Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 am

Decided it was time to finally unlock Marco Qwent and then Professor Palin, so currently working on the Sirius permit
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:44 pm

And as you walk through the Qwent-gate of evil, you will fear the RNG Jesus;
for he does not like you, and the modular terminals will be your doom.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 am

Took Lucy and her new Beam\MC setup into a conflict zone last night, since the A-team is off tending to heatstroke, playing one of my lists on spotify, you know, one I have put together with tracks ranging from Jingle bells, Beethoven, Rammstein\Nightwish, etc etc and a lot of weird stuff in between (I even have some Dan Bull in there).

Well I'm in the CZ and things are starting to hum, Lucy is really kicking ass with class 4 g5 effecient beams with heat vent, and incendiery multi's, and one corrosive of course.

Anyhoo, I was in the cz and things was coming up Bob and the playlist hits upon Bonnie Tyler "Holding out for a hero" just as I am about to boost in and engage another half dozen red fed's.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Well that's Marco Qwent done, was lucky and had 20 Modular Terminals by the invite, and the remaining shortly afterwards. Now it's time to hunt unknown fragments for Professor Palin.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Not been on for long tonight. Backs been bad so I want to be reclined and not in a gaming chair lol.

Finished off unlocking Selene Jean. I managed to get 9 Painite out of the first rock I tried then just another 10 mins or so to find another rock with some in.
RNGesus smiling on me for a change.

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken

Postby Rylo Ken » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm

So... Something I'd been pondering for a while (I own the big three ships and that combat play gets really boring for me a lot of the time). So I broke out the A-rated Vulture during this CG... OH MY WORD!! This game has just given me the most enjoyment I've had in it since I started (November 2016). Different strokes, of course and YMMV -- all that jazz. Apparently, I'm a small craft fighter kinda guy.

At any rate, while the Vulture is A-rated I knew there was more performance in there somewhere. I decided to take a little break from the bounty hunting at the current CG out yonder towards Maia and put in some engineer time for the Vulture.

Here's what I got done today:
1. G4 overcharged powerplant (I did all the other mods first and then went with the minimal roll that got me the power I needed)
2. G3 Dirty Drives (don't have access to Palin yet and I've read the G3's are kinda the sweet spot on the Vulture)
3. G4 Increased Range FSD (got me to right at 19ly so thats better than my Corvette)
4. G3 Weapons Focused Power Dist. (I actually rolled a G4 weapons focused PD too... I liked the G3 WF better... If I ever find some exquisite focus crystals, I'll likely re-roll this one)
5. G1 Lightweight 4A Sensors
6. 2x G5 Rapid Fire Pulses
7. G5 Therm Resistant Bi-Weaves
8. A few G3 Shield Boosters (I have the recipes crafted for G5's but don't have access to Vaterman yet)

WHEW!! So, that's about it!

BTW - I named the ship 'Doc Holliday'. You know -- "I have two guns. One for each of ya!"

Any Vulture fans 'round here? Or is it big ships or gtfo?

RK

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Xebeth wrote:Well that's Marco Qwent done, was lucky and had 20 Modular Terminals by the invite, and the remaining shortly afterwards. Now it's time to hunt unknown fragments for Professor Palin.

Those are a sinch.
Just 15 ( HIP 17862 6 C A 30.32, -98.58 ) or so ly from maia there's a crashed tharg with three UA's.
Shoot the UA's and collect the bits, they are material so you get three per, and each UA drops two pieces.

If you need more just reset instance and repeat.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:16 am

Rylo Ken wrote:So... Something I'd been pondering for a while (I own the big three ships and that combat play gets really boring for me a lot of the time). So I broke out the A-rated Vulture during this CG... OH MY WORD!! This game has just given me the most enjoyment I've had in it since I started (November 2016). Different strokes, of course and YMMV -- all that jazz. Apparently, I'm a small craft fighter kinda guy.

At any rate, while the Vulture is A-rated I knew there was more performance in there somewhere. I decided to take a little break from the bounty hunting at the current CG out yonder towards Maia and put in some engineer time for the Vulture.

Here's what I got done today:
1. G4 overcharged powerplant (I did all the other mods first and then went with the minimal roll that got me the power I needed)
2. G3 Dirty Drives (don't have access to Palin yet and I've read the G3's are kinda the sweet spot on the Vulture)
3. G4 Increased Range FSD (got me to right at 19ly so thats better than my Corvette)
4. G3 Weapons Focused Power Dist. (I actually rolled a G4 weapons focused PD too... I liked the G3 WF better... If I ever find some exquisite focus crystals, I'll likely re-roll this one)
5. G1 Lightweight 4A Sensors
6. 2x G5 Rapid Fire Pulses
7. G5 Therm Resistant Bi-Weaves
8. A few G3 Shield Boosters (I have the recipes crafted for G5's but don't have access to Vaterman yet)

WHEW!! So, that's about it!

BTW - I named the ship 'Doc Holliday'. You know -- "I have two guns. One for each of ya!"

Any Vulture fans 'round here? Or is it big ships or gtfo?

RK

I am totally a Vulture fan, it flies like a sword.
I am keeping my Vulture forever ... and ever .... and ever ... :)
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:17 am

After investing some time into passenger transport missions with my good-for-everything AspX, I decided to go for a small-good-for-1-thing Dolphin, prep'ed for long jumps with enough shields to escape from pirates.

I am having fun as a glorified bus driver and getting paid 1MCr on some missions. Sweet.
I also get to know the galaxy as well. Win-win happiness :)
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:12 pm

TorTorden wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Well that's Marco Qwent done, was lucky and had 20 Modular Terminals by the invite, and the remaining shortly afterwards. Now it's time to hunt unknown fragments for Professor Palin.

Those are a sinch.
Just 15 ( HIP 17862 6 C A 30.32, -98.58 ) or so ly from maia there's a crashed tharg with three UA's.
Shoot the UA's and collect the bits, they are material so you get three per, and each UA drops two pieces.

If you need more just reset instance and repeat.

Why thank you sir, you are a gent :D

Return to “General Discussion”