Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Geopan » Tue May 31, 2016 9:31 am

After a lot of damage bills, a few insurance screens (thank God small ships only) , a lot of SRV roaming I gave up and stripped my Anaconda from its Shield Cell Banks and replaced them with cargo racks. A new personal target to reach 200 mil in cash and along the way I may change to my Asp and take a few rides in an SRV and find the Arsenic thingie (I hope she chokes on it) to improve my FSD.

If however anyone is looking for a wingman for any kind of activity I am in. :D

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Tue May 31, 2016 1:11 pm

I have my ship pimped out fairly nicely after this weekend, but I'm also down about 180 million credits, 90 of which being rebuys. (that's only 3 deaths for me.). First time was totally my fault, killing the wrong guy at a nav beacon and having the cops all over me. Last time was for standing and fighting against an anaconda. He was beat within an inch of his life, but I was beat further.

I have been gearing up for an exploration expedition, and got my cutter's unladen jump range up to 24.39ly with a level 4 fsd upgrade, but that may have to suffice. I think I need to return to imperial space and trade my way back to a decent bank account this week. Here's hoping that is still profitable after 2.1. What I mean by that is that I either don't get interdicted much, or that running away actually works. When I did robigo runs a while back, I had npcs chase me for 100ly, and if they get you in-system, it is an infinite interdiction loop that keeps pulling you back, making it literally impossible to get to a station. I used to just kill them all. Now, it seems too expensive to try.

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Schmobius wrote:I have my ship pimped out fairly nicely after this weekend, but I'm also down about 180 million credits, 90 of which being rebuys. (that's only 3 deaths for me.). First time was totally my fault, killing the wrong guy at a nav beacon and having the cops all over me. Last time was for standing and fighting against an anaconda. He was beat within an inch of his life, but I was beat further.

I have been gearing up for an exploration expedition, and got my cutter's unladen jump range up to 24.39ly with a level 4 fsd upgrade, but that may have to suffice. I think I need to return to imperial space and trade my way back to a decent bank account this week. Here's hoping that is still profitable after 2.1. What I mean by that is that I either don't get interdicted much, or that running away actually works. When I did robigo runs a while back, I had npcs chase me for 100ly, and if they get you in-system, it is an infinite interdiction loop that keeps pulling you back, making it literally impossible to get to a station. I used to just kill them all. Now, it seems too expensive to try.

What time-zone are you and what are your in game hours? It seems we are having similar goals, so a wing could be feasible. An Anaconda and a Cutter may be more of a handful for the AI ... I think... I hope... ok,ok I pray!

Mongorians
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Mongorians

Postby Mongorians » Tue May 31, 2016 1:39 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Mongorians wrote:CMDR's,

I am currently trying to figure a decent way to level up my federation rank towards my end goal of attaining a Vette. The problem is I have no real idea how to level up my rank with the faction. Any help or reference would be greatly appreciated.

CMDR Mongorians

You used to be able to go out to 17 Draconis and just throw money at the charity missions, but this may well have been removed with the update.

Basically just keep running mission for federation minor factions.

From what I have been told by those who have returned to see if this is still a viable way of gaining rank is that it is absolutely not. Instead of it being cheap it is now in the hundreds of thousands and returning much less reputation gain.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm

I will sell one of my pythons and buy a clipper without guns and some cargo apace to do cargo and stuff. Just so i can get some money back and clipper can run!

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Tue May 31, 2016 2:45 pm

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue May 31, 2016 2:58 pm

VictoriaG wrote:They are removing mods from npcs:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=257892

Finally a meaningful update from a dev. It seems they did realize that what they did is overkill for a lot of people. Not everyone is combat oriented either and they need to take it also into account. Anyway, it's been discussed to the death already, I am just happy with these news.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue May 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Geopan wrote:
Schmobius wrote:I have my ship pimped out fairly nicely after this weekend, but I'm also down about 180 million credits, 90 of which being rebuys. (that's only 3 deaths for me.). First time was totally my fault, killing the wrong guy at a nav beacon and having the cops all over me. Last time was for standing and fighting against an anaconda. He was beat within an inch of his life, but I was beat further.

What time-zone are you and what are your in game hours? It seems we are having similar goals, so a wing could be feasible. An Anaconda and a Cutter may be more of a handful for the AI ... I think... I hope... ok,ok I pray!

I would be up for a trade wing. I'm in Chicago, brobably playing around 7-11pm tonight. Think I'm GMT - 6 hours.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue May 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Yay! I need a gif of Kermit the frog flailing his arms with joy.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue May 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Well ... that explains my 15 fold increase in insurance over just the past 4 hours of gaming. ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “General Discussion”