a Cow :P

Well yeah as it should be I saw pics on an Anaconda swallowing a big fat Brown Cow. :evil:

Speaking of Conda, Conda or Aspx to Colonia both with 40ish LY FSD
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 pm

tinnitus wrote:
Loriath wrote: After I was done, tested the Regens on Tor. Apparently 3 Large healing beams on the Space Cow is not enough to keep the sheilds up with 4 pips and a full boost nose first in the dirt. 10% hull gone. I did it in the Conda and never lost shields. Proof than a Conda is tougher than a Cow :P

Well yeah as it should be I saw pics on an Anaconda swallowing a big fat Brown Cow. :evil:

I would take the asp.

If memory serves you too have vr?
And that will become a special something.
The conda is much more limited in view and I found the manouverabillity in cruise to be absolutely hair pulling after a few thousand ly.

So first time I went out exploring I did in the cond and regular screen.
I got as far as about 5kly until I found the magic "go home" button.
In the asp and with vr. I got all the way to colonial in about a week.

There are also bases along the way, not just bubble - colonia.
Most are settlement types but there is for instance an asteroid base in a ring in the eagle nebula if memory serves.

Now transferring a conda to colonial would be.
When I got there I checked some of the prices and the main rate was something like 2x full buy cost.
So my corvette would cost about a 1.2 billion to move out there. And take two weeks or something.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 pm

tinnitus wrote:

AspX because of the better turn rate in SC. Conda would feel like arm-wrestling a gorilla for 22 k LY.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Yeah ASPX was what I was thinking about, I just like that snake. Why we got these high transfer cost who cares if a ll commanders are out there or not. Colonia forget about clearing your save just go there order your fleet and be broke start all over again. May as well transfer a few mods and make ready a ship just in case. Arrive order, fly to London sit at FD office holding a sign "Lower Transfer Cost Please and wait for my ship. Sounds like a plan.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Cometborne wrote: AspX because of the better turn rate in SC. Conda would feel like arm-wrestling a gorilla for 22 k LY.

LOL, or feel like driving my old standard steering 63 Chevy Truck.
Image]

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:10 am

Loriath wrote:
tinnitus wrote:good luck hunting rocks, Tor usually has a few beers on-board.

Handed in 6K in bounties and nothing changed. Another 85 rolls to get to level 5. But it's done till the next time.
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well.......Whilst listening to Lori bitch about level 1 rolls......

After I was done, tested the Regens on Tor. Apparently 3 Large healing beams on the Space Cow is not enough to keep the sheilds up with 4 pips and a full boost nose first in the dirt. 10% hull gone. I did it in the Conda and never lost shields. Proof than a Conda is tougher than a Cow :P

*put's on the nerd specs*

That's because even beams, like all guns work on rapid pulses of damage and the regen beams are still so out wack that a few out-heals the damage from a few guns.
But faceplanting into the ground is not a series of smaller impulses, it's just one big one, this is where buffer comes into play, and even though I have as big a shield generator on the cow as the power reactor would allow me to fit (class 6 btw, really power is limiting) I only get a shield strength of 360MW.
My vulture has more shields than that..

Now where's my whisky, I need to sort this coffee.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:16 pm

TorTorden wrote:*put's on the nerd specs*

That's because even beams, like all guns work on rapid pulses of damage and the regen beams are still so out wack that a few out-heals the damage from a few guns.
But faceplanting into the ground is not a series of smaller impulses, it's just one big one, this is where buffer comes into play, and even though I have as big a shield generator on the cow as the power reactor would allow me to fit (class 6 btw, really power is limiting) I only get a shield strength of 360MW.
My vulture has more shields than that..

Now where's my whisky, I need to sort this coffee.

Yah you said all that last night and it's just as much crap now as it was then.

I took the Anaconda to Colonia. It was ok but that do it again I would take my AspX.

So now that I have my Conda how I want it for now, it's back to making money. Real money. My X52Pro is starting to die. I need it to last until late September. And I am being tempted by the EDTRACKER wireless and wireless headsets.

If I get a wireless I will be selling the EDTracker Pro to try to cover a bit of the shipping price. But the new stick has to come first.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “General Discussion”