Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
amezuki
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Traut
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby amezuki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Running contraband to save up for a fully-kitted exploration Asp while grinding Alioth rep for the permit and discount.

Then it's time to start planning a pilgrimage to Sag A* through a somewhat indirect route. Rather than making a beeline there, I'm thinking about picking some waypoints that look like they could be interesting along the way, possibly also tunneling down towards the "floor" of the galaxy a bit. When I first got in the game, I took my sidey out to Maia and back--scary trip in a freewinder with minimal upgrades, before it really starts to sink in that I've barely even set a toe outside of uninhabited space.

Acorina
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Acorina

Postby Acorina » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Just sold the FLD to get may Trixie (Python) back and dam the ship dealer at the stasion hat to beat him up to get Trixie back ;)

SongMinGi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Song Min Ki

Postby SongMinGi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 pm

grinding to outfit my anaconda...oh man the amount of credits i pissed away changing ships and modules the past few days...

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Goddamnit, boosted and crashed on some sort of invisible wall of a station. Luckily I didn't explode; got around 200 PP cargo.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:01 am

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote:
TorTorden wrote:Personally I come here for the lucrative slave trading and the brothels the former naturally brings.

On a slightly more topical note, I am currently sitting in a RES, watching the sun rise over the planet and,, must have been doing that for quite some time now...

That was strangely jaded and romantic at the same time.

You're not a closet poet are you?

No, just a hopeless romantic who happen to have been playing eve online for 3/4 of a decade.
I'm slowly recuperating though :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:27 am

i just had an interesting journey in Misty the Mining Asp, i had taken her to the pristine reserves in Algol and filled her up with all manner of crap. on the first jump on the way home, i was interdicted by a nasty Vulture just as i was preparing to scoop fuel. naturally he had to die, and did so

now most of my previous Asp builds had one inherent problem, which was overheating if i fired too long. that got compounded if i was fighting near a nav beacon or jump-in point. i would typically run 2x C2 gim beams and 4x C1 gim MCs because MCs are meant to produce less heat than lasers

Misty runs 2x C2 gim beams and 3x C1 gim pulses, plus the mining laser, but she did not get anywhere near overheating - the heat topped out at around 80%, and we were fighting right over the star and the fight went on for about 12 - 15 minutes (i had to bring his shields down 3 times)

i think she did rather well for her first fight. i am now considering adapting my second Anaconda with mining equipment so i can collect about 350t per trip instead of 60t...
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:50 am

I have decided to head back out into the deep black again. I outfitted a Diamondback Explorer and started my Journey.

This is he build I decided on and I will be dropping the chaff launcher and dropping down the shields as I get to the last station/outpost in the direction I am going.
As I am a Pathfinder now, I plan on making Elite on this trip so it will be a long one.

Wish me luck.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 am

After being out exploring for a while I came back to the outer edges of Imperial space (around Bubbi if you are interested). I finally got the next "rank up" mission from the glorious empire, so you are now looking at Marquis Coutts!

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Icpmcp

Postby Icpmcp » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Bounty farming in NLTT 34715 (3) near Litke Orbital at an Asteroid field. Really want that Python

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Icpmcp wrote:Bounty farming in NLTT 34715 (3) near Litke Orbital at an Asteroid field. Really want that Python

Join us. Joiiinnn usssssssss. :evil:

Pythons are the best.

In other news: I'm not 20% toward Elite status. Slow slow progress.

Return to “General Discussion”