Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Slapdash
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slapdash
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Slapdash » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:21 pm

I was attempting to find my way back to FM then the server kicked me and now am waiting to get back on :(

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Neillm wrote: I'm considering buying a cheapo sidey to use as a one way shuttle bus

That's not such a bad idea, pop a big fat FSD in it for a 25 ly jump range and you can keep ships stationed all over the place, just return them to where you parked the sidewinder when you are done.

right now I've just arrived back at port after a mining run in my cobra, 22 tonnes of palladium and 14 of indite.

im in a high tech refinery system called Uru that's 127 ly from sol and 146ly from I Bootis in the old beta area. i'm kind of stuck as i cant find a route to Sol from here and i can't find a better FSD anywhere :( i have about 600k and a few upgrades, 36 tonne capacity and a 4 bin ref.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Ghal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ghalidor

Postby Ghal » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Was delivering Uranium to Kaku orbital in Chemaku, until server disconnected me while trying to dock....

Starman Jones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Starman Jones

Postby Starman Jones » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm

AndyB what is FSD? Can you share your cobra set up?
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Rune
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rune Sunfire

Postby Rune » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm in a Cobra with a B4 FSD, B3 Power Plant, B3 Power distributor and 40T cargo capacity. Downgraded my fuel tank from 16 to 8 to increase my jump range. Been in the ETA Cassipeiae/Groombridge 34 area doing missions and trading and got my reputation up high enough to the point where I was offered a haulage mission to transport 20t of Gold for 155 thousand credits earlier :)

AndyB wrote:
Neillm wrote: I'm considering buying a cheapo sidey to use as a one way shuttle bus

That's not such a bad idea, pop a big fat FSD in it for a 25 ly jump range and you can keep ships stationed all over the place, just return them to where you parked the sidewinder when you are done.

right now I've just arrived back at port after a mining run in my cobra, 22 tonnes of palladium and 14 of indite.

im in a high tech refinery system called Uru that's 127 ly from sol and 146ly from I Bootis in the old beta area. i'm kind of stuck as i cant find a route to Sol from here and i can't find a better FSD anywhere :( i have about 600k and a few upgrades, 36 tonne capacity and a 4 bin ref.

AndyB, if you're too far out the Galaxy Map won't be able to plot a route for you. What I did to get to Sol was to select it as a destination so I knew what direction it was in and then cycle through the systems I could jump to in order to find the one that was the closest in terms of direction and then repeated the process till I got close and could plot a course.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Mr_Average wrote:Crashed for the second time today while alt+tab between the client and the Elite Companion.

Around 50,000, trying to get a hauler.

TBH, getting a bit miffed, not sure if I can take grinding only for it to be wiped on the 16th.

I use steam so I can use the browser overlay. Its very handy.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Neillm wrote:
Mr_Average wrote:Crashed for the second time today while alt+tab between the client and the Elite Companion.

Around 50,000, trying to get a hauler.

TBH, getting a bit miffed, not sure if I can take grinding only for it to be wiped on the 16th.

Indeed...I'm taking things very easily until the release.

I know exactly what you mean.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Nemetos wrote:Just arrived at Barnard star ... gonna do a bit of sight seeing in Sol in my Cobra.

Im skint ... as Ive just bloody ran out of fuel in the last system.
When I loaded game up, the nearest port was 0.30ly away ... journey time of 1hr 15 .
Got it down ro 0.28ly distance, when I ran out of fuel, and watched my windscreen freeze over just before I croaked it from running out of oxygen. :|
After insurance ... Ive got a grand total of 94 credits . Whoo hoo ... !!!
Selling my beam laser for some reddies ... never really liked that weapon anyway .

Cheers !!

That was around the time I was getting interdicted while talking to you and I was rammed by an ASP.

You must be a jinx, I lost 25,000 cr.

Lol.

JonnyCombat
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jonny Hewitt

Postby JonnyCombat » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I'm currently residing in Carena (carenan?). Intercepting space banditos, trading in illegal goods, and saving up for a new FSD drive for my viper. I haven't seen a human player in a long time.

LtCasey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Jonathan Casey

Postby LtCasey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Still in the sidey, nearly maxed, just missing the two beams. I'm exploring, trading in the blackmarket, investigating USS, bountyhunting for good.

In Short...... Im having fun :D

Return to “General Discussion”