Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:45 pm

TorTorden wrote:Now transferring a conda to colonial would be.
When I got there I checked some of the prices and the main rate was something like 2x full buy cost.
So my corvette would cost about a 1.2 billion to move out there. And take two weeks or something.

Hell, I'd do it for 1/2 that - and be there in less than a week!
It's time to give this another go.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Am off to Colonia, only 18000 Light years to go, space is big, very big. Aspx is the best one for the trip, the VR works better for the Rift. I took the Conada out just to test it but the Apsx is more suited for the task and better view. Soon I will discover the real price of ships transfers to Colonia, did a credit building run for the last couple weeks to pay for the cost if I stay there for a few months, semi-long haul passengers, did a portion of the road to riches, smuggling, and a bunch of CZone 108 kill mission.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 am

Ship transfers to Colonia cost roughly 130% of the ship's value. If you are not an alpha/beta backer, rebuy * 26 is a good rule of thumb.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Cometborne wrote:Ship transfers to Colonia cost roughly 130% of the ship's value. If you are not an alpha/beta backer, rebuy * 26 is a good rule of thumb.

Arrived 15 minutes ago, cost to ship the Cutter is 714 Million rounded up (713,624,768) 61 Hours Delivery. DBX 20M, I.Courier 13M, Clipper 99M same delivery time. Transfer parts, 7AFSD, PP, 60M, 7ACap 72M. To polite to swear.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Jonas Lander
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jonas Lander

Postby Jonas Lander » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Last night, I arrived to Colonia in my ASPX. Looking for something to do in Colonia besides exploring after a month of exploring/traveling here. Will be back to exploring after a break.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 pm

tinnitus wrote:
Cometborne wrote:Ship transfers to Colonia cost roughly 130% of the ship's value. If you are not an alpha/beta backer, rebuy * 26 is a good rule of thumb.

Arrived 15 minutes ago, cost to ship the Cutter is 714 Million rounded up (713,624,768) 61 Hours Delivery. DBX 20M, I.Courier 13M, Clipper 99M same delivery time. Transfer parts, 7AFSD, PP, 60M, 7ACap 72M. To polite to swear.

Yes, expensive ships should be flown out rather than having them shipped.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Jonas Lander wrote:Last night, I arrived to Colonia in my ASPX. Looking for something to do in Colonia besides exploring after a month of exploring/traveling here. Will be back to exploring after a break.

The Beagle Point Expedition leaves Colonia at the start of January.

vCrausewitz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: vCrausewitz

Postby vCrausewitz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Well, I am beginning still. Doing the training missions with the loaned Sidewinder (my S.S. Solidarity - renaming the ship, first thing I did).
Once I feel comfortable (and once knowing my key+Joystick bindings), I will do the first available missions - Let's see what these will be. I will keep you updated.

vCrausewitz

S.S. SOLIDARITY

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Check out the latest season of "From Zero to Hero" by Commander ChaosWulff on YouTube. When I started in 2.0, one of the earlier seasons helped me a lot to get into the game. There is also the "new commander welcome pack" on imgur with tons of useful reference charts/pics.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Cometborne wrote: Yes, expensive ships should be flown out rather than having them shipped.

Yes a better plan, I stripped the Mods from 4 Ships, those can be purchased out here. The others including mods are on the way ETA 01:30 Sunday. Not cheap, nor cheaper than what I first thoughts did earn 85% of the total shipping expense before heading out. Hope to stay a few months. Need a change for a change. :) The Rift is helping with that. Located 45 or 47 Systems here a couple good ones for Planet Scans, Courier runs and some kills, easy to stack.
Image]

Return to “General Discussion”