CMDR: White_Buffalo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby OLd_Sarg » Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Orkekum wrote:
DroppDreadd wrote:
Orkekum wrote:

so you can say "i was there!"

for .22Ly without jumping i want that on a giant flag on top my asp, or a steam achievement

at 1,805c just more 2 million Ls left!

i would love a hutton mug decal :D

^^ mug decal ^^ I would go there for that! :mrgreen:

thankfully you don't have to fly back to the nav beacon to jump out of the system :shock:

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri May 13, 2016 3:56 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:
charlie2alpha wrote:Didn't play Elite at all yesterday, taking a break from extreme combat burnout. I think now it's the time to do some silly stuff, like trying to go to Hutton orbital for the hell of it! Next item on the list, visit SOL, have the permit ever since I finished the corvette permit grind but never went near it!

Sight seeing time!

Come out and join the Rift hunt. ;)

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Rift hunt? Can you elaborate?

Hi Charlie,
This is as much info as I know:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=239212

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Re: RE: Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Gorf » Fri May 13, 2016 7:05 pm

thebs wrote:
Gorf wrote:My understanding from the original wording of the wings update was that to share a discovery, both explorers need to be in the system during a detailed scan of a body. Only the first to sell the data gets the discovery bonus credits, but both CMDRs get their name against the discovery once the data is sold. One of the tests I have planned will check if both CMDRs need to sell the data before both get the credit. It's a bit ambiguous on that point, or whether they even need to be in the same instance/system at the point of sale.

If I wasn't in the middle of the CGs, I'd offer myself. But if you haven't found anyone by Thursday, hit me up. I suspect you will.

Keep me in mind if you want to do the half-way tour as a result.

Son has said he's busy this weekend (he's revising for A Level mocks) so if you're stll up for testing this theory, let me know.

I'm on the Euro group and will be going online in about two hours (10pm Fri my time). I'm about 500ly from BZ Ceti. I've got four candidate, undiscovered systems. At least I assume they are undiscovered - I dropped in on the main star and each showed no name against it.

The plan is for my wingman to honk and scan system 1, with me in a different system (as a control).
They honk and scan the next three systems with me there as well.

On return to a station where we can sell the data, my wingman sells half of system 2 with me in a different system. The other half gets sold with me in supercruise in the same system. I drop into an instance by myself for the sale of half of system 3's data. Then I drop into the same instance as my wingman for the sales of system 1 and the remainder of system 3. System 4 - I sell one planet, just to see what happens. The rest is reserved for unforeseen problems.

If I've missed any useful permutations, let me know. Bear in mind that I've not done any scans myself: Some of these may be a star only, so the sale plan may need to be varied according to what we find.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Fri May 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Gorf wrote:
thebs wrote:
Gorf wrote:My understanding from the original wording of the wings update was that to share a discovery, both explorers need to be in the system during a detailed scan of a body. Only the first to sell the data gets the discovery bonus credits, but both CMDRs get their name against the discovery once the data is sold. One of the tests I have planned will check if both CMDRs need to sell the data before both get the credit. It's a bit ambiguous on that point, or whether they even need to be in the same instance/system at the point of sale.
If I wasn't in the middle of the CGs, I'd offer myself. But if you haven't found anyone by Thursday, hit me up. I suspect you will.
Keep me in mind if you want to do the half-way tour as a result.
Son has said he's busy this weekend (he's revising for A Level mocks) so if you're stll up for testing this theory, let me know.

I'm on the Euro group and will be going online in about two hours (10pm Fri my time).
Ack, I'm on US Eastern, and won't be getting home until late, around 0200 UTC. Yeah, one of those sick Americans that love working extra hours at my clients, although that's how I'm able to post here at times during the day too.

However, after that I'm pretty much open on any time all weekend, no kids and wife is busy this weekend.

So let me know if you don't get anyone, and I'll see about rejoining the European group (Mobius). I used to see more people on in that group, than the American (Mobius PvE), so I might ask to switch back. Or we can just use our own private group instead.

Gorf wrote:I'm about 500ly from BZ Ceti. I've got four candidate, undiscovered systems. At least I assume they are undiscovered - I dropped in on the main star and each showed no name against it.

The plan is for my wingman to honk and scan system 1, with me in a different system (as a control).
They honk and scan the next three systems with me there as well.

On return to a station where we can sell the data, my wingman sells half of system 2 with me in a different system. The other half gets sold with me in supercruise in the same system. I drop into an instance by myself for the sale of half of system 3's data. Then I drop into the same instance as my wingman for the sales of system 1 and the remainder of system 3. System 4 - I sell one planet, just to see what happens. The rest is reserved for unforeseen problems.

