Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby pargyrak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 am

Took the day off OoM duties, bought a second Cutter to stock modules and engineered a few modules pre 3.0.

Felicity was kind enough to give me a 57.4% increase....

Named it OMS Hoarder

OMS Stockpiller is an Anaconda
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

knight76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knight76

Postby knight76 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Secured my access to SOL last night, packed up my stuff from my previous home system and jumped my way down to Azrael to settle in.

I figure I will find a system nearby to set up out of our range so I can run whatever missions I like without hurting OoM. Then, build up my rep with OoM factions in our systems.

Zigurate
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ZIGRAT

Postby Zigurate » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Currently bounty hunting on Wangal.

Easy to get on top 10% now that a lot of people are playing beta.

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 am

Thought I'd make some credits from passenger trips....
Found two who wanted to do sight-seeing trips, only two locations each, both paying over 5 million.
Better still, they shared a destination they wanted to visit. So a nice out to three tourist spots and home for a +10 million payout....
All was going well until leaving a station on the last leg.... boosted away,, clipped an NPC ship, no damage but a 200CR reckless flying fine.
Both my passengers say that's too much criminal activity and cancel the contracts.
So over 10 million lost and a reputation hit.
I only swore a little bit, honest!

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 am

Made enough money from the past couple CG's to get into a Type-7.
Mining for the new community goal.
It had been so long since I'd done any mining I forgot exactly how it worked and what 'equipment' I needed. Got it all sorted now though.

b00st3d
Novice
Novice
CMDR: b00st3d
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby b00st3d » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 am

Running 120T of Meta-Alloys out to Colonia in support of the Dove Enigma

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm

Toshaka wrote:
Deal wrote:
Toshaka wrote:On my way to Colonia on the neutron highway with my Anaconda.
Hope I get there in one piece :P

Good luck :)

Btw, did you manage to get the double FSD boost working?

I didn't manage to pull it off, but didn't try very hard as I wanted to get palin's requirements done ASAP (since the grind wall cometh..)

I finished Palin a few days ago pff.
You mean 2 times the boost from the neutron star?
On the highway thats not really needed tho.
Then again with 1 full boost i can go atleast 210+ly wich is mostly more then enough to go to a fuel star.
And then 1 or 2 jumps away from a new neutron star.
My conda does 52.5ly unladen and that is with 4g srv bay and a fighter bay.

Sorry, missed the notification of your reply somehow. Yeah, I just wondered if it was still working really. I saw a video on youtube where someone tried to get the second boost and it no longer worked. Unless you are really adept at pulling it off, it's probably slower than just jumping to your next neutron, but until you get to where the neutron density is higher, it might be worth doing. /pshrug

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm not doing anything in game right now since I'm writing this post, but what I did do the other day was to very nearly deprive CMDR Titus Dangerous of their 3rd dimension in the Jameson mail slot. Very sorry about that old chap.

In my defense, I didn't mean to log into mobius at all as I was just testing different HUD matricies, which entailed logging in and out, leaving the station and docking again over and over. At first I thought, hey that's some nice evasive flying by that NPC, then I realised. Very much my bad.

I did finally manage to find a neutral HUD matrix (grey or white depending on your HUD intensity) with red enemies and blue shields and notifications.
It also seems that the emissive HUD elements are derived from the underlying colour values, not the intensity slider, so I set the reds to be as low as possible which cuts down the spurious cockpit illumination a lot (because red is the bulk of the orange colour in the HUD and is transformed to white, which emits a lot of light normally, which I don't like much). The downside is that the reds in the station UI are very dim. I can live with that though.

God save the queen HUD matrix:
► Show Spoiler

I see that firefox on linux is eating my new lines again. :/

Anyway, the HUD intensity is on the second notch in the above shot, so it can go much higher if you want it whiter, and this won't increase the associated cockpit illumination. If the reds are too dark in the station UI (which is blue/green) you can bump the 0.18 in the red matrix some, but it will boost the associated cockpit lights.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:19 am

Deal wrote:I'm not doing anything in game right now since I'm writing this post, but what I did do the other day was to very nearly deprive CMDR Titus Dangerous of their 3rd dimension in the Jameson mail slot. Very sorry about that old chap.

In my defense, I didn't mean to log into mobius at all as I was just testing different HUD matricies, which entailed logging in and out, leaving the station and docking again over and over. At first I thought, hey that's some nice evasive flying by that NPC, then I realised. Very much my bad.

I did finally manage to find a neutral HUD matrix (grey or white depending on your HUD intensity) with red enemies and blue shields and notifications.
It also seems that the emissive HUD elements are derived from the underlying colour values, not the intensity slider, so I set the reds to be as low as possible which cuts down the spurious cockpit illumination a lot (because red is the bulk of the orange colour in the HUD and is transformed to white, which emits a lot of light normally, which I don't like much). The downside is that the reds in the station UI are very dim. I can live with that though.

God save the queen HUD matrix:
► Show Spoiler

I see that firefox on linux is eating my new lines again. :/

Anyway, the HUD intensity is on the second notch in the above shot, so it can go much higher if you want it whiter, and this won't increase the associated cockpit illumination. If the reds are too dark in the station UI (which is blue/green) you can bump the 0.18 in the red matrix some, but it will boost the associated cockpit lights.
Thanks for sharing.
I think it looks quite nice.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:16 am

So are there any current get cash grabs in the game?

Return to “General Discussion”