Hunting Imperials at the border.

Somerled
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Somerled
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Somerled » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:48 am

Started at Aiabiko and did missions for a few days. Bought a Hauler then a Cobra and carried on with the missions, eventualy got a bit frustrated because every now and then I would get offered a really nice mission (worth 100k or more) and then nothing for the rest of the day worth over 5k.

So I tried my hand at mining.

Kitted my Cobra out and went prospecting. Found some Palladium roids, but no Platinum. Mined the Palladium for a few days - making around 500k per run. Mining is both relaxing and boring. Found the best thing was to listen to some music, so I've not been on TS. :roll:

Now I have a fully tricked out Cobra - all rank A mods. Will do a couple more Palladium runs, for pocket money, and then get on TS and see who wants to do some group stuff. :mrgreen:

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 am

SJT wrote:Hunting Imperials at the border.

Mmmm. Minty.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 am

Philip Coutts wrote:I'm very surprised to say I spend most of my time mapping systems. I'm still trying to work my way back to Imperial space from some godforsaken Federal dump I think I'm still about 100ly away from Achenar. I basically run around scanning systems as I go and taking out pirates (well apart from the couple of vipers that tore me a new arse). It's really fun and I'm making decent cash to upgrade my little sidewinder, still looking for better drives to increase my jump range though.

I'm doing something similar, using stellar stepping stones in the general direction of the rosy nebula. Stopped for a while in an inhabited region where they are mostly extraction/refinery/industrial. It's a weird economy: they're all involved in the same business, so how does anyone make any profit? I spent hours taking missions carrying scrap or mineral extractors from A to B only to find the next mission would be to take the same goods from B to C. Managed to carve out a Golden Triangle & now have a well-equipped Cobra and I'm back on the road with Scout status.
In this region you can do 8 or 9 jumps without habitation, but there's nearly always a lone NPC who, in Gamma, is now willing to interdict during scanning. Cruising provocatively round inhabited systems to build skills and rep is one thing, but it's just not profitable to take on these loners.

JonnyCombat
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jonny Hewitt
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby JonnyCombat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Well I just upped sticks from Barnards star and travelled 130ly to Furthark near Achenar. Really interesting journey, lots to see, and bumped into a few group members along the way. Loving the imperial stations, Fort Futhark is bright white and teeming with space banditos.

Bought a cobra for the journey then swapped it for a Viper when I got to my destination. Damn this game is absorbing!

Vitch
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vitch

Postby Vitch » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm hauling Rare Commodities about in a Type 6.

Thing handles like a bus so I'm keeping my eye out for some upgrades as I travel.

Serious money to be made in the Rare stuff, I expect them to downgrade them a bit at launch.

Gazzareth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Gazzareth » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Still hanging around where I started off, working on the Sidewinder. Going to keep it so whatever happens I am starting the 16th in a Sidey, if there is no wipe though it will be nearly maxxed out.

Making money on BBS, bit of exploring, bounty hunting, looking at the USS's and a bit of trading. Not grinding at all in gamma...

G

MarrV
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV

Postby MarrV » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:17 am

Switched to mining in a cobra mk3. Making 300k a trip. Not mega fast but allows me to come & go as I please and be less involved with the game. Location; well have to come on TS and ask :P

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Gazzareth wrote:Still hanging around where I started off, working on the Sidewinder. Going to keep it so whatever happens I am starting the 16th in a Sidey, if there is no wipe though it will be nearly maxxed out

Same here.....nearly maxed out sidey and a pimped hauler.....just taking BB missions......i have 3 friendly systems around me.....I like green.......

Just got about 90000 in the bank at the mo......going to jump in the hauler and do a bit more for a 160,000 A2 power supply for the sidey....then maybe now its for real start thinking about what to do next......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:58 pm

MAKING CREDITS!

Return to “General Discussion”