Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
iMaelstrom
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: iMaelstrom
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby iMaelstrom » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 am

Ameena wrote:Cobra isn't 600k, is it? I seem to recall it's 379k...although I didn't buy one till I was over 400k so I still had money to buy cargo and stuff. I'm nearly at a million credits now (something like 976k or thereabouts), yaaay :D...although technically I've already made considerably more than that - I just keep spending it on upgrading my ship. Since someone posted in another thread on here about how you can apparently now always find every possible ship upgrade in Shinrarta Dezhra, I suppose I'll have to lug aaaalll the way back over there again at some point...although it'll probably take much less time than it did to leave that region in the first place as I'm now in a Cobra rather than my starting Sidewinder :D.

He's probably referring to the added cost of covering insurance and upgrades/cargo as well. Never upgrade ships until you can cover the insurance cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm currently in Tetonang/LTT 15278 trading in my Clipper. I'll probably get about 10m more and then downgrade to a Vulture and try that out. First day I've gotten to play the Wings update.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Raze wrote:Currently in LTT 7251 hanging out at the Nav Beacon taking down Wanted ships and ferrying back and forth from there to Stephenson Horizons until I have 600K and can buy a Cobra!! :D

A medium equipped Cobra is more like 1.5 M Cr. :)
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 pm

Ahh okay, I thought you just meant the initial buy cost. The insurance cost is that thing listed on the right-hand panel under "Buy-Back Cost" or something (below where it lists your current Elite ranks and cash), right? I just seem to recall that it's supposed to be something like 10% of your ship but I've upgraded most of the stuff on mine so I figured it'd be more but it's around 32k. What I'll probably do at some point is get myself a nice load of cash put by (after upgrading my ship as much as I can), then sell stuff like the cargo holds and other stuff and look into upgrading the guns - I've not touched the weaponry aspect of my ship yet - my only combat situations ahve been interdictions, in which case I always run away whilst an NPC pirate pews at my arse...one time they even launched a missile but fortunately it missed - I have no idea how much damage they can do or what types are available in this game...hopefully ECM or Naval ECM is still a thing ;). And then I'll go looking for a fight and not have to worry too much about getting blown up because I'll know I have enough to buy it all back again straight away :D.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:27 pm

I shot lots of things until I had a healthy new toy fund and now I've gone back to exploring. The Orphan Child is taking a look at some objects close to human space and then I might take a huge long trip somewhere.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 am

Day 36 - Ridley Scott at Zaonce
Explored Zaonce system with some trading/missions. Been bounty hunting at a couple of RES in the system. Good money !
Met Cmdr Steelers at RES near Ridley Scott and saw several other Cmdrs docked in stations.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Raz0rking
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Raz0rking

Postby Raz0rking » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:28 am

still on my way home. 3k LY to go to sol...kinda cool because i started at 8k yesterdaay
The only time one has to much fuel is, when one is on fire.

CMDR Beltane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Beltane

Postby CMDR Beltane » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:40 am

Currently trading arround my home system, sometimes going out for a hunt. But this weekend i friend of mine and myself are going to take a longer trip, heading to Witchead and Bernards Loop.
Current Pilot Federation Ranks: Expert (Combat) / Entrepreneur (Trade) / Pathfinder (Exploration)
Current Ships: Anaconda , Vulture, Asp, Imperial Clipper
Current Allegiance: Empire

JackDeadman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jack Deadman

Postby JackDeadman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 am

finally broke the 1M CR barrier for the first time, thanks to the Lugh conflict. Time to go upgrade my Cobra! :)
Aint no use complainin' when it's time to die; Some of us 'ave been there, done that, got bored and come back.

Kal
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kaldor Nighthawk

Postby Kal » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:30 am

Mostly running rares right now to get enough credits to start outfitting an Asp. Usually find me running between Rajukru and Altair with some excursions to Lugh for a little combat fun. :evil:

Ran in a wing with my son the other day and we had fun springing 2 v 1 traps on npc interdictions. :twisted:

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Last couple days I've been doing some fighting in Lugh and a few different Nav Points for bounty hunting. Thinking of increasing my Fed standings soon.

Once I'm able I'll purchase a Type-6(or something) so I can get some trading and bank some credits for upcoming updates and most likely a few new ships that'll be released then.

Return to “General Discussion”