Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Returning from a 5000ly trip to the Jellyfish Nebula to unlock Palin. Regular 57+ly jumps is making quick work of it. I'm definitely enjoying engineering (not RNGineering) the second time around.

Yes much better. I like the new screen that show the upgrade, quicker process than the old system and increased material storage, remote upgrading etc. Not sure if they changed the unlocking engineer mechanics.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

mxpower76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mxpower76
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby mxpower76 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:31 pm

We're there.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Fri May 04, 2018 8:15 pm

I forgot how much fun outpost work is, and the Python is the King of that trying to figure out what Beams to put on her. I have a pair of Med. G3 Efficient Beams and 3 LRG MC (2 with special effects) Took awhile to get an Elite FDL Shields down wondering if I should upgrade to G5 LRG Efficient Beams. Not intending to use her for RES/CZones Combat but am go to submit to Interdicting and fight.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 pm

tinnitus wrote:I forgot how much fun outpost work is, and the Python is the King of that trying to figure out what Beams to put on her. I have a pair of Med. G3 Efficient Beams and 3 LRG MC (2 with special effects) Took awhile to get an Elite FDL Shields down wondering if I should upgrade to G5 LRG Efficient Beams. Not intending to use her for RES/CZones Combat but am go to submit to Interdicting and fight.

Running beams on the centre class 3 and the class 2's, all lvl 5 efficient.
The remaining class 3's are sporting multi's with rapid fire 5 and multi servo secondary.
I find lately that if you have beams, incendiary on multi's are a waste of kinetic damage.

And the rof on the multi's are so fast the sound engine fails to keep up...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Was trying Healies4feelies2 with CMDR EDDDOLOS yesterday. Killed 38 enemy ships and my Cutter, end up with 500k combat bonds and 27M rebuy. Don't let your wingman get out of sight and plan your retreat.

Then we load some gold in cargo bays and went to a HazRES. 4.5M in bounties plus materials. Funny thing how pirates come in waves.

For Combat Zone better have wing of 3 or 4 people. For HazRES action put some Point Defense on the bottom of your ship.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sat May 05, 2018 4:38 pm

TorTorden wrote:
tinnitus wrote:I forgot how much fun outpost work is, and the Python is the King of that trying to figure out what Beams to put on her. I have a pair of Med. G3 Efficient Beams and 3 LRG MC (2 with special effects) Took awhile to get an Elite FDL Shields down wondering if I should upgrade to G5 LRG Efficient Beams. Not intending to use her for RES/CZones Combat but am go to submit to Interdicting and fight.

Running beams on the centre class 3 and the class 2's, all lvl 5 efficient.
The remaining class 3's are sporting multi's with rapid fire 5 and multi servo secondary.
I find lately that if you have beams, incendiary on multi's are a waste of kinetic damage.

And the rof on the multi's are so fast the sound engine fails to keep up...

Thanks Tor,

Have 1 L C3 Beam Center and 2 2D Beams all lvl 5 efficient, borrowed a couple L 3C MC lcl 5 High Capacity (4700) (no special) from the Cutter. Plan on doing a few more top level Weapons work later in the week. Have the Cutter fitted for top Cargo runs parked for Outbreak run when Azrael and Exioce get sick. Darn I think I lived most of my elite life in the Cutter but not so much these days. Thanks agin Eh!
Image]

true2kozy
Harmless
Harmless

Postby true2kozy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:52 am

I also sport a well-equipped Python but hardly ever use my MCs. I use a set of juiced up Pulse Lasers and a Beam Laser under the nose. I only switch to the MCs when I encounter an engineered ship with thermal protection.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu May 10, 2018 4:12 am

Just had a quiet BH session with a low combat level friend in a low res site..

Got rammed by police in my fighter and gained a fine for it.
... Conda got attacked because tagged as "wanted"...
... turrets fired back automatically...
Had to GTFO with notoriety now because cops can't avoid a small fighter foating completely still :)

bleh

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu May 10, 2018 5:06 am

Facece is spawning USS 3 and 4 at a time this evening, Combat Aftermath, Encoded and High Grade. Good stuff.
Image]

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn

Postby raorn » Fri May 18, 2018 8:33 am

For the first time I followed the Tip Off advice. I was told earlier by other CMDRs, that one can find some profitable data packs, worth about 2 MCr. When I arrived at destination, a Search Zone: Shelter marker appeared, but at slightly different coordinates. There was one unguarded data point for about 12 kCr, but I also found a sh*tload of raw materials and cargo crates with expensive metals scattered around the settlement. Totally worth it, much faster than farming Crashed Conda Site.

Return to “General Discussion”