Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Added level 4 weapons focused distributer and managed to roll thermal shock effects on the huge beams, red beams of death!

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote: Can't even change ships w/ cargo. :?

You can now, if you have enough storage in the ship you are changing to.

Really? Last time I tried I had to sell everything first, but that was a couple months ago. Good to know. :)
It's time to give this another go.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:14 am

VictoriaG wrote:Added level 4 weapons focused distributer and managed to roll thermal shock effects on the huge beams, red beams of death!

Nice :). I'm waiting for the update which will allow secondary effects to be "bought" from the RNGineer.

Was trying to level up rep with the faction that will give me an invite to Liz Ryder. Took 2 low level missions to the same target system which was 2.8ly away. Hit the target system and "Good thing I found you first...". Intradicted. Elite FDL. WTF!
Ok. Turned around and opened fire. Waiting for FSD cool down. Ended up in a duel. Had him down to 70% hull, me at 72%. He decides to try and wake out. Big mistake. Lady Jayne easily mass locks the FDL and I pump round after round of multi Canon fire. After awhile, Boom!!! 260k cr reward. After that no more intradictions for all the other missions I ran in the system.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:45 am

2 nights ago, while collecting items for the Engineers, I lost my Cobra for the First Time.

It was my Original Cobra that I bought as a move up from my Sidewinder after I cleared my save last August. That Cobra had been instrumental in my Smuggling Career and made me a few hundred million credits. I lost it to an Elite Courier that I just couldn't get away from. I had always been able to run away or fight the smaller ships and keep it safe. That Ended when Amelia's Legacy was destroyed.

To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was very attached to Amelia. I returned to Founders world in a Cobra that was not Amelia.

So I planned my next move. Out of that was born The Right Hand of Vengeance. I left with cargo on board and headed back to Deciat and parked up for the night.

Last night, I started a long (236ly) journey to Engineer Elvira. With some cargo to act as bait on-board, The Right Hand of Vengeance made its way through the stars. I arrived intact, not once did my shields go down. I left 5 ships so far in my wake. An Elite Gunship, 2 Deadly Diamonback Scouts, an Elite Aps Scout, and a Master Courier. They all died and provided me with small satisfaction and components and credits.

It's mission is far from over. I will consider it over when it has paid for Amelia thrice over in blood and credits and my anger has subsided.

► Show Spoiler
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 am

Loriath wrote:I will consider it over when it has paid for Amelia thrice over in blood and credits and my anger has subsided.

Sounds like your exploration mission is going to be delayed. My condolences for your loss.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:00 am

Hello,
I've actually lost my first cobra, Flamestrike, a number of times. I finally ended up selling her for my Lady Jayne.
In fact, at one point or another I've lost every ship I've flown. Either due to arrogance or sheer stupidity. Including my Cuttet and Corvette. And this was pre 2.1. So I know how it feels to loose your ship.

Have fun, with your vengeance. Here's to hoping that it brings you plenty of credits and materials. o7

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:51 am

I have been wandering aimlessly the last few days. At first, I was searching for modular terminals, as many other if I recall correctly, but then I got fed up and started to do random missions. Some data delivery, haulage, a little mining. Yesterday I tried after a long time assassinations which I was rather reluctant to do previously, for known reasons. Hopped in my trusty Python...

What I found out is that the deadline of 24 hours is incorrect. I picked up the missions around 12:00 game time, switched off and restarted at 20:00. When I reached the target system a message appeared in the communication tab, stating that I had missed my "window of opportunity" which was from 17:45 to 18:10. I can't recall if this was noted in the mission board page. I distinctively remember the 23hrs 59min.

I returned to the original system and this time I found two missions for pirate hunting. One was asking for 10 pirates of Cemiess faction A (can't remember) and the other 13 of faction B. I took the lesser number since It was late already.

Jumped in Cemiess made a circuit between the stations and guess what, a lot of faction B ships popped up, none of faction A. I got to the nav beacon, scanned and I got the usual message which in short said "go look around randomly and maybe you will find something".

Circuit again, nothing. Nav beacon again I got 4 out of the 10 wanted and then it stopped spawning wanted ships altogether. Went to the nearest station, rearmed and headed back to the Nav beacon. This time I was pitted against a wing of 4 Kumos and a wing of 2 or 3 Enforcers, who started shooting me simultaneously. There was an Anaconda because I was mass locked for quite a while and got away wit 63% hull, damaged thrusters at 53%, 2 damaged bursts, one inoperable chaff launcher, etc, etc. I think that the military armor and the hull reinforcements saved my ass.

That's when the game started trolling me... On my way back for repairs, faction A's ships spawned every 5 seconds!!! I got two of them Pythons, after prolonged maneuvering fights, who didn't shoot me once although they had plenty of opportunities... Also, the cops never made their appearance... The third Python (again!!!) evaded me in the interdiction. And that was that. Logged off, tried to sleep and I found that I couldn't.

Where is the fun, I wonder...

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:59 pm

You guys sound like you're having a ton of fun, I am just making money doing the CG event for conductive fabrics. Only interdicted twice, mines finished them off as I kept waiting for my FSD to cool down.

CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Reaper

Postby CMDR Reaper » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:27 pm

I got a grade 5 FSD upgrade on my Asp yesterday. Today I'm heading out to Beagle Point.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I've been wanting to make that trek, was going to do it before the engineers update. Decided to wait till I get my Cutter and then buy back the rest of my fleet to upgrade one of them.

Return to “General Discussion”