Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Geopan, from what I've seen, most assasination missions have a specific time window of when the NPC will spawn. It's easy to miss it the mission details.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Loriath wrote:2 nights ago, while collecting items for the Engineers, I lost my Cobra for the First Time.

It was my Original Cobra that I bought as a move up from my Sidewinder after I cleared my save last August. That Cobra had been instrumental in my Smuggling Career and made me a few hundred million credits. I lost it to an Elite Courier that I just couldn't get away from. I had always been able to run away or fight the smaller ships and keep it safe. That Ended when Amelia's Legacy was destroyed.

To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was very attached to Amelia. I returned to Founders world in a Cobra that was not Amelia.

So I planned my next move. Out of that was born The Right Hand of Vengeance. I left with cargo on board and headed back to Deciat and parked up for the night.

Last night, I started a long (236ly) journey to Engineer Elvira. With some cargo to act as bait on-board, The Right Hand of Vengeance made its way through the stars. I arrived intact, not once did my shields go down. I left 5 ships so far in my wake. An Elite Gunship, 2 Deadly Diamonback Scouts, an Elite Aps Scout, and a Master Courier. They all died and provided me with small satisfaction and components and credits.

It's mission is far from over. I will consider it over when it has paid for Amelia thrice over in blood and credits and my anger has subsided.

► Show Spoiler

Told ya he was fun to fly with......

Sheesh talk about moan.......

:D

On a serious note...This game in it's current incarnation is pissing us all off......I cannot go anywhere without being interdicted....

Last night took off from planetary base.......Just outta orbital....Boom...Wing of 2 scouts...Low rank thank fook.....Sent them packing....

First jump......Boom......Dangerous FGS......Run.......

Every 2nd jump.......Boom.....Interdiction....

Deadly Cobra MkIV......Got the bast at a cost.......

Clipper with the "Impulse attack".......Just got out of that.....

And so it continued......

Presumably because I'm carrying engineers shite......

I need a drop off storage point for this shit.....Because this is getting fucking ridiculous......Even on planets I'm getting attacked.....

And If I lose my Asp......There will be a "Left Hand of vengeance"

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Just landed at Obsidian Orbital after hurrying up the return from my exploration trip, and got the usual shock after doing 250 jump and about 15 MLs in SC: hull at 98% (don't read forum posts while jumping), but only 29% ship integrity left. Of course, this might just as well have been the hectic run back (31 jumps, 8 systems fully scanned, rest ADS-honked, in 45 minutes). Oh well, all it takes is a touch of paint :evil:

Now off to Azrael to dump off a quarter million in barnacle scan data and swap to the long range ASP, then to two RNGneers to level up by selling scan data, then to the exploration CG to sell the rest there, then to Apathaam to pick up the Cobra, and then to Cardea and the war.

I am starting to feel like I am in some kind of galactic pinball machine...
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:I need a drop off storage point for this shit.....Because this is getting fucking ridiculous

Doesn't anybody in the A-Team have a second account, or is willing to buy one? Fly the second account in his start sidewinder to your normal area of operations, dump him enough valuable cargo so he can buy some kind of depot ship, and then use that second account as the storage point for all of you.

Cmdr Kharma wrote:And If I lose my Asp......There will be a "Left Hand of vengeance"

If there is, go and pile them up like cordwood.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:20 pm

More upgrades to the corvette, managed to get corrosive rounds effect on the large MC and incendary rounds on one of the mediums.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:02 pm

VictoriaG wrote:More upgrades to the corvette, managed to get corrosive rounds effect on the large MC and incendary rounds on one of the mediums.

I assume at some point we will see NPCs posting on the forum about their insta-deaths :D ;)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Xebeth wrote:I assume at some point we will see NPCs posting on the forum about their insta-deaths :D ;)

NPCs? I'm more concerned about Imperial authorities calling foul because their capitals are under-powered O.o
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 am

Hello,
Tried the CZ with my Python.
1st round, bugged out with 49% hull after one kill. Second round teamed up with CMDR Ogrewookie and CMDR Judson, and basically cleared the board. Well, that was until a new wave hit.
CZs used to be dangerous enough but with theses new AI it seems to have gotten even more dangerous. Previously in CZs, a few AIs would focus on you but you could deal with them by killing them or by running. Now they focus on you, you immediately run. It was fun teaming up, but fighting in a CZ left me more exhausted than happy.
Will probably head in again with my Corvette tonight. Just to help the Order. But not really finding this fun.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:06 am

Sevin Church wrote:I've been wanting to make that trek, was going to do it before the engineers update. Decided to wait till I get my Cutter and then buy back the rest of my fleet to upgrade one of them.

Well, I'm out at the Seagull Nebula in my Cutter on the Crab Nebula Expedition right now. With a mediocre roll on a level 5 FSD range increase, and even in a nigh-respectable combat build, I get 25ly jump range now. 4 medium pulse turrets, 2 large and 1 huge multicannon, A8 powerplant, A8 thrusters, A rated FSD and distributor, 8 class A shield boosters, and 6 SRVs. I definitely did not cut weight to get higher jump range.

So, you may not need to use a different ship to make the trip.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:08 am

No, no you did not lol.

Return to “General Discussion”