Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Geopan » Tue May 10, 2016 6:22 am

Congratulations Pargy and thanks to all.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue May 10, 2016 11:07 am

charlie2alpha wrote:I was bounty hunting at Aerial and Asphodel with CMDR *AI* and CMDR Bonsaipanda. 11% to go for my elite combat rank!

Glad the three of you winged up! I know that you and Al are working hard on your combat rank, so winging will definitely help! :) Get it done before 2.1 comes out, guys. The NPC's take much longer to kill in beta due to their run tactics (which will be reduced in an upcoming patch, but not eliminated) and they've got some serious firepower too.

Congrs to Geopan and Pargy on Elite!! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue May 10, 2016 4:12 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
charlie2alpha wrote:I was bounty hunting at Aerial and Asphodel with CMDR *AI* and CMDR Bonsaipanda. 11% to go for my elite combat rank!

Glad the three of you winged up! I know that you and Al are working hard on your combat rank, so winging will definitely help! :) Get it done before 2.1 comes out, guys. The NPC's take much longer to kill in beta due to their run tactics (which will be reduced in an upcoming patch, but not eliminated) and they've got some serious firepower too.

Congrs to Geopan and Pargy on Elite!! 8-)

Thank you JL, you will be in Aerial soon?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue May 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Honestly, I'm a little burnt out on combat, Al. I'm going to be focusing on BB missions for OoM this week.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Re: RE: Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue May 10, 2016 5:09 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Honestly, I'm a little burnt out on combat, Al. I'm going to be focusing on BB missions for OoM this week.

Oh I know how you're feeling exactly... I'm optimistic I'll finish this tomorrow, after that no more combat for a while. I may start rehearsing explorer configurations for my anaconda instead.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue May 10, 2016 5:15 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Honestly, I'm a little burnt out on combat, Al. I'm going to be focusing on BB missions for OoM this week.

Know what you mean Jean-Luke. it does get a bit like shooting fish in pool

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm going to do a bit of testing with my son to see the conditions which yield a shared discoverer listing. I've scouted four undiscovered systems about 500ly from the bubble. As I already have elite explorer, I'm going to let him do the scans with me in or out of the systems, and with me in various places when the data is sold (out of system, in SC in-system, in-instance). I'll report back with whether it works as expected.

This is highly unlikely to happen in any game situation other than organised tourism such the A Team exploration run that is being planned.

I think the idea of doing this with his dad when he could be doing Battlefield with his mates is really bothering him, but he can't really say "no" otherwise he's sorting his own food out for the weekend. So if anyone fancies winging up and taking his place, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. :) 500ish ly from BZ Ceti...

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 pm

[quote="Gorf"]I'm going to do a bit of testing with my son to see the conditions which yield a shared discoverer listing. I've scouted four undiscovered systems about 500ly from the bubble. As I already have elite explorer, I'm going to let him do the scans with me in or out of the systems, and with me in various places when the data is sold (out of system, in SC in-system, in-instance). I'll report back with whether it works as expected.

This is highly unlikely to happen in any game situation other than organised tourism such the A Team exploration run that is being planned.

I think the idea of doing this with his dad when he could be doing Battlefield with his mates is really bothering him, but he can't really say "no" otherwise he's sorting his own food out for the weekend. So if anyone fancies winging up and taking his place, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. :) 500ish ly from BZ Ceti...[/quote]

depends on time zobes and work i am usually available for work if pay is alright, some exploration would not hurt. Also depends on which mobius you are in, original or pve. And when. Better times at weekends, this week shift ends in few minutes at 22

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue May 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Gorf wrote:I'm going to do a bit of testing with my son to see the conditions which yield a shared discoverer listing. I've scouted four undiscovered systems about 500ly from the bubble. As I already have elite explorer, I'm going to let him do the scans with me in or out of the systems, and with me in various places when the data is sold (out of system, in SC in-system, in-instance). I'll report back with whether it works as expected.

I think the idea of doing this with his dad when he could be doing Battlefield with his mates is really bothering him, but he can't really say "no" otherwise he's sorting his own food out for the weekend. So if anyone fancies winging up and taking his place, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. :) 500ish ly from BZ Ceti...
So, this is what I've been pondering.

If you heard me talk about it earlier (I'm just a lowly Trailblazer), I've wanted to ...
- Wing up with 2-3 other guys
- We get to a system, we detail surface scan different portions of it (in 3-4 different directions)
- We move on to the next system

The idea is that we each ...
- Get various credits for surface scan different portions of the system, regardless of who turns in when

But my question has been, on the system itself, not the various, detailed surface scans (that were divvied up) ...
- Who gets credit for the system discovery?

And if it's still the "first guy" to cash it in, could that be solved by cashing in our scans, 1 page at a time, round-robin, so some systems get "distributed"? Or is there a way for a wing to "share" the system discovery?

I'm more interested in lots of detailed surface scans of planets, as there are often planets that are undiscovered, and we can all scan in different directions, even if the system is. But in the end, the system name would be nice to "distribute" too.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue May 10, 2016 8:10 pm

thebs wrote:
Gorf wrote:I'm going to do a bit of testing with my son to see the conditions which yield a shared discoverer listing. I've scouted four undiscovered systems about 500ly from the bubble. As I already have elite explorer, I'm going to let him do the scans with me in or out of the systems, and with me in various places when the data is sold (out of system, in SC in-system, in-instance). I'll report back with whether it works as expected.

So, this is what I've been pondering.

If you heard me talk about it earlier (I'm just a lowly Trailblazer), I've wanted to ...
- Wing up with 2-3 other guys
- We get to a system, we detail surface scan different portions of it (in 3-4 different directions)
- We move on to the next system

The idea is that we each ...
- Get various credits for surface scan different portions of the system, regardless of who turns in when

But my question has been, on the system itself, not the various, detailed surface scans (that were divvied up) ...
- Who gets credit for the system discovery?

And if it's still the "first guy" to cash it in, could that be solved by cashing in our scans, 1 page at a time, round-robin, so some systems get "distributed"? Or is there a way for a wing to "share" the system discovery?

I'm more interested in lots of detailed surface scans of planets, as there are often planets that are undiscovered, and we can all scan in different directions, even if the system is. But in the end, the system name would be nice to "distribute" too.

Well there is no discovery on systems. First or other wise.
What most consider to be the systems "cherry" to be popped is the first star you jump in on.

But the system itself has nothing to be discovered.
You can only scan and discover the stars and planets in a system.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”