Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Greylock3491 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 am

Took my SLF out to a Science Station and Fed Cap Ship dock with a couple of friends to check them out - lots of laughs and fun just fooling around

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Doing some BGS practising in a godforsaken part of the bubble. Took my FDL 300+ LY out to the edge of human space and seeing for myself how the simulation works and how I affect it.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 pm

64 Arietis is the system I used to move short jump ships to then it was approx 10 jumps from there to Maia.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Started spinning up an alt account while my main is coming back to the bubble. The new player experience with the "Horizon Commander" is rather poor. The jump range of a startwinder is not all that great to begin with, and if you add the 2H planetary hangar, it drops to almost nothing. Of the 400 billion star systems in the galaxy, I can reach maybe 10, and finding missions to them is challenging. So the only thing to do is hit the RES sites.

Well-balanced game there, FD </sarcasm>
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Cometborne wrote:Started spinning up an alt account while my main is coming back to the bubble. The new player experience with the "Horizon Commander" is rather poor. The jump range of a startwinder is not all that great to begin with, and if you add the 2H planetary hangar, it drops to almost nothing. Of the 400 billion star systems in the galaxy, I can reach maybe 10, and finding missions to them is challenging. So the only thing to do is hit the RES sites.

When I started my 2nd account a few months ago, I had different luck than you. I was able to get a few decent missions that the starter Sidie could run, and made enough for a higher level FSD within 30 minutes or so. Then I left the area, just doing one mission after another until I got to where I wanted to be.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:04 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Cometborne wrote:Started spinning up an alt account while my main is coming back to the bubble. The new player experience with the "Horizon Commander" is rather poor. The jump range of a startwinder is not all that great to begin with, and if you add the 2H planetary hangar, it drops to almost nothing. Of the 400 billion star systems in the galaxy, I can reach maybe 10, and finding missions to them is challenging. So the only thing to do is hit the RES sites.

When I started my 2nd account a few months ago, I had different luck than you. I was able to get a few decent missions that the starter Sidie could run, and made enough for a higher level FSD within 30 minutes or so. Then I left the area, just doing one mission after another until I got to where I wanted to be.

Ditto. I recently cleared my save. Back in the Sidey, having a blast, I ran data missions and sniped some kills in a res and had more credits than I knew what to do with before I knew it. I stayed in that Sidey for about 5 weeks, and made about 80 million, before switching to a T-6 out in Colonia. Now I can make 4-5 million/hr running missions, or about half that mining.
It's time to give this another go.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Bought 4A Fixed Beams and replaced the MCs on vette today. Before you start thinking I am godlike with my aim, the beams are meant to be used by my AI Crewman while I use the SLF :D. Of course I dropped by Broo Tarquin for grade 5 efficient weapon tuning, these things are very power hungry and produce a lot of heat.

Since OoM is at war in Cardea again I will refit the MCs plus all my heavy armor on the vette and come to join the fight!

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:51 pm

blazingmaniac wrote:64 Arietis is the system I used to move short jump ships to then it was approx 10 jumps from there to Maia.

Thanks, this is exactly where I relocated my ships to :)

Veeblefetzer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Veeblefetzer

Postby Veeblefetzer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:33 am

Sitting in Rafferty's Mobius waiting for my acceptance to the private group "Mobius PVE" and wondering how the hell up to 20k players can dock in here without a month long traffic jam!?!?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 am

Picked up a single skimmer kill mission for 7.9 million last night. Not bad for 15 minutes work.

I don't expect mondays beta release to be very stable, so I am probably going to spend more time in main game unlocking more engineers. I have 3 left to unlock.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “General Discussion”