Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Hrdina » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 am

Xebeth wrote:Found a nice little trade route between Gliese 868 and Wolf 906, making a little over 2.2k/Ton each round trip, and there is a RES right by the Wolf station for a bit of light killing to break up the trading.

Huh, I was based up in Wolf 906 for quite some time, but don't think I ever traded with Gliese 868. Maybe I'll head back up there after I'm finished near Lugh. Thanks!
Jameson & Son are my copilots

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:28 am

i finally found some C3 gimballed beams for my Python - they seem to have disappeared from almost eveywhere local - so i bought them even though i didn't really have the cash, only had about 50k left over. i just spent the past half hour earning the 1mil rebuy for my Vulture, very very nervous the whole time. the Python stays indoors until i make another 2.2mil for its 3.2mil rebuy.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze

Postby Raze » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 am

Just spent over an hour taking out Feds in a Low Intensity zone, racked up a shitload of bonds when out of nowhere 2 Anacondas roll in and focus fire me. I last all of 8 seconds, couldn't even run, lost 600K rebuy and an hours worth of time and effort in Bonds.

Never because of this game until this moment have I wanted to smash everything on my desk and never open the game again. That time is now.
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.
Powered by: VoiceAttack

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

Tried the wing (Fer de Lance and Asp [me]) is a deadly combo, we made 800k in one hour shooting things at a RES) with another commander from Mobius, and used teamspeak for the first time too. Thanks for all the fun and help. Even spoke with Mr Mobius himself. Gosh that got really late last night.

Went to bed at 3 am and I'm feeling happy but tired at 9 am now, lol.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Raze wrote:Just spent over an hour taking out Feds in a Low Intensity zone, racked up a shitload of bonds when out of nowhere 2 Anacondas roll in and focus fire me. I last all of 8 seconds, couldn't even run, lost 600K rebuy and an hours worth of time and effort in Bonds.

Never because of this game until this moment have I wanted to smash everything on my desk and never open the game again. That time is now.

Yep, that'll happen, ED can be a cruel mistress - she'll take you to highs, then kick you down and grind you under her heel.

When people say there is no danger in Elite Dangerous...
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Hrdina wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Found a nice little trade route between Gliese 868 and Wolf 906, making a little over 2.2k/Ton each round trip, and there is a RES right by the Wolf station for a bit of light killing to break up the trading.

Huh, I was based up in Wolf 906 for quite some time, but don't think I ever traded with Gliese 868. Maybe I'll head back up there after I'm finished near Lugh. Thanks!

They're about 25Ly apart so for me it's two jumps, but 1400cr/ton one way and 800 back in a T7 makes it worth it, plus Gliese has a good range of modules for sale, and my Vulture enjoys the RES in Wolf
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Have now relocated again, this time to Lave but that was really more of a place to stop and log off for the night (it was approaching 1am I believe). I dunno if I'll stick around there and try to find a trade route (or some decently-paying trade missions) or head away a bit and look there instead. It's only three hops from Shinrarta Dezhra with my shiny new maxed-out FSD so it won't take me long to get back there if I get bored or something :D.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Well interesting night.......

Got in my souped up taxi and flew back to my T6......Interdicted by an adder no less.....The 18000 came in handy as I thought I had gimballed weapons, but obviously did not......

Anyway......Climbed back into my T6....But instead of doing my normal route....Decided to look at a trading tool as I really needed money......Ok.....Good idea.....So I thought.......

Buy said items...lock in destination......Jump to destination and dock.....Paying no attention to the [illicit] cargo....Because I did not see it.......Go to sell said items.....No market for them.....Hmmmmmm....Fly out of station and finally see the [Illicit] thingy.....Also see the 112000Cr fine.......

Absolutely spiffing I think to myself..........

Go back to original station.....Sell back goods at a loss and pay fine......

Go about my normal trade route.....166000 per 14Ly round trip of about 15 mins.......

Then notice.....On the right panel underneath the fed allegiance.....still have a fine and a countdown.....Already paid it.....Can't pay it again......Another spiffing moment...So this time tomorrow I will be wanted by the looks of it......

Got fed up of grinding and took my super taxi to the Nav beacon.....

Took out a few Cobras and Adders and took some damage...Made 100000....Not bad in a sidey......

Said Hi to a coupla peeps along the way......

And that's about it.....

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm 8000 LY from where I set off from and 140 LY from my current target that I have dubbed "the evil blue star of giant burny death", which is apparently so epic it has 2 type-O stars and one type-B star as moons. So, if it doesn't set me on fire the instant I jump in it should be jolly good fun.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Fine was gone when I logged back in.......Yippee......

Grinded listening to Atomic roosters best of.......

Got bored........

Took Sidey to a conflict.........

Took on a python.......

Was doing unexpectedly well when a Viper and eagle joined the fray........

Needless to say in the end I lost......But went down fighting.......Well actually running......But left it a bit too late....

Cost me 35000....For a shit load of fun.......

Luv it............

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”