Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Also, I appreciate everyone's condolences for my lovely ship, and my credit balance. :-)

I think I still have about 100 million in cash, so this isn't as bad as if I had been short on the rebuy, but I am definitely in negative progress on credits for the week.

I just have a really bad taste in my mouth left from that CZ right now.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Schmobius wrote:I have certainly bit off more than I could chew before, and paid for it, but this was just cheap. As I said before, I might have shrugged it off if I had at least kept my combat bonds (not that they'd make a dent in my insurance claim) because now I may have actually hurt the war more than helped it.

What happened was a lag lapse. Its the same thing you see when you interdict and you have an almost full blue bar and the NPC is almost fully interdicted. Then "BLAM" it says "failed" and your FSD is on cool down.

You weren't killed by an NPC you were killed by lag :(

I've never taken on a Cutter, not solo anyway. My partner and I killed a cap ship but it was part of a CZ and about a dozen NPCs were also attacking it. I've ram killed an Anaconda so I imagine a cutter would be the same.

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81

Postby robfm81 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Went to dvorsi to find it doesn't have half the modules I need to A rate my courier.... hrumph

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Darwin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:11 pm

CZ seems bugged at the moment. After joining OoM side, ships on our side randomly turn into red enemy, including CMDRs on the same side. Watch out.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

stationtostation
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: StationToStation

Postby stationtostation » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Mebegernir: Low and high intensity CZ, Nav beacon ok - everything near a station (Cenker Orbital, well stocked). Nice combat playground.

stationtostation
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: StationToStation

Postby stationtostation » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Now I equipped my Cobra for exploration. Anyone want to join, visit a nebula?

LionWalker
Novice
Novice
CMDR: LionWalker

Postby LionWalker » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:29 pm

robfm81 wrote:I feel your pain after recently losing my FDL without insurance (300k short).
Back to square one but actually enjoying it. I have ranked up enough to get a courier this time thanks to metcalf and forgot how much fun the smaller ships can be.

As far as I know you can get a loan to pay the insurance (if you do not have enough credits for insurance). Did the game not offer you a loan?

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:46 am

robfm81 wrote:Went to dvorsi to find it doesn't have half the modules I need to A rate my courier.... hrumph

You'll pay 20% more but go to the land fall base i Sola Prospect in the Brestla system. Every module in the game is there.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:49 am

Today was grind day for Federation Navy ranks.

I started with 42% into Chief Petty Officer, achieved Warrant Officer and then went on to complete that and I am now an Ensign :)

Now I need to work hard for the cash to buy a FGS or sell my Clipper :)

Total time spent to get from Chief Petty Officer at 42% to Ensign at 16% was 1 hour and 45 min. Total cash spent on donations, fuel, ammo and repairs from interdictions 517,177 cr.

So even though my total cash went down a tad I accomplished quite a bit. I am also 100% Allied with all 6 factions at the Tun station :)

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:06 am

Hi all, I am happy to report that we have risen to 13.9% influence as of a few minutes ago - a tick should happen should to further update the figures. We"re currently 3.3% points ahead of Crimsom Electronics, our goal is to stretch our lead to at least 15% points.

For those who need a cheaper & more disposable ship to risk in the 2nd Exioce war, here is a Viper3 config I thoroughly tested in the CZ. You can buy the ship & completely outfit it at Reamy Dock at the Apathaam system. A stock Sidey with no weapons and an upgraded FSD drive (you just need a Class D) will get you there from Fort Lawrence.

The key characteristics of this ship configuration are the ff :

1. Class 3C Powerplant , Class 3C FSD ( you need a jump capability of 8+Ly to get around Greater Azrael), Class 3C thrusters

2. Mirrored Composite Hull , Hull reinforcements & Biweave shields
- These 3 work in conjunction to give the Viper3 maximum durability in a CZ. The small shield is meant to cushion the initial blow. The reflective hull + hull reinforcements will soak the damage done by even large hostile ships & gives the shield enough time to recharge. The small shield size also means a faster recharge time and more power to spare for the weapons.

If in a wing, you can make do with the standard light hull, don't bother with the reinforced hull as the added weight isn't worth the 30-40 armor boost.

3. 3xClass 1 Gimballed Burst lasers & 1xClass 2 Gimballed Multicannon

- The three burst lasers make you less dependent on ammo & can easily take out those nasty , small Imperial fighters ( as many as 21 in a wing as seen by @JohnLuke) while the medium multicannon is good against larger ships.

4. Chaff & Point Defense

- Chaff is of course essential but you"ll need the Point defense because missile fire is common in the CZ and the reflective hull is weak against those & other projectile fire.

Run when your hull nears 50%. Maximize the presence of OOM NPC ships (when other Mobius players aren't there) by targetting what they"re targetting & leading a pursuing Crimsom ships into the middle of allied Order NPC ships. The rebuy cost of this configuration is just 45K credits, 150K in spare cash should give you a comfortable safety margin.

Hope this proves useful, good hunting & fly safe Commanders :)
Last edited by Tifu on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”