JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:55 am

Rylo Ken wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:I'll be working the CG's at LTT 4961 this weekend. If anyone wants a wingman, hit me up. :evil:

Me me me. Been there this afternoon.

RK

You'd better hurry. The BH CG is about half way through tier 7. :shock:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken

Postby Rylo Ken » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Rylo Ken wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:I'll be working the CG's at LTT 4961 this weekend. If anyone wants a wingman, hit me up. :evil:

Me me me. Been there this afternoon.

RK

You'd better hurry. The BH CG is about half way through tier 7. :shock:

Yeah that's pretty crazy. I'm in the top 10% though... I'll be on in about an hour.

RK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice

Postby Rylo Ken » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Headed out to pick up the Oculus Rift w/ touch bundle... My first foray into VR!!! Color me excited.

RK

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Rylo Ken wrote:Headed out to pick up the Oculus Rift w/ touch bundle... My first foray into VR!!! Color me excited.

RK

Nice.
I'm still running a 960GTX potato. So VR is out for me at the moment. Though currently I work with VR, specifically the Vive. Think the experience would be awesome.

Am currently still ranking with the Feds. Want to get Admiral. Just for the hell of it. Also practicing with fixed multis on my Python. For some reason it seems like the latest update has changed how the NPCs move. Or maybe it seems like I've had some frame rate drops.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 pm

You might be able to *just* run VR with a 960. Put the settings on low and drop the SS to 0.75.
Wouldn't be the best experience but may work

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice

Postby Rylo Ken » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 am

OH. MY. WORD!!!! Talk about a game changer. The immersion is just unbelievable. I'm flabbergasted.

Anyone have any 'optimized' settings for the Rift?

RK

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 am

Rylo Ken wrote:OH. MY. WORD!!!! Talk about a game changer. The immersion is just unbelievable. I'm flabbergasted.

Anyone have any 'optimized' settings for the Rift?

RK

Rather good, isn't it? ;)

VR is very subjective when it comes to settings and obviously dependent on your rig.
Personally, I play on VR mid with HMD quality set to 1.25 (gtx 980).
You'll just have to tinker with it and see what feels best.
Be aware that the game has very different demands based on what you are doing. On and around star ports, on planet surfaces and busy RES sites are much harder on the gpu whereas supercruise is a piece of cake; so when you're messing with settings, make sure you try at least those situations

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 am

Oculus Rift Issues

I loved the system maps, that was a knock out, but using the galaxy map is clumsy with a joystick. My biggest issues are that I can't see / use a keyboard. So once all my joystick buttons and what-nots were used up, I had to set some things up that I could look down my nose at and see the keyboard and hit :) Really beautiful immersion, great for dog fighting, but for the everyday business of getting missions, delivering, trading and mining, I tend to go back to my monitor

What am I doing these days?
Well I went out to quince to passenger - got really disappointed. Whined on Facebook, (Bob Thresher) and got 100 suggestions for making some cash to cover my loses. :) Great people there! I poked a bit about there, made a little, had some fun.
Then someone mentioned mining. :) (Imagine Homer Simpson here) MMMmmmmm Mining. I whined about it being broke, someone suggested that it was fixed! So I ran back to my cutter, and spent a couple days examining rocks and ice chucks for anything that might make me a billionaire ;) It's always been a great place to just kick it and relax in this game, then go back to Bounty Hunting, or exploring, or schlepping folks about.
Then I saw the post - Black Rose convinced me to drop everything, grab my Python and run to Harm / Gentil port to try my hand at Piracy just outside the no-fire zone. I arrived and I'm waiting for my next day off to try it. ;)

"See you, out there."
Amonoa Sunrider
https://inara.cz/cmdr/20898/
"See you, ... out there."
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 am

Sunrider wrote:Oculus Rift Issues

I loved the system maps, that was a knock out, but using the galaxy map is clumsy with a joystick. My biggest issues are that I can't see / use a keyboard. So once all my joystick buttons and what-nots were used up, I had to set some things up that I could look down my nose at and see the keyboard and hit :) Really beautiful immersion, great for dog fighting, but for the everyday business of getting missions, delivering, trading and mining, I tend to go back to my monitor

What am I doing these days?
Well I went out to quince to passenger - got really disappointed. Whined on Facebook, (Bob Thresher) and got 100 suggestions for making some cash to cover my loses. :) Great people there! I poked a bit about there, made a little, had some fun.
Then someone mentioned mining. :) (Imagine Homer Simpson here) MMMmmmmm Mining. I whined about it being broke, someone suggested that it was fixed! So I ran back to my cutter, and spent a couple days examining rocks and ice chucks for anything that might make me a billionaire ;) It's always been a great place to just kick it and relax in this game, then go back to Bounty Hunting, or exploring, or schlepping folks about.
Then I saw the post - Black Rose convinced me to drop everything, grab my Python and run to Harm / Gentil port to try my hand at Piracy just outside the no-fire zone. I arrived and I'm waiting for my next day off to try it. ;)

"See you, out there."
Amonoa Sunrider
https://inara.cz/cmdr/20898/

Galaxy map buttons work completely seperate from the rest of the bindings in game.
Apart from the exception of your UI navigation keys.
Even axis.
So main stick become tilt and rotate, and I use my thruster stick to pan around.
Then all you need is a zoom in\out and pan vertically.

For some super weird reason the map starts level with the grid.
Worst possible start position to do anything with, so first I do is alway til camera up 30-40 degrees.

Second, get a hang on the pan\zoom behaviour and never try selecting stars directly, what you do is zoom in so you get the dot on the grid marker, and you place the center selectorn and the grid on it.
Then hit the regular selecet button.

Takes a little practice but now, I honestly prefer it to mouse and keyboard even in the map.

Only time I use a keyboard is to type system names, and 99% of that is sorted by using bookmarks.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am

WOW! :shock: OK, I'll try it. I've just been cutting / pasting to use bookmarks myself, but if I can come up with a system with the joystick, I am deffinately in! Thanks Thor, err Bob, err TorTorden. :)
"See you, ... out there."
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Return to “General Discussion”