tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:39 am

JohnLuke wrote:
tinnitus wrote:Yes clear as swamp water, thanks Commander. I will not pop into any other system to top up on my way back from a mission. Going to haul passengers in the Orca (she is a sweet ship) so heavy both ways. Then switch to the Cutter doing Exioce/Azrael stuff.

Glad to help. By the way, we are focusing on increasing our influence in Exoice right now. If you could run missions out of MacMillan station there, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Okay will do may as use the cutter for a few hours.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Darkmoon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Captain Willard
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Darkmoon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:55 am

TorTorden wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:Spent the last couple days stocking up on thargoid mats and data for the upcoming weapons and armor. At least I hope I am. :)

We don't even know if they will require materials even. NO ONE at frontier has said so.
So why are people going nuts for it ?

Peeps are going nuts? I just happened to notice they were added while looking at the engineering components in Inara and since I was planning on a run out to see what all the hubbub was about at the thargoid bases, I figgered I'd grab em while I was in the area. No big deal, only took 2-3 hours to pick up 24 of each.

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Just made my first serious exploration trip out to see some Nebula's, ending at the Eagle Nebula about 7,000ly from my starting point.

During the trip out I discovered some new worlds and collected pages of exploration data.

Now it's time to make my way back so I can sell all that data and work on unlocking Qwent, then Palin, so I get those corrosive resistant cargo racks and get inside those new Alien bases :-)

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Greylock3491 wrote:Now it's time to make my way back so I can sell all that data and work on unlocking Qwent, then Palin, so I get those corrosive resistant cargo racks and get inside those new Alien bases :-)

The exploration data will be quite useful here, as you can use it to level up Martuuk to get the contact to Qwent, to become allied with Sirius Cooperation for the Sirius system permit, to level up with Professor Palin, and and and

I got back from BP with some 200-300 million in exploration, and found good use for all of it.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 pm

On my way to a wolf rayet star with a happy passenger. Only 8000LY passing on the outskirts of the orion nebula, it has been a while i haven't been out so i start light :)
Discovered a few earth worlds, ammonia world, pretty nice sights overall!

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 pm

I haven't got on tonight because I had to adult and paint my living room tonight. Hmph! :x

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:10 am

my little excursion just came to an abrupt end...
The destination is HEN 2-23. Turns out the destination can only be reached with an Anaconda with extra fuel tanks, because the star is so high up above the galactic plane, you need to get into a neutron highway with fery few scoops in the way.
With my ASP, at almost 51ly range, and enough for a few FSD injections , i can't get anywhere closer than 400 LY from the destination...

It's a bit like those missions that don't tell you you need a SRV..

So yea, the place looked promising... WR star wind nebula all that jazz.. Time to head back home =_=

o7MJ
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mobediah Jones

Postby o7MJ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:33 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Cometborne wrote:
A CNB like Aerial is better for the kill grinding, as you will get more small Elite-ranked ships that you can kill faster.

Yup, Comet is exactly right. For your current focus of gaining combat rank, going to a CNB and seeking out Deadly and Elite NPC's to kill is your best bet.

Thank you both for the help, if I had known about the CNB's I'd be Elite a long time ago. Took me only a few hours to get the last 11% in my FDL killing only Elite & Deadly enemies. For anyone else who have read countless threads about how to get the most amount of points towards combat ranks that includes enemy ranks, enemy ships, your ship etc. Ignore it all and only focus on enemy rank. And ofcorse CNB seems to be THE place for em. Cheers again o7

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:02 am

o7MJ wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:
Cometborne wrote:
A CNB like Aerial is better for the kill grinding, as you will get more small Elite-ranked ships that you can kill faster.

Yup, Comet is exactly right. For your current focus of gaining combat rank, going to a CNB and seeking out Deadly and Elite NPC's to kill is your best bet.

Thank you both for the help, if I had known about the CNB's I'd be Elite a long time ago. Took me only a few hours to get the last 11% in my FDL killing only Elite & Deadly enemies. For anyone else who have read countless threads about how to get the most amount of points towards combat ranks that includes enemy ranks, enemy ships, your ship etc. Ignore it all and only focus on enemy rank. And ofcorse CNB seems to be THE place for em. Cheers again o7

Big Congratulations!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:35 am

Congrats Mobediah Jones!! Well done commander! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”