Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Getting annoyed with the bugs. Just a couple of days ago self destructed my ship because a passenger mission bugged. Took the mission but only got the passengers and not the mission itself. Waited 3 days for the ticket before pushing the button and fixing it myself.

Well just now I took a regular hauling mission. When I took it, the mission failed right away and messed up the whole mission board so that I had to relog. No need to self destruct on this one, but instead of making money I am losing money.

Maybe I should just leave both mission boards alone and figure out something else to do.

Edit: Tried one more mission, the very same happened. That's the last nail on the coffin.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Darkmoon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Captain Willard
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Darkmoon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 pm

That is the strangest ever. I've done over 200 passenger missions without a fail and never had an instant fail mission from week 1. I've seen this posted on forums before and thats really got to suck.

JohnGazman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: I Garth v

Postby JohnGazman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Trying to make money. I've got an AspX configured for Cargo (as well as a few lower end ships, just in case) and i'm aiming to have a Conda by the end of March. Pickings are slim, however; rarely do I see a Haulage mission for 800k or more.

Not ready to commit to Passenger missions yet; too comfortable with the systems i'm in, and even a 32mil payday isn't enough to make me go 1000ly just yet.
"Adios, you damn fool."

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Paid the price for pushing my luck transporting criminals in my poorly shielded, unarmed AspX. The love of money is the route of re-buy screens, hay ho.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Maybe I should just leave both mission boards alone and figure out something else to do.

Edit: Tried one more mission, the very same happened. That's the last nail on the coffin.

Man, I don't know what to tell you. I've been running missions like crazy for the last couple of weeks with no issues whatsoever. Weird.

JohnGazman wrote:Trying to make money. I've got an AspX configured for Cargo (as well as a few lower end ships, just in case) and i'm aiming to have a Conda by the end of March. Pickings are slim, however; rarely do I see a Haulage mission for 800k or more.

Not ready to commit to Passenger missions yet; too comfortable with the systems i'm in, and even a 32mil payday isn't enough to make me go 1000ly just yet.

You don't need to go 1000 ly out on passenger missions to make good money. I've done a bunch of them recently, all in the 100-250ly range with 2-3 stops, making $5-12mil per run. It might be worth a look. Your Asp would do a good job of it, with a class 6 cabin. I'd have a first class and business class cabin stored at the station if I were you, so you can swap it out depending on the needs of the missions available at the time.

Xebeth wrote:Paid the price for pushing my luck transporting criminals in my poorly shielded, unarmed AspX. The love of money is the route of re-buy screens, hay ho.

That sucks bud. I've lost a few ships that way. Although, I did pull off several criminal passenger missions in my conda last week. It's amazing that silent running through the slot in that big fat beast defeats a scan. (or... at least I got lucky a few times). But, I've lost a few Belugas to station fire for undesirables on-board. I recently built a passenger smuggler Cobra for those 'special clients'. It boosts at about 530m/sec. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnGazman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: I Garth v

Postby JohnGazman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 pm

JohnLuke wrote:You don't need to go 1000 ly out on passenger missions to make good money. I've done a bunch of them recently, all in the 100-250ly range with 2-3 stops, making $5-12mil per run. It might be worth a look. Your Asp would do a good job of it, with a class 6 cabin. I'd have a first class and business class cabin stored at the station if I were you, so you can swap it out depending on the needs of the missions available at the time.

I actually have a Class 6 First Class Cabin at one station, but i've yet to see these good passenger missions people talk about - right now, at a Tourism station, I can see a few missions offering 5-20 million for trips with around 1000ly destination, one for 2 mil with two stops and a max distance of 148ly (they're also a criminal, so that ain't happening), and a bunch of little missions that aren't worth it. Conversely, i've got a Haulage mission of less than 20ly for hauling Biowaste for 500k, plus an extra mission to the same station for 70k. These Tourism stations seem to be really good for haulage missions, if you don't mind Biowaste.

I've only done one passenger mission so far - what's the deal with "Satisfaction"? Does it reduce how much you get paid at the end, or do you just not get bonuses?
"Adios, you damn fool."

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

I've been running my tourist missions out of a high-tech station. Maybe the selection is different at a tourist station? I am friendly/allied with most of the local factions, and see $4mil +, 2-3 hop tourist missions even from the friendly factions quite often.

If a passenger is happy all is good, if he drops to miserable the mission is over. If that tourist is sensitive to being scanned (usually celebrities and some others) and you get scanned, it will reduce their happiness. Just be wary of what can cause a reduction of their happiness before you accept the mission, so you know what you're dealing with. BTW, I always ignore their requests for food, booze, etc. Just don't "X" out of the request in your in-box. leave it there until the mission is over and it won't negatively impact their happiness.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 pm

What few passenger missions I have done I have mostly done in the clipper.
It's actually quite good, with modded fsd off my asp x, I get nearly 29ly out of a mostly a rated build, a class 6 first class cabin and the ace in the hole, the 7A fuel scoop :)

The thrusters aren't modded in anyway, but get about 400ms boost.

As for satisfaction I don't really think it matters until they freak out enough to actually eject.
I hade one client who was miserable since I first left station because I got scanned in the toaster rack.
Still paid the 20 mil.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:47 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Man, I don't know what to tell you. I've been running missions like crazy for the last couple of weeks with no issues whatsoever. Weird.

To be fair, passenger missions have been working well apart from the one that bugged out. But todays regular missions really were weird. I took 4 missions in total, first two had no problems. Third failed immediately and I had to relog to make mission board usable. After relog I cleared the remnants of that mission and discarded the cargo (as it was now marked stolen and no black market on that station). Then took the fourth one that did the exact same thing.

Maybe I'll try again, and if it still misbehaves, then start poking FD with a question / bug report.
Too bad I did not have OBS recording when it happened, I'll be sure to start it before I try again.

JohnLuke wrote:BTW, I always ignore their requests for food, booze, etc. Just don't "X" out of the request in your in-box. leave it there until the mission is over and it won't negatively impact their happiness.

This is a great tip, thanks!
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:58 pm

I did Cargo/Mission/Ranking at Libeze, Lyulka Beacon, Kaiakul, Barlowe Station, down to Iota Tucanae, Barr Mines a couple jumps over are Wikmung, Vess Terminal, Bende, Somayaji Station, Padh, Merritt Hub and HIP 5488, Smooth Vision, the last four System are all connected with Cargo Missions and Passgeners runs, and easy to Stack depending on Repuation. Worked Anja Systen then He Bo Alliance space. Not a bad working area, has RES and conflist zones, better since the last Update.

Padh, Merrti Hub (232s)INDEP, went Anarchy a couple days back. Wikmung, Vess Terminal (6ls) Empire has good payments for Cargo/Passgener into Merrtit Hub (13.38LY) and Hip 5488 (14.76LY) Smooth Vision (2275ls) INDEP, LOW Secirity, both also have good runs into Bende (14.47LY) Somayaji Station (32.02ls) and planet Wafa Enterprise (32.08LS) INDEP. All have longer runs to.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”