Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Steel-Boot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steel-Boot
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Steel-Boot » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi I'm new here and playing in my own bubble...all sounds interesting what you are doing but at the same time its gobbledegook to a noob to.....I haven't gone veyr far only my sta4rting point then out to some place in the bondu to get meta-alloys then back into near where I started off.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Steel-Boot wrote:Hi I'm new here and playing in my own bubble...all sounds interesting what you are doing but at the same time its gobbledegook to a noob to.....I haven't gone veyr far only my sta4rting point then out to some place in the bondu to get meta-alloys then back into near where I started off.

Suggestion: pick a system with a RES site near a station, like Fusang/Cleve Station. Buy a combat ship, the Viper is an awesome entry ship, and have some fun bounty hunting in the RES.

Worked for me and might work for you.
:)

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm

thebs wrote:
Loriath wrote:
*Al* wrote:
He's not been 'well' for decades...

Tor, 38 second rule.

Lori, say Lori, hello Lori!

Dawg is stuck to his chair! (don't ask)

Oh I'm here, but the heat is proving that a polar bear from Canada has no mobility when the temp climbs above 30C.

Did Dawg go all Camaro on his Corvette too? By Camaro, I mean is his shirt unbuttoned to his crotch, fake chest hair and gold chains with a Mullet and a set of "Top Gun" aviators? He did with his Anaconda. Mullet Head....

A Camaro is a chick's car.

No, literally, our '16 Camaro SS (LT1 Corvette engine) is my wife's.

Now I myself love Ferrari F400-series, Porche 911 and definitely the Aston Martin blocks ... but being an American, and not having to pay the massive, protectionist EU VAT, etc... mark-up, the US$50-65K Corvette Z51 or GS is just too much sports car, and very fuel efficient, for so little buck to not love most.

NOTE: Keep in mind that gal-Imp are 25% larger than gal-US.**

E.g., 40mpg-Imp = 32mpg-US

**The US dropped the UK Imperial system in the 19th century, despite popular assumption. At that time there was the new base 10 ISO, based on the French system, and the US sided with that, standardizing US Customary on Metric equivalence. This was and still is done to same number of significant digits as metric itself -- 5, then 7, then 9 digits in mid-19, late-19 and early-20th centuries, respectively. This is why US manufacturing equipment didn't have the same issue as the UK, pre-metric conversion, in the 20th century -- especially when it came to NATO interoperability.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

didn't know that, interesting

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Loriath wrote:Cmdr. A-Team has just logged in to see if I can get some more money. He is in a Cobra and has 5.5 million. I think he needs to A Rate that bird.

flying tonight (forgive the Carry on pun)

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:59 pm

*Al* wrote:
thebs wrote:
Loriath wrote:
Oh I'm here, but the heat is proving that a polar bear from Canada has no mobility when the temp climbs above 30C.

Did Dawg go all Camaro on his Corvette too? By Camaro, I mean is his shirt unbuttoned to his crotch, fake chest hair and gold chains with a Mullet and a set of "Top Gun" aviators? He did with his Anaconda. Mullet Head....

A Camaro is a chick's car.

No, literally, our '16 Camaro SS (LT1 Corvette engine) is my wife's.

Now I myself love Ferrari F400-series, Porche 911 and definitely the Aston Martin blocks ... but being an American, and not having to pay the massive, protectionist EU VAT, etc... mark-up, the US$50-65K Corvette Z51 or GS is just too much sports car, and very fuel efficient, for so little buck to not love most.

NOTE: Keep in mind that gal-Imp are 25% larger than gal-US.**

E.g., 40mpg-Imp = 32mpg-US

**The US dropped the UK Imperial system in the 19th century, despite popular assumption. At that time there was the new base 10 ISO, based on the French system, and the US sided with that, standardizing US Customary on Metric equivalence. This was and still is done to same number of significant digits as metric itself -- 5, then 7, then 9 digits in mid-19, late-19 and early-20th centuries, respectively. This is why US manufacturing equipment didn't have the same issue as the UK, pre-metric conversion, in the 20th century -- especially when it came to NATO interoperability.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

didn't know that, interesting

Yes, even a lot of Americans think US Customary = UK Imperial, and that is dead, dead wrong. Going OT ...

► Show Spoiler
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Fozz33
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fozz33

Postby Fozz33 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 pm

What's happening now?
Trying to boost the Friends of Varramool's Influence in prep to win the election in Kochifuna!
Who'll help me!

UP THE ALLIANCE!

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Reached the halfway mark of the worst grind in this game:

EliteDangerous64_2017-07-14_23-41-16.png
EliteDangerous64_2017-07-14_23-41-16.png (26.37 KiB) Viewed 2243 times

Time to look for CNB in boom systems and get this over with.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:37 pm

I'll be working the CG's at LTT 4961 this weekend. If anyone wants a wingman, hit me up. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken

Postby Rylo Ken » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:45 am

JohnLuke wrote:I'll be working the CG's at LTT 4961 this weekend. If anyone wants a wingman, hit me up. :evil:

Me me me. Been there this afternoon.

RK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:30 am

Damn you Pharmaceutical Isolators, damn you to hell! :P
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy