Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Jack Dunhill » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:41 pm

My banana got few new airholes in the CZ today :lol:

It sure was fun, thanks for the wing guys!

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Grinding my way up through the Imperial rank. 40% to go!
ImageImage

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:45 am

Gearing up for part 2 of the PP rank 5 insanity.

I bought a Python and set it up to be able to defend itself and be able to carry 200 tons of cargo.

I found a control system to fortify 2 jumps from L. Duval's HQ and I am parked there right now.

When I log in on Thursday I can start shuttling fortification supplies until my cash on hand, 95 million, runs out..ouch :(

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:38 am

http://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the LHS 3447 CG has reached tier 6 of the 8 goal levels possible. The minimum payout for delivering just one ton of metal is 600k credits. I don't expect this community drive to last the remaining 7 days left so if you've lost a ship and need to save up to replace it or are just accumulating funds to get a new shiny - then head out there to show your support.

Then you can join us in our final push to win the Exioce war this weekend :)

Fly safe all !

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:44 am

Black Rose wrote:Gearing up for part 2 of the PP rank 5 insanity.

I bought a Python and set it up to be able to defend itself and be able to carry 200 tons of cargo.

I found a control system to fortify 2 jumps from L. Duval's HQ and I am parked there right now.

When I log in on Thursday I can start shuttling fortification supplies until my cash on hand, 95 million, runs out..ouch :(

You make me so embarrassed about not even reaching rank 3 in PP yet :). Will buckle down to that after we've won the war.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:44 am

Black Rose wrote:Gearing up for part 2 of the PP rank 5 insanity.

If you have reached Rank 5 - you should only need to move around 5333 tons per cycle to stay there - just over 53M per cycle - I use this site to see how many Merits I need each cycle to stay at Rank 5.

http://athrael.net/content/ed/mc/

So you will 'only' need to spend around 53M this cycle :roll:

Which will equate to a net loss of 3M at the end of the cycle when you get your 50M wages :)

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Colin The Grey wrote:Which will equate to a net loss of 3M at the end of the cycle when you get your 50M wages :)

I am an "excessive compulsive" personality which has its upside and of course its downside.

The first time I saw Elite was when my Father played the original and I couldn't understand how the people stayed inside the spaceships. lol

Anyway my full time gaming partner started playing the original as well as the beta on the new one and he still plays. He kept hounding me to get it and I was reluctant as my twitch skills were never that good. It went on sale in Steam in October of last year and I got it. I put in a total of 10 hours for the 1st two months. I struggled with docking and the combat doing the training sections. My friend told me the only way to learn the game was to play it, and while the training sessions were ok to learn basics, the actual game was where it was at. I logged into our private group on December 1, 2015. As of today I have nearly 800 hours in Elite!

So that is a little background but more to the point :) Once I set my eyes on a goal it becomes part of me. I live, eat and sleep with that goal always on my mind. Now allot of us have "lives" and yes that big bright thing in the sky is actually a good thing :P

So as soon as I am awake, the 1st place I go to is my PC and I log into Elite. In this particular case I get my allotment of fortification supplies and then go do my usual routine. I check back and load up my next 50. So, while I am not actively playing, I am using the time to collect the supplies for free. I also get a perverse pleasure about killing transports and security ships :evil:

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:56 pm

More exploring. Finding a lot of unscanned stuff.

Captain Havok
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: havok_1991

Postby Captain Havok » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Little update from yesterday's post. I hopped over to the Xihe system to run around with the friendly neighborhood Redneck. Made 400-ish K in a nice little RES. working on getting a combat ship. The Viper is looking kinda nice. I'm liking the BH and that type of thing. Thinking that once I have a nicely kitted viper (or vulture, haven't decided when I'm gonna do it yet) I may hop over to open play and try my hand at some space piracy to start working towards my future FDL (their loss is my gain, right? ;)) If anyone else wants to partake in some less-than-scrupulous activities a little ways down the road, shoot me a friend request in game, we'll wing up and rob 'em blind in open.

-Cap Havok

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Well there goes the banana. Cutter spawned right on top of me right in the middle of fighting off lots of smaller ships and blew my thrusters offline and that was the end of my ship :D

On well, even after the loss of 19 million rebuy, i still have made around 50 million profit

Return to “General Discussion”