tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:01 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
tinnitus wrote:Decided to overclock the CPU/GPU and what a huge difference it makes while using the Rift. All I did was use the pre-set O/C functions and confirm it. About time those 8 PC Fans got some work not a big increase in heat because of the fans and an A/C is nearby in the room blowing at the Computer.

Damn, I tried that and it would just crash after a few minutes. But with a newer GPU and 1 or 2 more case fans, I think it's time to try it again. I'd love to up that pixel density! :mrgreen:

Same happen to me when I first got the rig a few months back so I left it alone and today while reading the doxs :) which stated if problems occur using the provided desktop O/C software do it from the BIOS so I did so far all good.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby thebs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:55 am

I hand down a lot of my equipment to other roles or other people, so I never overclock -- much more never over-volt -- in the slightest. I like my equipment to last a decade.

But I'm biased, my educational background is EE specializing in semiconductor, and I spend 20 months working directly in it (layout/synthesis-level). I've done a lot of embedded in other years, and run into various issues going beyond spec.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 am

Been in the Beta the last few nights. Besides changing some wallpaper and a fresh coat of paint in the hallways, I am at a loss to see what the next version will add based on this so far.

Guess I am back in the main game for a while till something new in the Beta catches my eye.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 am

Loriath wrote:Been in the Beta the last few nights. Besides changing some wallpaper and a fresh coat of paint in the hallways, I am at a loss to see what the next version will add based on this so far.

Guess I am back in the main game for a while till something new in the Beta catches my eye.

Apart from the new limpets, the main change so far seems to be with the mission board, which now spawns a lot more mission, there's a few tweaks to the GMap, but I think the biggest changes won't be seen in the Beta
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Yea Lori and I were just independently taking missions last night......

I really hope the way it is in beta does not drop.....

Making stupid amounts......

Like 3 data delivery missions to the same station for 2.7 mill a pop.....Then add on the cargo ones

Making about 20 mill in one jump.......

And the biggest thing........NOT interdicted all night......Sthg wrong there......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

tinnitus wrote:Since my little incident with some commands not being issued while using VoiceAttack decided to listen to TorTorden for a change and bound most functions to the HOTAS other than Power Management and a couple other bindings. I now have Mouth, Hands, Fingers, Feet and Toes (yes toes, High and Low Wake Toes.) all working together like a Symphony.

The wife looks at me kind of funny and I now have the nickname Stevie Wonder. On a side note finally took the Conda out for a spin first time since I got the rift. Man that big nose when passing through the Slot I duck my head so low the Rift hit the keyboard. Different world using "VR". Decided to overclock the CPU/GPU and what a huge difference it makes while using the Rift. All I did was use the pre-set O/C functions and confirm it. About time those 8 PC Fans got some work not a big increase in heat because of the fans and an A/C is nearby in the room blowing at the Computer.

Pretty please.... :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8168

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Pretty please.... :) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8168

Did you want me to move (copy) this over to the link? I started writing to the link you provided.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Nope.......

Writing in the link provided was what I wanted.....

And Thank You......

:)

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Loriath » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Engineering.

Broo for efficient beams. I have enough for 23 level 5 rolls. Currently at level 3 by 14%. Only rolls available to me are level one from stuff I found on the surface.

Started 14%. So far 133 level 1 rolls. Now at 71%. I need more beer and am out of nickel, sulphur, and phosphorus. Back to hunting rocks.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm

good luck hunting rocks, Tor usually has a few beers on-board.
Image]

Return to “General Discussion”