If I've missed any useful permutations, let me know. Bear in mind that I've not done any scans myself: Some of these may be a star only, so the sale plan may need to be varied according to what we find.
This is all a learning exercise for myself too, so I'm not really looking for any credit (after all, you found them). I still don't have a star to my credit, but many planets the one time I headed out around the coal sack.

I hope you find someone. And if not, let me know in about 6 hours (0200 UTC). I'll hop on, quickly grab an Asp Explorer and head over. Worst case I'll fly over just shy of the systems to join you on my own, and then we'll wing up and finish the job the next time we can get on together.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Fri May 13, 2016 7:55 pm

As far as I know and tested, during DWE, all wing meMyers have to be in the same system for "first discovery" tag. I do not know what goes for the bonus of first discovery though, since the other members of the wing haven't returned from Beagle yet.

ImageScreenshot_0000 by Cmdr Ger Panagon, on Flickr

thebs
Master
Master

Postby thebs » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Geopan wrote:As far as I know and tested, during DWE, all wing meMyers have to be in the same system for "first discovery" tag. I do not know what goes for the bonus of first discovery though, since the other members of the wing haven't returned from Beagle yet.

ImageScreenshot_0000 by Cmdr Ger Panagon, on Flickr

Yep, hence why I wasn't going to hit the system until I'm winged up with him. But if I fly just shy of it, and then wing up later to jump in and scan it, I think it will all work out for everyone.

Disclaimer: Please excuse any grammar, pathetic typos, or satanic versus known as "auto-correct" as this was posted via Tapatalk from my budget Honor 5X
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Gorf
Master
Master

Postby Gorf » Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 pm

thebs wrote:I hope you find someone. And if not, let me know in about 6 hours (0200 UTC). I'll hop on, quickly grab an Asp Explorer and head over. Worst case I'll fly over just shy of the systems to join you on my own, and then we'll wing up and finish the job the next time we can get on together.

Turns out I'm only 384 ly from BZ Ceti (22 jumps in my ship, probably fewer in an asp, and can probably be done on a tankful of petrol too). My ship is currently an ice cube with only life support running. I'll stay put in open, if you're docked or somewhere safe and go into open to look at the GalMap, you'll see where I am.

At the moment, I'm subscribed to Mobius Euro, but if you're not subscribed we can just do this test in open. We're very unlikely to meet anyone outside of the bubble, and even inside the bubble, we probably won't get any hassle before we get to a system with a station.

It sounds like all the main test requirements have already been looked into by Geopan though - it sounds like we definitely have to be in the same system to get the shared find, and we can see how it looks on the galaxy map from the screen dump. The shared find appears to be credited when the data is first sold, so the wingmen don't need to be present at the point of sale. Are you still up for the trip?

thebs
Master
Master

Postby thebs » Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Gorf wrote:Turns out I'm only 384 ly from BZ Ceti (22 jumps in my ship, probably fewer in an asp, and can probably be done on a tankful of petrol too).
Well, I could just fly my Python over. It does up to 20ly jumps. I just need to grab a decent Fuel Scoop, maybe a few other components for safe measure (like an extra heatsink launcher, plus an auto-repair). I already have the Advanced+Detail Scanners, and everything else.

Gorf wrote:My ship is currently an ice cube with only life support running. I'll stay put in open, if you're docked or somewhere safe and go into open to look at the GalMap, you'll see where I am.
I'm thinking of heading home early tonight, and coming back the weekend to work.

Gorf wrote:At the moment, I'm subscribed to Mobius Euro, but if you're not subscribed we can just do this test in open. We're very unlikely to meet anyone outside of the bubble, and even inside the bubble, we probably won't get any hassle before we get to a system with a station.
Or ... we can just create our own private group. It's just named after the CMDR who creates it. CMDR KLED and I did that as we were in different Mobius groups as well.

Gorf wrote:It sounds like all the main test requirements have already been looked into by Geopan though - it sounds like we definitely have to be in the same system to get the shared find, and we can see how it looks on the galaxy map from the screen dump. The shared find appears to be credited when the data is first sold, so the wingmen don't need to be present at the point of sale. Are you still up for the trip?
Sure. I might shed the B Distributor and get a D again, as it ups my jump range by +2ly.

Give me 90 minutes and I should be home and on. I think I'll just drive the Python over after a few component changes. Depends on how far it is.

Gorf
Master
Master

Postby Gorf » Fri May 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Cool - see you then.

<Frantically looking for microphone now>

Gorf
Master
Master